PDA

View Full Version : jet boaters rule III

MellowYelloW
05-24-2001, 04:04 PM
Here we go again...sorry that other one was getting long. lets see if we can get this one there!
brian
love the jet boats!!

Joker
05-24-2001, 04:23 PM
Just curious about the type of water you guys boat in down there? Shallow rivers, lakes, rocky, sandy??? Never been but sounds like a hoot......keep the painted side up...
Oh yeah hey HBJET I cannot get your E-mail link to work so I can send pic???
[This message has been edited by Joker (edited May 24, 2001).]

Bubbledeck
05-24-2001, 06:29 PM
hey i was just wondering ..
does anybody venture farther north of parker, like topoc to laughlin? i have been there a couple of times a year for the last 6 or 7.
harrah's in laughlin used to be a good place to stay, but they've made many changes for the worse and are basically boater unfriendly now.
i stayed at Avi a couple of times and may go back this year. the water south is good and week nights are only $20 for a room.
also if you've never made the trip to the topoc gorge you're missing out .. it's beautiful. funny thing, i've never been to parker .. yet!
maybe some lake/river reviews would be good here, what do ya think?

HBjet
05-24-2001, 09:02 PM
Reply from "Jet Boaters Rule II"
MellowYellow, It is cool to know there are other younger boaters out there. I'm 25 and I bought my boat at 23. I love the river and I have been going since I as 11. I grew up going to Lost Lakes (south of Blue Water) Thats where they had the Saturday Night River Races. Any of you have been there to see them, or race in them?
Erik, with my RoadRunner cable service, I was given some free space. I use Adobe PageMill 3.0 for the web layout, then just upload everything to my site. I taught myself and it's easier then you think. If you want me to explain to you in detail, email me.
Joker, I checked my email link, and it works for me. Either try again you just copy and paste this
randyjoyce@socal.rr.com
Bubbledeck, I've only been going to Parker for 2 years now and I love it. For my boat though, I feel it is still to choppy. I'm used to Lost Lakes where it is flat almost everywhere, and there isn't any sheriffs running around. The upsides at Parker are a lot more girls, there are bars on the water (wet t-shirt contest), all of the sand/rock bars are marked off and you can always find a party. I like going friday and staying until monday, then I have to best of both worlds. Party on friday, sat, & sun, and on monday the water is glassy and no one is really around so I can get on it hard and not worry about a seadoo cutting infront of me. Anyone else stay until monday at Parker?
Oh, another thing about the river below Blue Water, you will never find a boat over 22 feet, and Jets rule the river down there. We used to send our eggbeater friends infront when driving in unfamiler water and let them find all of the sand bars. lol.
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited May 24, 2001).]

INFINITEJJ
05-25-2001, 04:46 PM
Bubbledeck, we also go to Avi a couple times a year, as well as Park Moabi to camp it's pretty killer with your own private beach, and it's right there by the gorge. I love it on that stretch of the river, you just got to watch the sand/rock bars. Going to Avi on the 22-25 of june, it's my birthday! we usualy put in on lake Mojave one of those days. See ya around, JON

Bubbledeck
05-25-2001, 05:55 PM
INFINITEJJ .. I have launched at Park Moabi myself. I don't camp though as my idea of roughing it is staying at Avi with no room service heh. Check out the Topoc Marina, very casual and friendly bar and the food there is pretty good and very reasonable.
Lake Mohave can be fun if it doesn't get blown out. If you put in at Katherine's landing, head north and go past the high power electric wires on the west shore, there is a really awesome cove with a back bay not visible from the main lake. To access it enter at either the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd cove entrance (sorry I can't remember exactly wich one) past the wires.
I'll be at Avi Sept 22 thru the 28th. I'll have my Bubbledeck there and one of my friends is bringing his freshly blown flat bottom. It should be fun!
Happy Birthday Jon!

Slick
05-29-2001, 07:26 AM
Is anyone going to the river this weekend? Wife has to stay with her mother this weekend (handicapped). She thinks I need to get away. No wife, no kid, but then again, no boat. Still won't be done until late July at best. Haven't decided for sure whether I'm going to go up or not. So I guess I'm offering beers for a boat ride to the bikini contest. Any takers?
Slick

Joker
05-29-2001, 08:02 AM
You are welcome to jump in with me slick we are going up the clearwater this weekend....but the commute would be deadly. Probably a couple thousand miles one way.

MellowYelloW
05-29-2001, 04:26 PM
I went through topoc this past weekend! it was such a nice ride we went from havasu all the way up to needles marina also stoping in topoc marina. very very nice...waters a little cold though!

Bubbledeck
05-29-2001, 05:09 PM
MellowYellow if you think the water is cold in Topoc you'd better stay away from the base of Davis dam .. the water there will freeze the balls off of a pool table heh.
The water around Needles may seem a bit chilly now, but when the temperature gets up to about 110-115 it feels mighty refreshing :-)
Ya know, I've never been to the Needles marina, I'll have to check that one out .. do they have a bar? ;-)