PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV ???

Waldo
04-08-2006, 12:21 PM
I have a standard 4 room system. I took one of the room receivers and another satellite and set it up at the river house. None of my phone lines are hooked up to the receivers. We'll be at the rive next weekend and I want to order UFC 59. I was assuming it would show up on all TVs. I called Direct TV and the dude told me I needed phone lines for EVERY TV in order to view on all receivers...I dissagree but have never ordered movies/events to know. Anyone have the answer???

Parker Dreamin
04-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I dont have any of my boxes hooked up to the phone lines and have never had an issue.....

Waldo
04-08-2006, 12:35 PM
I dont have any of my boxes hooked up to the phone lines and have never had an issue.....
You've ordered movies/events???

77charger
04-08-2006, 01:28 PM
if worst comes to worst get the card and receiver call direct tv tell them you want to order the event for this receiver and tv only.Dont tell them you are taking it with you either.
I havent done any ordering on mine but i am sure this will clear things with them

RitcheyRch
04-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Same here. I have ordered movies and special events but do that on-line.

Blacksheep
04-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Like others I have never had phone lines hooked up. They only come into play when you try and order a movie or event through the receiver. You can just as easy order online as mentioned above. No phone lines required
Enjoy!

LLGirl
04-08-2006, 02:57 PM
we do it all the time. Just order the event. It will be on all receivers. Including the one at the river. At least that's what someone told me :rollside:

Parker Dreamin
04-08-2006, 03:29 PM
If you order from the receiver it will only be on that receiver... If you order online or through the phone it goes to all the receivers... I think there is a dicktax for doing it that way of couple bucks....but big deal.

Tequila-John
04-08-2006, 03:37 PM
If you order from the receiver it will only be on that receiver... If you order online or through the phone it goes to all the receivers... I think there is a dicktax for doing it that way of couple bucks....but big deal.
HI BUD!!!!

LLGirl
04-08-2006, 03:42 PM
no extra charge for ordering online. It goes out to all receivers.........so I've been told :)

Napanutt
04-08-2006, 08:36 PM
dish charges you 5 bucks per receiver sur charge for not being connected...