PDA

View Full Version : Golf Cart Poll

OutCole'd
08-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Who makes the best electric golf carts??

don johnson
08-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Club Car.
Why: Because I work for the corporation that owns them, Ingersoll-Rand.
FYI.... CC just introduced a new Golf Cart that blows EZ Go away. Independent suspension and a new interior/exterior that is much more modern...

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 04:13 PM
you might want to post this in cats and tunnels.. for Drow.. they can give you a heads up on the carts..
:D

TOBTEK
08-09-2004, 04:15 PM
WITHOUT ANY QUESTION......CLUBCAR IS THE BEST MADE CART! PERIOD. IF anyone has ever worked much with the big three( CLUBCAR,YAMAHA,EZ-GO), there isn't any question. The rust you WILL FIND on any Yamaha, or EZ-GO (unless you buy a new cart) is overwelming. The Alum frame is so nice on the CC's and the rack in pinion steering is over the top. Lifted yamaha's and ez-go's handling isnt in the same ballpark. The bodies on CC & Yam's are fastend nicley, and the EZ's are all pop-rivoted :( I say this and I still have one really nice yamaha thats forsale. ALL my own personal carts WILL BE CC's from now on. The old saying applies again "you get what you pay for"

TOBTEK
08-09-2004, 04:17 PM
you might want to post this in cats and tunnels.. for Drow.. they can give you a heads up on the carts..
:D
nice avatar mis V :idea: ....isnt it time you two change your screen names, and just have a "AKA" maybe some like "MIS HAIRLESS KITTY" :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 04:21 PM
nice avatar mis V :idea: ....isnt it time you two change your screen names, and just have a "AKA" maybe some like "MIS HAIRLESS KITTY" :D
LOL!! I can't change mine.. I am always gonna be called Vee.. but the mr can change his..
Everytime we are out all I hear is Vee.. Vee and the Mr introduces himself as Mr Mrs flyin vee.. :p :D
now about my avatar.. thank you for the compliment.. :D

Debbolas
08-09-2004, 04:23 PM
I don't have a golf cart, but have always wanted one..............can I vote?
(tell me who to vote for....) :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 04:24 PM
I don't have a golf cart, but have always wanted one..............can I vote?
(tell me who to vote for....) :)
me.. :p :p

Debbolas
08-09-2004, 04:26 PM
me.. :p :p
Are you a golf cart?!? :jawdrop: :idea:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Are you a golf cart?!? :jawdrop: :idea:
no but I can do a pretty good wheel barrel. :p

Debbolas
08-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Well..............that's good enough for me
I vote for Mrs. Flyin Vee!!!!!!!! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Well..............that's good enough for me
I vote for Mrs. Flyin Vee!!!!!!!! :D
LMAO!! :)

Beautiful Noise
08-09-2004, 04:34 PM
I can do a pretty good wheel barrel. :p
I'm still Picturing this :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 04:57 PM
:D :D :p :p

OGShocker
08-09-2004, 05:00 PM
:eek: :) ;) no but I can do a pretty good wheel barrel. :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-09-2004, 05:03 PM
:devil: :devil: :D :eek: :) ;)
:devil: :D

OutCole'd
08-09-2004, 06:39 PM
WITHOUT ANY QUESTION......CLUBCAR IS THE BEST MADE CART! PERIOD. IF anyone has ever worked much with the big three( CLUBCAR,YAMAHA,EZ-GO), there isn't any question. The rust you WILL FIND on any Yamaha, or EZ-GO (unless you buy a new cart) is overwelming. The Alum frame is so nice on the CC's and the rack in pinion steering is over the top. Lifted yamaha's and ez-go's handling isnt in the same ballpark. The bodies on CC & Yam's are fastend nicley, and the EZ's are all pop-rivoted :( I say this and I still have one really nice yamaha thats forsale. ALL my own personal carts WILL BE CC's from now on. The old saying applies again "you get what you pay for"
That's what i'm talking about, facts... Thanks TOBTEK.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-09-2004, 07:18 PM
As a D-row member, get a used gas cart. Batteries are no good! They always
die out on the Islander guys when they come visit are track. I have an e-z go and it's a piece of poop! 3d0s yamaha hauls but for stock. The e-z go is truly built for golf. I have put over $2000 into mine to beef it up.

Scream
08-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Well, based on my golf experience, I voted for Club Car. Seems the EZGo's are always doggin out on the hills with my fat ass in the chair, but the CC's seem to take my girth in stride. That's gotta say something for the product I think...

LLGirl
08-09-2004, 09:11 PM
I voted Club Car. We have one of each. Although our EZ GO is lifted and looks cooler than our CC, the CC has a much better ride! Great suspension!

