PDA

View Full Version : header problems

76biesmeyer
08-09-2004, 05:38 AM
I just put a brand new set of bassett water injected headers on my deaver hydro and I am getting way to much water coming out!! What can I do two just get a mist instead of buckets out the back!!!

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 05:51 AM
I just put a brand new set of bassett water injected headers on my deaver hydro and I am getting way to much water coming out!! What can I do two just get a mist instead of buckets out the back!!!
Do you have a water valve hooked up?

76biesmeyer
08-09-2004, 06:10 AM
Yes I do!! I will give paul Bassett a call later and see what he says

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 06:48 AM
Yes I do!! I will give paul Bassett a call later and see what he says
ok. I used a home depot style water valve and it works great.

76biesmeyer
08-09-2004, 07:06 AM
I was thinking the samething just install it in front of the t valve.Then I can make my ajustments to the water flow. That should work

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 08:13 AM
I was thinking the samething just install it in front of the t valve.Then I can make my ajustments to the water flow. That should work
yeah, thats exactly what I did, the thing was less than $10. I mounted it under the seat and I can make just a FINE mist or have it rushing out.

ColeTR1
08-09-2004, 09:05 AM
I made a couple of jets from an Allen pipe plug one for each header. Drill about 1/16” dia hole in the center of the plug and put it in the line at the bottom of the headers. Works great! Bassett also makes a t-fitting that has a spring in it that closes off the water when your motor is at an idle.

Some Kind Of Monster
08-09-2004, 11:58 AM
You need a bassett t valve.. If you already have one, you need to adjust the spring.

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 12:22 PM
You need a bassett t valve.. If you already have one, you need to adjust the spring.
Do you know how to adjust the spring? mine doesnt seems to cut off water from getting to the headers completely, I took it out.

Some Kind Of Monster
08-10-2004, 04:23 PM
I would go to the hardware or automotive store and purchase different strength springs and test until desired results. I was lucky and mine worked correctly. I know that Bassett sells different springs as well. Look them up.

BrendellaJet
08-10-2004, 05:37 PM
You guys ever try one of these? Some of the jet guys use em and they work!Banderlog (http://www.banderlog.com/products/waterInjectionValve/waterInjection.html)

76biesmeyer
08-10-2004, 06:20 PM
I spent all day in my shop :idea: :idea: And I fix the problem!!!! But it is a secret :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: Just a little hint :cool: :cool: 8 little jets left over from my N.O.S. kit :yuk:

BrendellaJet
08-11-2004, 03:35 PM
seems like with 8 little jets youll be leaking water into those headers all the time.