PDA

View Full Version : ANY ONE EVER BUY A NEW ELIMINATOR

dallas
06-03-2002, 02:57 PM
i bought my first new boat ever. ive owned many used ones, and 5 eliminators. but never new. i guess i expected more from them. i live in wi so i had to go out of state to get mine. i thought i would get some thing from eliminator like a thank you letter, or some thing. i under stand they only sell about 400 new a year im quessing be cause they are kinda pricey! i didnt even get any litature on the boat. i got tons of stuff on the motor, the dealer told me the factory would send all the info on the boat its ben 4 months and nothing i e-mailed eliminator but got no reply is this normal. or was i expecting to much?

Boatjob
06-03-2002, 03:52 PM
That's the reason I bought a DCB instead of an Eliminator. When I spend $100,000+ I expect customer service, that is something that Eliminator is not willing to give. Sorry

Jrocket
06-03-2002, 03:59 PM
Hey Dallas,
You havent got anything because your check cleared already.They got paid,your done.Sad to hear that though.

Hermosa
06-03-2002, 06:17 PM
Yes, they are dicks. I purchased a new Daytona and an Eagle from them in the past, boats were nice, not great, but they were complete dick heads. Never again.

riverliver
06-03-2002, 06:53 PM
Got to jump in on this one, I have had a few Eliminators and have had great service, both Dan and Jim have always been there to help me when i needed it.
They just replaced my two front seat at no charge and my boat is 4 years old as of may !
Sorry to hear you guys have had bad service.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

06-03-2002, 07:29 PM
I walked in (first mistake) didn't wear
a suit just shorts and t shirt got more
response from the photo on the wall,
was out of there in 5 mins had cash
their loss

hulshot
06-03-2002, 09:16 PM
I also had a bad encounter with them. My stringer in my daytona was two piece instead of a one piece in one sponson. They had butted them together not even bracing them or doweling or anything to hold them toghther but alot of glass. I noticed on the same side I always had water draining out of it, I also noticed that the bottom was soft. I had it checked out by 2 reputable boat shops that deal with structural repairs. They found that the stringers had broken apart and the rear stringer piece had pulled up from the floor and caused the bottom to crack severly. Both shops said that the stringers should have been all one piece. I asked them if it appeared if the boat had been worked on after the boat was built and both compared the glass work and said it was like that from the begining. Could have been very bad if the bottom came apart at high speeds or even slow for that matter. I contacted them and talked with 3 different people, All of them very high up in the company, They told me it wasn't a structural defect of the boat but that I had too big of a motor in it and there was nothing they would do about it. How could a motor cause a stringer to pull off the floor on the other side of the tunnel. The motor did nothing to the solid mounts on the stringers they bolted to???? I will never buy a mass produced boat again, there is no attention to detail, just attention to quantity. Also very bad customer service I feel on there part. They should have nutted up and admitted they screwed up and to take care of it instead of blaming it on the motor and making the customer pay for there poor worksmanship. just my 02 pennies.

DMB
06-04-2002, 06:12 AM
Dallas, I seem to recall another thread where you were complaining about a seat or some other issue and the service manager at Eliminator personally took care of you.
And you thanked him.
I've heard all the same issues about other MFGs even worse, by the way my buddy bought a DCB and it took five months, not the three he was promised. That was after he told dave he wanted his boat or his money back, I also recall another DCB owner complaining about dave telling him what he wanted to hear but never following thru, so even DCB hits the ground now and then. I'm not attacking DCB just making a point YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY in any service orientated business.
If your complaint is about not recieving a thank you letter, most boat builders would be guilty.
[This message has been edited by DMB (edited June 04, 2002).]

Steamin' Rice
06-04-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by DMB:
If your complaint is about not recieving a thank you letter, every boat builder is guilty.
I have to throw my 2 cents to this one...I have received excellent customer service from the guys at Shockwave. There were about five people from Shockwave who stayed until almost 10PM (without eating dinner) on the Friday night before Memorial day to deliver my boat to me, and one of those people was an owner of the company. On Tues after memorial day I got a call from one of the owners of Shockwave asking how everything went over the weekend. I also received a card in the mail on wed after memorial day from Shockwave thanking me for my purchase. We now have about 12 hours on the boat and everything has been perfect on with it..

DMB
06-04-2002, 11:43 AM
Sounds like Shockwave is making an investment of time and good service in a customer, not just a sale.
I've also heard and been witness to similar storys about other boat builders.
Thank you for helping make my point.

DEL51
06-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Dallas,I sent 3 letters and 2 e-mails to eliminator about purchsing a new boat and received no response. No response = No Purchase. This must be great news for Mr Leach. They are doing so well they didn't need my cash.

Spirit of Discovery
06-04-2002, 02:24 PM
Don't know who you guys have been talking to. You need to be sure that you shouldn't be bashing a dealer before you bash the manufacturer. I know the guys at Eliminator, personally, including Bob. I know for a fact that you wre not getting ignored by Bob. If he knew that someone was getting bad customer service, heads would roll!! Call him direct!! Also, we all need to take all the complaints with a grain of salt. I know people who go out and tear their boat up and then bring it back saying that something was defective. When they won't fix it, they make all kinds of noise, blamind the manufacturer instead of their own drunken stupidness. These guys at Eliminator are the consumate professionals and they are going to stand behind their product 100%. I also know they have been around a very long time and are not going to let some nimrod try to pull a fast one (believe me, they get that every day there!!). so, people, when you see this bashing going on, remember.....consider the source and don't believe everything you hear.

Hermosa
06-04-2002, 02:35 PM
I agree, all builders have had problems or might have ignored a customer at one time or another, can't be perfect....but as far a Leach and his crew, I feel they are a complete group of jackasses. I bought two new boats from them in the past 5 years, both experiences were not fun. I will be sure to give my future business to a better group of people, there are plenty to choose from these days, lots of good manufacturers. hey, just my opinion, everyone do what you want...

Boatjob
06-04-2002, 04:44 PM
DMB- So which is worse, DCB taking a longer time than expected to build a boat, or Eliminator finishing a boat in a month? Rushing or taking your time?Hmm..... Any "custom" builder should take longer that a couple weeks to finish a "custom" boat. IMO. Think about that

1quickjet
06-04-2002, 04:54 PM
Bob Leach = a professional and an extremely nice and respectful guy. Eliminator salesmen = total jackasses. I always go straight to Bob, give everyone else the finger. I agree that if Bob knew half of this, heads would roll. BTW, not knocking Shockwave, because they are an awesome boat, but they would not return any of my calls, I always had to deal with them in person. Nice boats though.

dallas
06-04-2002, 06:36 PM
DMB, it sounds like you work for eliminator? all im saying is that when you spend this kind of money you would think you would be treated like it. i run a ford dealership,i bend over backwards foe all my customers and ive never sold a 100,000 ford. and by the way i never complained about my boat im complaining about eliminator and the people who they employ. if i go out to dinner with my wife and spend a 100 dollars i should be treated pretty well what should you be treated like when you spend a 100 grand????

playdeep
06-04-2002, 07:39 PM
I have had 3 Eliminators,My last Eagle took almost 8 weeks to build,every couple of weeks There would be a FedEx envelope at my door containing pictures of my boat in various stages of the build process.When I took delivery of the boat I could not have been happier.I have called the factory numerous times and asked to speak to Bob or Brent,If they were not in I would leave my name and number,there has not been one instance of a failure to return a call.Common sense tells you that there has to be a reason they build so many,cuz they arent giving them away.Also look at the number of owners who attend thier annual regatta.NOTE:Before I get flamed here I am looking at a DCB 26Mach only (emphasis on only) because it might be one of those too good to pass up deals.Should this deal not come to fruition than I will continue in search of a 4th Eliminator..........

future boater
06-05-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Steamin' Rice:
There were about five people from Shockwave who stayed until almost 10PM (without eating dinner)...
you didnt buy them a pizza or something?

XTRM22
06-05-2002, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by DMB:
I'm not attacking DCB just making a point YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY in any service orientated business.
[This message has been edited by DMB (edited June 04, 2002).]
DMB, you know if you were attaking DCB I'd have to come out swinging. LOL Seriously though I can think of several people who who feel as positively about Bob Leach and Eliminator as some here feel negatively. I also know that when I was boat shopping there were several manuf. who didn't want to talk to me at all on the phone, some would send brochures, but wouldn't waste their time on someone who wasn't there. Dave got on the phone with me the first time I called and really helped me make the deal work. I build Homes for retirees here in Tucson and I can treat 2 different buyers exactly the same and complete their houses in the same time frame with identical quality levels, and one will tell you I walked on water for them while the other thinks I'm a jerk and tried to screw them out of their money. Like DMB said, you can't make everyone happy in any service oriented business.
Chuck

THOR
06-05-2002, 06:49 AM
My 2 cents.
Last year my dad was in the market for a 21-22 foot and went to Eliminator and Ultra. He said "unless you want to spend $100k or more they wont even talk to you at Eliminator". He loves his Ultra.
I went out to Eliminator about 3 weeks ago, and a salesman was really nice to me. Took me around the shop, the yard, rigging etc. It was a little slow, but he was still cool.
Two different stories--

Steamin' Rice
06-05-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by future boater:
you didnt buy them a pizza or something?
I know, I know....We felt bad about not getting them anything to eat....The boat was 99.99% ready by about 7:00 pm, but the guys wanted it to be perfect and a few really minor things took more time that we thought...The best part was when there were three guys cleaning the soot from the transom after they started the motor on the trailer to check everything for the first time..We told them not to worry about cleaning it since it was still pretty clean and we were just going to mess it up again the following morning, but they wanted it to be 100% perfect..

RandyH
06-05-2002, 10:32 AM
Dallas,
I think a good dealer is the key to everything. If you live in Wisconsin and went out of state , I figure I know who you went to. I stopped in there last year and got blown off. I really liked the 26 foot canopy and was willing to shell out the coin.
I went to Ultra instead and bought direct from John West. Ended up with a Jet boat and get it next week , but would have been glad to go through a dealer if given the option locally. Good Luck with your new boat.
Randy

TexasEliminator
06-07-2002, 07:45 AM
Dallas,
I recently sent you an email about your Eliminator purchase. I have not gotten a response from you yet. Eventhough I am not the dealership that has done the wrong doing to you. I am still committed to making sure that EVERY Eliminator customer is happy with their purchase. I appologize again for someone else's mistake. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do.
Thanks,
Geoff

Spirit of Discovery
06-07-2002, 09:07 AM
AH HA !!!!!
I thought it was a dealer and not the factory. You guys NEED to realize that this is a public forum. You need to realize who you are bashing before you wiggle your fingers on the keyboard. Your comments about the factory go pretty close to slander when you're really talking about someone else more than a thousand miles away. Eliminator stands behind their products 1000%. If you get the factory involved, they'll do everything to get your problem solved. We also realize that there are some people who revel in spreading bad stuff about other people. If you haven't followed up properly, it is YOUR fault, not the factory's. If the factory does not know about the problem and you don't follow up, they can only assume that the problem is fixed. by the way, No, I don't work for Eliminator. I have no ties to them either. I know they make a quality (and YES, you do pay for quality)product and stand behind that product. I have a 36' Daytona Super Cat Light on order with them. I believe in the boat and I believe in the factory behind the boat. You need to follow up with the proper people and I bet your problem will be solved.

HYSTRUNG
06-07-2002, 10:38 AM
Steamin' Rice. We had a similar experience when we picked up our Shockwave last year. The trailer wasn't ready when promised. Danny and Greg offered to deliver it personally later that night. We decided to pick it up the next day so everyone in our neighborhood could see how it looked! One neighbor said he had never heard of Shockwave before. I just smiled and said "you will". We also got call and a thank you card from them. I remember how busy they were in August and thought it was nice that they took the time to ask how things went first time out and say thanks.

ed bullock
06-07-2002, 08:07 PM
could it be that eliminator is not making boats like they used to ? i have a daytona 21 foot 1985 this thing has held up perfect maybe they have more competition and are to big for thier briches. the up coming compitition may have a strong hold now. just a thought.

DEL51
06-07-2002, 09:24 PM
Spirit,I wrote directly to the factory and e-mailed them. I did not have a dealer anywhere close,Alaska, and asked for a input on a dealership if they wanted me to go that route.I realize people can miss one letter or one e-mail but not the number I sent.I would have dealt with the concerned dealer from Texas had I knew he existed but I received no responses.I love eliminator products but went a different path.

Boatjob
06-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Sorry to say this Spirit, but my bad expereinces came with dealing with the factory directly!!!!!!

TexasEliminator
06-08-2002, 06:39 AM
Spirit of Discovery,
Congratulations on your upcoming Super Cat Lite. I'm sure that you will enjoy it very much. By chance did you get your 36 with or without the centerpod? I would also like to welcome you to offshore racing. Are your plans to race POPRA or APBA? I have my ties with APBA would like a chance to see your boat in action personally. My dad happens to be Mike Tomlinson (chief referee of APBA Offshore LLC). So if you have any questions please let us know how we can help.
Thanks,
Geoff

Charley
06-09-2002, 06:14 PM
Dallas, I have a DCB and I didn't get a letter either , just a handshake and a thank you from the owner himself. Not to mention Darla at DCB had a hardback binder ready for me the day I picked my boat up that included the following
1. My original buildsheet/order form that both Dave and I signed when we did the original deal.
2. Manufacturers certificate of origin
3. copy of the Application for Arizona watercraft #
4. Copy of DCB's warranty
5. owners manuals for all the stereo components
6. a 12 point checklist including actual part numbers of things like throttle cables, steering cables even suggestions on oil and fluid types.... this checklist was personally signed by the lead rigger on my boat
7. 33 pages of info on my extreme engineering trailer
8. The build sheet for my Teague Motor
9. 1 boat safety sheet blah blah blah
The Binder's cover reads EXACTLY as follows :
2001 DCB mach 26 , Teague 509 custom built for Charley and Jennifer Guest
Boats serial#, Trailers serial #, motors serial # and the drives serial #
Congratulations on the purchase of your new Mach 26! We hope you will enjoy the use of your new boat as much as we enjoyed participating in the contruction. If we can be of any service Please call Dave Hemmingson & the crew of DCB
It's all just a typed letter on the front of the binder but I did get Dave to actually sign my lunch box a few weeks later!

Spirit of Discovery
06-10-2002, 10:03 AM
Thanks, Geoff.
No center pod. Bob ran into some homologation issues at Marathon and the decision was made to go with the bottom design that John Peterson has. We'll probably run POPRA exclusively unless the sponsor(s) (of which we have none, at this time) want us to run both series. I'm sure you well know, $ talks!! We're working on a couple of deals that will take us to the ProSeries. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you all. Can you believe all this bashing? I work in healthcate and we have a saying about patients (I work in Emergency Services), "If they can talk, they're probably lying!!" (I'll probably get assasinated for that.) But what I'm reading here does not fit the Eliminator that I know. It only fits someone who is trying to get more than they paid for. Working in your industry, I'm sure you see that all the time. "But I didn't hit ANYTHING!!" or " I was only at 1/4 throttle when the engine/drive just exploded", yada yada yada. Too bad people can't be honorable all the time..life would be so much easier. Have a great day. I'm sure you'll receive updates as The Spirit of Discovery comes together!!
Scott

Hermosa
06-10-2002, 10:25 AM
Spirit of Discovery...please shut your pie hole, when I read your ass-kissing posts I start to feel ill.

XTRM22
06-10-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Charley:
It's all just a typed letter on the front of the binder but I did get Dave to actually sign my lunch box a few weeks later!
Hey! is that some kinda smart rmark directed at me? LOL
I got some extra zip ties in case I wanted to put matching ones on my truck!
Chuck

Spirit of Discovery
06-10-2002, 12:08 PM
I knew that would be unpopular!! You can see who tries to get something they don't deserve. Keep in mind. I am only speaking from PERSONAL experience. I don't spread bad rumors about anyone. If I have been wronged, I'll certainly say so, too. See y'all at the races!! By the way, Hermosa, I have something for that nausea!! Dramamine works well for sea-sickness!!
[This message has been edited by Spirit of Discovery (edited June 10, 2002).]

Charley
06-11-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Spirit of Discovery:
Thanks, Geoff.
No center pod. Bob ran into some homologation issues at Marathon and the decision was made to go with the bottom design that John Peterson has. We'll probably run POPRA exclusively unless the sponsor(s) (of which we have none, at this time) want us to run both series. I'm sure you well know, $ talks!! We're working on a couple of deals that will take us to the ProSeries. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you all. Can you believe all this bashing? I work in healthcate and we have a saying about patients (I work in Emergency Services), "If they can talk, they're probably lying!!" (I'll probably get assasinated for that.) But what I'm reading here does not fit the Eliminator that I know. It only fits someone who is trying to get more than they paid for. Working in your industry, I'm sure you see that all the time. "But I didn't hit ANYTHING!!" or " I was only at 1/4 throttle when the engine/drive just exploded", yada yada yada. Too bad people can't be honorable all the time..life would be so much easier. Have a great day. I'm sure you'll receive updates as The Spirit of Discovery comes together!!
Scott
help me understand your post Spirit, are you saying Dallas isn't telling the whole truth?

TexasEliminator
06-11-2002, 09:51 AM
Scott,
thanks for you reply. I wish I had a suitcase full of cash to sponsor your boat to the pro-series. Since I don't I wish you the best of luck and get all the practice you can on the POPRA circuit. (You should get plenty going up against Bob) Sorry that you're taking a bit of a bashing from others on the forum but thanks for all your input. If there's anything that we can do to help, please let us know.
Thanks,
Geoff

kanedog
06-12-2002, 09:31 AM
We bought a new Elimnator this year.
We had the same experiences as Dallas.
We thought buying a boat worth as much as our house would be a fun, exciting thing. It turned out to be the worst.
One good point though, the boat looks awesome,fit and finish are beautiful,custom paint turned out to be a work of art.Those are the good things.
Bad things-No customer service-
No one knows what stage your boat is at-best to live at the factory while its being built.
Even if you spend a 100k+ they still don't know your name or what boat is yours.
If you can get a hold of Bob Leach he will take care of your problems,anybody else there,forget it.
I'm not expecting eliminator to take me out for lunch or give me prize because I bought one of there boats,I dont even expect a thank you call but I do expect some sort of human contact and someone to tell me about how things are progressing when I ask. After all,it took 10 years of hard work to make the money to buy the boat.It seems like you throw 100k at thier doorstep,yell "build me a boat please" and come back a few months later and pick it up, if they can find it in their yard.
We will not ever be buying an Eliminator again.AO,Cougar,awesome would be getting our phone call if we decide to do it again.
I don't like bashing manufacturers on forums and don't like to do it unless I have went through all possible avenues to get the problem solved.Don't bust my ass for bashing.It's not.What it is, is telling anyone who cares to read my post about our experiences while purchasing our boat.
[This message has been edited by kanedog (edited June 12, 2002).]

FIREMAN
06-12-2002, 11:26 AM
In my experience they will not give you the time of day unless your spending $250,000.00
or more they do not give two shits about your purchase. I went to meet an unknown salesdork at Smells-somore to test drive the 26 eagle and the 22 eagle XP. He sent out some dork that couldn't even put the damn thing back on the trailer. He had on some clothes from the salvation army and looked like a homeless guy from some where down by the rive, "No corelation to the river at parker" More like the Chris Farley part on SNL. Anyways I just left him at the ramp and drove to Si, at Commander. He was busy ordering me a pizza and some beer and stayed until 11pm until we picked out my colors and signed the check... Just my story...

OCStoker
06-12-2002, 11:52 AM
Fireman, how do you like the Commander? I am looking at the 2800 Cat. Any info on these boats?

spectras only
06-12-2002, 01:51 PM
kanedog,haven't seen you posting here for awhile.You should have checked out the 24 Kazulin I've posted in the media center.It's about the same price as the eliminator with the builder only 1/2 hour from where you live http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif.Let me know if you want to see it ,I'll take you to my friend to show it to you http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif BTW ,did you buy a cat from eliminator ?
[This message has been edited by spectras only (edited June 12, 2002).]

