PDA

View Full Version : baffles on the river

tahitijet
08-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Are baffles required on the river where CBBB is being held?
Thanks

helter skelter
08-09-2004, 01:14 AM
From what I understand... mufflers are required on the entire Colorado River... just some places... such as Lost Lake tend to be a bit more relaxed about it... whereas the Yuma area has been crazy nazi-esque about them.
I never ran mufflers on Lake Mojave or the river from Bullhead to Needles... but that been a couple of years.
But if you want a really good solution to your anwer... the price of mufflers just happens to be fairly close to the price of the fine for not having them. If everyone else is not running them... then out they go... if they are... then your covered... and don't have to deal with The Man.
J. Bostick
"The Six-Oh-Nine"
'79 PJB Gullwing

LUVNLIFE
08-09-2004, 02:18 AM
I'm not running mine and if I had to guess no one else is ;)

Danhercules
08-09-2004, 03:37 AM
Stay down river of the pipeline, you should be fine. I will not have mine in.!!

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 05:55 AM
I will have mine in. I really dont understand why the cops fuss, they mufflers still flow exhaust right down the center and they dont quite the exhaust that much.

JET-O-VATOR
08-09-2004, 06:28 AM
i aint running no stinkin baffles i passed a cop 2 weeks ago in front of the willow beaches i was wot and full roost and he waived! so i quess it depends on the cop.......

Floored
08-09-2004, 01:03 PM
up north of the AVI is where Roostwear says the Nevada patrol boat cruises and he sometimes does full checks, for everything. I went upriver and ran into him but I'm baffled and really old so he left me alone. South of the AVI you rarely see any patrols and most boaters uncap but I'm set for baffles so why bother pulling them out. I have an OLDS so why sound like a PITBULL if you run like a WIENERDOG :cry: :D

FOURQ
08-09-2004, 01:38 PM
I aint running them but im bringin them just incase.....

JET-O-VATOR
08-10-2004, 07:15 AM
MINE ARE ALWAYS IN THE BOAT JUST IN CASE......BUT MY BOAT ISNT THAT LOUD :cry: I WANT IT LOUDER QUESS ITS TIME FOR A BBF :idea:

Screemy1
08-10-2004, 08:39 AM
My baffles are always in the pipes... I drilled them out :rolleyes: so they are open and free flowing... but just the look of them in, I don't ever get hasseled. Its like the smog equipment thing for cars and bikes... it all there, just none of it is hooked up :)