Beautiful Noise
08-09-2004, 09:12 PM
no but I can do a pretty good wheel barrel. :p
Wait I'm still Picturing this :idea:

Nubbs
08-09-2004, 09:15 PM
OK Tobtek, I'm gonna butt heads with you a bit here. :D I like the ez go carts. They're fairly inexpensive and I think they look the best. There's also a lot more aftermarket stuff available for the ez go's. The aluminum frame on the cc is not necessarily better. It won't rust, however it will oxidize and it will eventually develop cracks or break. That's just a property of aluminum. The steel frames can be made to look better than new with a bead blast and powdercoat finish. There's my $.02.
Nubbs

moneypit
08-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Im seconding what Tobtek said. One other thing that he missed about the club car is that they all come 48 volts which makes for upgrading the motor. With EZ-Go and the others, they dont come this way. If you ever want to upgrade, you would have to change the electrical.
The best part is that the frame is all Aluminum. They CC may not be the best looking, but there are many upgrades available for front cowling.

Nubbs
08-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Im seconding what Tobtek said. One other thing that he missed about the club car is that they all come 48 volts which makes for upgrading the motor. With EZ-Go and the others, they dont come this way. If you ever want to upgrade, you would have to change the electrical.
The best part is that the frame is all Aluminum. They CC may not be the best looking, but there are many upgrades available for front cowling.
MP,
Many motors can run on both 36 and 48 volts. However, the power output is greater with 48 volts.

HighRoller
08-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Whichever rig can haul my fat ass, clubs and at least a case of beer around for 18 holes has my vote. And no slowing down up hills, either....

casean
08-10-2004, 07:54 AM
OK Tobtek, I'm gonna butt heads with you a bit here. :D I like the ez go carts. They're fairly inexpensive and I think they look the best. There's also a lot more aftermarket stuff available for the ez go's. The aluminum frame on the cc is not necessarily better. It won't rust, however it will oxidize and it will eventually develop cracks or break. That's just a property of aluminum. The steel frames can be made to look better than new with a bead blast and powdercoat finish. There's my $.02.
Nubbs
I completely agree with Nubbs on this. There are allot more aftermarket parts, both for the appearance and engine for the EZ-GO carts. Plus I can personally attest to how well built the EZ-GO carts are. Last year I kind of rolled it out at Ocotillo Wells, after I hit a 3' high wall at 25mph in the wash. Amazingly the only thing that happened was the front beam bent back under the wheel well.

mbrown2
08-10-2004, 08:00 AM
EZGo...We have Sport Turf 350, Gas with the 351cc motor and it will go on most of the hills around Parker...have not really messed with the top end because I want it turn key, but for the dirt, and being it is stock, it works very very well...Electric's great if you like to keep it on the street and recharge...but don't try to take it offroading...

casean
08-10-2004, 08:05 AM
EZGo...We have Sport Turf 350, Gas with the 351cc motor and it will go on most of the hills around Parker...have not really messed with the top end because I want it turn key, but for the dirt, and being it is stock, it works very very well...Electric's great if you like to keep it on the street and recharge...but don't try to take it offroading...
Gas is the only way to go if you plan on "really" off-roading your cart. We've taken ours every where off-road. From the hills behind Moabi to Olds hill in Glamis. Amazing what these little motors will do.

TOBTEK
08-10-2004, 08:42 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135GRNBLUCCCOWL-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135WHTCLUBCAR.jpg
IN STOCK FORM, ID AGREE the CC's aren't very attractive....but when you pimp it out, they are sweet IMO! As far as sandblasting old rusted frames and making them as good as new....ammmmmmmmm, NO. I cant tell you how much time ive spent sweeping up piles of rust from installing lifts on EZ's. Quaility of build, ride quality, fit and finish, ect. Put CC's on the top of my list. As far as accessories being available, Id agree that more things are available for the EZ's at this time....

Powerquestboy
08-10-2004, 08:53 AM
18 years as a golfer, 5 years working in a cart barn putting golf carts to every test imaginable, beating the crap out of them including totaling 2 carts. We had EZ GO's, then Yamaha's and then Club Cars. Club Car was hands down the best cart!

Mandelon
08-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Billy, I was thinking you wanted a Golf Cart Pole for the dancers to swing on whhilie you cruised the park... :D :D

OutCole'd
08-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Where's a good web site that shows aftermarket parts available for both??

OutCole'd
08-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Billy, I was thinking you wanted a Golf Cart Pole for the dancers to swing on whhilie you cruised the park... :D :D
I'm hoping. Build the cart, and the girlies will come, or something like that.

casean
08-10-2004, 09:17 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135GRNBLUCCCOWL-med.jpg
IN STOCK FORM, ID AGREE the CC's aren't very attractive....but when you pimp it out, they are sweet IMO! As far as sandblasting old rusted frames and making them as good as new....ammmmmmmmm, NO. I cant tell you how much time ive spent sweeping up piles of rust from installing lifts on EZ's. Quaility of build, ride quality, fit and finish, ect. Put CC's on the top of my list. As far as accessories being available, Id agree that more things are available for the EZ's at this time....
Now that's a good looking CC. I think all of them are far from attractive in their stock form. Before I bought ours I looked at and test drove a CC. I liked the ride, but something didn't feel right when sitting in the drivers seat. It was like the passenger compartment was cramped. What size gas engine comes in the CC? The one I drove felt allot faster than the EZ-GO, but that was before I modified the limiter.