PDA

View Full Version : Extreme trailers.....???

Liquid Courage
08-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know the costs? How much for a 35-38' boat trailer w/all the goodies? Anyone here work there or know someone that would know?

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know the costs? How much for a 35-38' boat trailer w/all the goodies? Anyone here work there or know someone that would know?
depends on what you want on the trailor.. is it a reg. trailor or a bling bling trailor. ;)

Steamin' Rice
08-09-2004, 03:50 PM
TIT,
Give Extreme a call and talk to them about what you're looking at for a trailer and they'll give you an idea. You will definitely want a galvatube trailer.... They hold up fairly well in the salt

Liquid Courage
08-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Def. want a bling trailer that holds up in the ocean :D
Greg, I don't want to stroke Extreme w/questions, I just want to get a general idea of how much it would cost. I like their style and looks. But if they are as much as a Myco, then...........Just trying to get a range for my budget on the next boat. Alot of these Cigs are trailerless. I need to budget that in ya know. Plus, I don't like the looks of the aluminum and galvanized, but want the durablility of it.
How's Chris's Extreme look under his Hustler? He has the galvanized/painted you said right?

Steamin' Rice
08-09-2004, 04:01 PM
I hear you on not wanting to ask 20 questions until you're ready to buy. I think that an Extreme is going to be in the same ballpark as a Myco, but I could be wrong on that. I'll see if I can find out for sure, but I think that a galvatube Extreme for my 34 is somewhere around $10k with minimal bling.
I don't remember what trailer Chris has. Greg Timmons (Beetlejuice) has the Hustler on the Extreme Trailer - it looks badass.... I think his trailer was built with 12" tubes so it looks killer.
Did you get a boat lined up yet??

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 04:09 PM
I hear you on not wanting to ask 20 questions until you're ready to buy. I think that an Extreme is going to be in the same ballpark as a Myco, but I could be wrong on that. I'll see if I can find out for sure, but I think that a galvatube Extreme for my 34 is somewhere around $10k with minimal bling.
I don't remember what trailer Chris has. Greg Timmons (Beetlejuice) has the Hustler on the Extreme Trailer - it looks badass.... I think his trailer was built with 12" tubes so it looks killer.
Did you get a boat lined up yet??
I would agree but ours is a little more with a little more bling.. :cool:

Liquid Courage
08-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Greg, I'm entertaining offers on my boat right now. Plan to buy a Cig at X-mas time. I just like to be prepared. I thought it was Chris w/the Extreme but thats right it was Greg.
So 10k is probably ballpark. That's about a Myco too. Hmmm, well I guess we'll just see. Of course I'd rather have more boat and less trailer, than less boat and more trailer :D :D

Liquid Courage
08-09-2004, 04:17 PM
I would agree but ours is a little more with a little more bling.. :cool:
And what's sitting on it? What size?

Liquid Courage
08-09-2004, 04:18 PM
By the way, this is what I'm talking about right here!
http://extremetrailers.com/new/db_00120_P10103692.jpg
But this isn't bad either...
http://www.mycotrailers.com/images/gallery/Cigarette_127.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 04:26 PM
And what's sitting on it? What size?
our boat is a 29'mach DCB.. I can get a pic if you want to see it.. ;)

Havasu Cig
08-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Tank,
Do yourself a favor and go with an aluminum Myco. I priced both a galvanized/painted Extreme and our Myco before I bought, and Extreme wanted 4k more for.
For running in the ocean I would never own anything but aluminum. I payed $12,500 for the Myco with drive guards, custom wheels, spare and a tool box. I got a deal on the trailer, but they hooked Gerard up on the trailor for his PowerPlay so I think you could probably get a good deal from them.
Myco has built alot of trailers for Cigs and it loads and unloads very well. I had originally purchased another trailer when I first bought the boat and it was a POS. It had to be taken to another manufacturer to be fixed. DSM ended up taking it back.
Bill Tweety (sp) at Myco has always stepped up when I needed him. He has overnighted stuff to me in Havasu and told me to have it fixed when I was having brake problems no questions asked.
Extreme builds a great trailor but Myco just has more experience with East Coast Boats. Let me know if you want Bill's number.
Chris

Liquid Courage
08-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Right on Chris, I appreciate that. I like painted trailers but if I were to get aluminum I do like the looks of the Myco. I don't really want to spend more than 10k for a trailer though ya know? The whole, more boat/less trailer thingy. :D
Question though, can you paint aluminum? :confused:
It would be nice to not have to worry about a steel trailer...I already re-did my current trailer after 5 years, it was done!

Havasu Cig
08-10-2004, 10:20 AM
I would call bill, but I don't think they can paint aluminum. After owning a couple extreme's with all the "bling" accessories I really did not want that with the Cig. The boat is enough work without having to polish billet pieces on the trailer.
If you have to have painted I would still go with the Myco. If you have ever seen some of the boats at DSM, namely the blue Tiger, the Myco's there have heald up very well for trailers that have not been taken care of. I believe the blue Tiger there is a 2000 and the trailer looks damn good for never being washed and being stuck in the salt water many times.
I would call bill and let him know what you are looking for and what your budget is. I have is number if you want it, let me know.
Chris

Mandelon
08-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Why not go with aluminum and just have the whole thing anodized ? !!!! $$$$$$$ :cool: