PDA

View Full Version : Perloader????

hot_rod
04-11-2001, 05:56 PM
Whatahey,
Can anyone tell me what a preloader is and should I use one. Also what are the pros and cons of using a preloader.
Thanks,
Hot_Rod

Jetmugg
04-11-2001, 06:51 PM
I've never heard the term "pre-loader", but a loader grate is something that is designed to direct water into particular areas of the pump. There are many different kinds of loaders, ranging from simple angle iron types, to curved loaders, blockers,rough water loaders, and others that I don't know about. I think if you go to MPD's website, there are photos of various types of loaders. The pros are that your boat can accellerate harder, run faster on the top end, and stay hooked up in rough water. I'm not aware of any downside to running a loader.
SteveM.

Jim
04-11-2001, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by hot_rod:
Whatahey,
Can anyone tell me what a preloader is and should I use one. Also what are the pros and cons of using a preloader.
Thanks,
Hot_Rod

Jim
04-11-2001, 08:31 PM
Hotrod, a preloader is also called a inducer witch helps feed water to the empeller, cuts down cavitation, helps cruisers get out of the hole,also high horsepower motors won't cavitate the pump as easly. Jim Brock Cyclone speed & marine (818) 890-1867