Reaper1
06-12-2002, 03:09 PM
I used to work out in Mira Loma right by the Eliminator plant. One day a buddy and I went into the showroom and we were sitting in a 25' Daytona. My buddy looked over at the salesman who hadn't acknowledged us yet, and said how much does one of these things go for. He looked up from his desk and said to us really arrogantly " Do you really want to know " like we couldn't even afford the steering wheel or something. We got up and left......F@#$ Him!
Grim

Messy Drawls
06-13-2002, 08:52 AM
I stick to aluminum fishing boats.

Charley
06-14-2002, 07:30 AM
Why don't one of you die hard eliminator fans call Bob Leach and express to him the importance of hiring a SERIOUS customer service manager.... 60k a year ought to do it..... Bob sounds like a man of his word and we know eliminator can make an awesome boat...why are they falling short. It seems to me Bob has already lost the sale of 1-4 boats based on the posts in this thread. By the way...what does Brett do?

Spirit of Discovery
06-14-2002, 09:41 AM
I'm not sad!! See the next post
[This message has been edited by Spirit of Discovery (edited June 14, 2002).]

Spirit of Discovery
06-14-2002, 09:43 AM
crashes boats!! Look at the Pacific Offshore website for pics of bob's boat after Brett got a little too close to Dad!!

MrHavasuCat
06-14-2002, 10:27 AM
When I was looking at different boats a few years ago I went to Eliminator and dealt with Brent (I thought it was Brent, Could be brett). He was real cool and showed us around the whole facility. I have also dealt with salesman there that reminded me of used car salesman. I would talk to either Brent or Bob.

Reaper1
06-14-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Charley:
Why don't one of you die hard eliminator fans call Bob Leach and express to him the importance of hiring a SERIOUS customer service manager.... 60k a year ought to do it..... Bob sounds like a man of his word and we know eliminator can make an awesome boat...why are they falling short. It seems to me Bob has already lost the sale of 1-4 boats based on the posts in this thread. By the way...what does Brett do?
I would be interested in that job http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Fat Chance
06-14-2002, 05:33 PM
Hallett. What can I say. They do weed out the "tire kickers" with the prices, but you get everything you pay for. I spent 50K on a used one, and I get treated like I just dumped 100+ on a new one. I will never buy anything else.
OK, I'm ready, let's hear it... "Well I a friend who bought a Hallett and they wouldn't even..."LOL
Scott

OOfatso
06-15-2002, 03:04 PM
There has been 1 thing that I have noticed since I've been boating (approx 20 yrs)I dont care who it is or who they are ( Boat Company's)there will always be someone who is unhappy with whoever you bought your boat from. I would like to say that I am extremly happy with my builder and I have had 5 star service from them and I always put them on the top of the list when my friend's go looking for a boat. But as luck may have it, I pulled into a parking lot one day and I thought someone was gonna run me over while I was walking up to the store, little did I know that the person driving this truck was going to proceed to chew my Butt ,out because of my Boat Manufacturer's, sticker in my window... after being followed for the complete walk up to the store, the person then kept on going for another 10 minutes.....Finaly I made the comment to them ( I can See Why They Dont Help Ya.. Your Psycho!!!)I am a firm believer in treat someone the way you want to be treated..And then after that, if you get no results then get pissed!!! Just kidding! We all have some kind of memory of getting ripped off somewhere and there will always be places around that will do there best to rip anyone off... Those are the places that in my opinon need to get slammed... and then learn from your mistake, and dont go back.... But just like in life we all are human and make mistakes... Just not the guy's who built and and take care of my boat.
See ya at the riv,
OOfatso

Charley
06-16-2002, 03:48 PM
oofatso, I see your point and there is some reality to what you say, but I looked at Eliminator, Carerra, HTM, Howard, Warlock, DCB and Commander and one thing that remained the same during my search was ME and my enthusiasm and desire to spend $60k - $100k on a 22'-28' Cat.... maybe because I dont have any polo collars on my T-shirts I don't look like the big hitter, but I think between Carerra and Eliminator they spent 10 minutes combined on my questions ..... I owned an eliminator and still love that boat... in fact when I did start looking around they had the huge advantage of me wanting to stick with an Eliminator but when I walked into thier showroom last time around they lost me... the sales guy blew it..... just being honest
[This message has been edited by Charley (edited June 16, 2002).]

fasbote
06-18-2002, 09:21 AM
Add me to the list of dissatisfied customers who purchased a new Daytona direct from the factory but will NEVER give Bob Leach another dime of my money. I try to never miss an opportunity to tell my story when talking to prospective Eliminator customers. Boat was delivered to Havasu, we put it in the water and the shifting cable was so bound up it wouldn't go into gear. Called the factory and they said if I would tow it back to the factory they would look at it. After much arguing on the phone they finally agreed to let Alco Marine fix the cable. After vacation while towing the boat home to Missouri the nosecone on the lower unit, which I paid several hundred dollars for, cracked and was dangling from the lower unit. I immediately called the factory from Abq. New Mexico and they told me to contact the supplier that they had do the nosecone and see if he would stand behind it. I exlpained to them that I bought the boat from them and it was their responsibility to deal with their suppliers not mine. When
I got home I wrote Bob Leach a three page letter, nerver got a response from him or anyone else. We are looking to trade boats this fall but we won't be going to Mira Loma!

fasbote
06-18-2002, 09:50 AM
You can add my name to the list of boat buyers who won't be purchasing an Eliminator!We purchased our Daytona direct from the factory. Our boat was delivered to Havasu. The first time we put the boat in the water the shift cable was bound up so hard it wouldn't go into gear. We called the factory and we were told that if we would tow our boat back to the factory they would look at it. After much haggeling over the phone they finally agreed to let Alco Marine look at it. Alco rerouted the cable and we were able to use the boat. After vaction was over while towing the boat home to Missouri the nosecone on the lower unit broke off and was dangling from the lower unit. It hadn't been hit by anything it just cracked off. I called the factory and they told me to contact the supplier who installs nosecones for them and see if he might repair it. I told them I bought the boat from them and that it is not my responsibility to deal with their suppliers. Bottom line they didn't do anything about it. I wrote Bob Leach a three page letter when I got home but never got a reply from anyone! There were also problems with the paper work, they wanted to finance the sales tax in with the loan and I wanted to pay cash for the sales tax. This was upsetting to them because they had to retype the paperwork. When I went to register the boat I discovered I had not been issued a certificate of origin. We are going to be boat shopping this fall but we won't be going to Mira Loma! Oh, and don't even get me started about the cheap trailer they put under it! I've spent hundreds trying to make the trailer decent! What a learning experience!

fasbote
06-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Sorry for the double postt. I didn't think it went the first time! Geez that was lot of typing for my two index fingers!

spectras only
06-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Fasbote,you right about the trailer issue.I see some builders put some mighty sized boats on puny trailers.Custom trailers are the only way to go.My 72 24 spectra [ca 4400 pounds] sits on a Vance tandem trailer[1700 pounds] that looks more stout than some new trailers with big offshore boats on them.Just my 0.02 http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

OOfatso
06-18-2002, 04:14 PM
OK, OK, OK,... I will at least admit one thing.... I dont own a Eliminator..and I kind of had the same experiance when I went into their showroom... had about 15K to drop and I ended up dropping it somewhere else!
OOfatso

hardcoretooling
06-21-2002, 12:35 PM
The people there need to come down to earth. There customer service sucks!I feel that they have no time for you unless you spend 100k. Not everyone can do that you have to start somewhere right? Well I have sold my 210xp (that they have been using in there ads and catalog)and I can spend 100k on a boat now but I'll be damned if they get my money. Customer service needs to be #1 not the sale of the boat. Treat everyone the same Bob!Or are you an ass to everyone? If thats the case how are you still around?

OOfatso
07-01-2002, 10:36 AM
You got me there Hardcoretooling! I dont know how they stay in business if they have pissed off the many people. I know that in my line of work that if you piss a customer off...well lets just say that I do a lot of customer service for my customers, need to keep them happy and looking good so that they come back! (And even bring friends!)

hydro
07-02-2002, 10:01 AM
I bought a 22 DCB and the customer service was over the top. You get all the stuff Charlie said and more. I just bought a Skater 32 and the paper work does not compare to DCB. The people at Skater were easy to work with but, the three ring binder loaded with paper is missing.