PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to do a football pool?

spute
08-10-2004, 08:25 AM
I host a football pool each season for $52... it is a running total pool= you pick a winner for each game and put points on them. for instance, if there are 16 games in a week, you will put points from 16 down to 1. 16 points goes on the winner you are most confident about on down to the 1 point game who you have no clue who will win. there is a weekly winner payout and payouts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place at the end of regular season. last season, the winner got over $800!!
i know it is a little confusing if you haven't done this before, but it makes sense once you see the sheet.
if you are interested or have questions, send me an email at rturner@pacwestmicro.com and let me know who you are and that you are from the forum!

JetBoatRich
08-10-2004, 10:20 AM
I did the same pool for a couple years, pretty fun. :D
To bad you are so far down south, I would be in.

Sleek-Jet
08-10-2004, 10:44 AM
I played the same type back in Colorado. $5 a week. Winner usually got 300-400 a week.
Playoff pool (10.00 a sheet for the entire playoffs/super bowl) winner usually took home around 1500.00. :D
Lotsa fun, to bad I'm in AZ now.

throwerb
08-10-2004, 11:55 AM
I live in LOS ANGELES what is this football you all keep talking about? :D

spute
08-10-2004, 03:10 PM
I did the same pool for a couple years, pretty fun. :D
To bad you are so far down south, I would be in.
JBR- i have a buddy of mine who lives in Norway playing. Distance is irrelevant!!!! all you need is email to send and recieve picks and snail mail to send and recieve the dough!!

Waldo
08-10-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm totally in this one.
I did his pool last season and it is a fun one. There are a lot of players and Rick pays out quickly! ;)

Mrs Luvnlife
08-10-2004, 04:31 PM
I am seriously considering this....I love football pools and have missed playing since I don't work anymore! And it's nice to hear that you pay out quickly..... :D ;)

spute
08-10-2004, 04:46 PM
I am seriously considering this....I love football pools and have missed playing since I don't work anymore! And it's nice to hear that you pay out quickly..... :D ;)
It's great! and like i said, i have people as far away as Connecticut, Norway, and Florida playing. :)

FunOnTheWater
08-10-2004, 05:41 PM
JBR- i have a buddy of mine who lives in Norway playing. Distance is irrelevant!!!! all you need is email to send and recieve picks and snail mail to send and recieve the dough!!
how about me, I want to give to charity :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
08-10-2004, 07:33 PM
lets talk, sounds like fun :) I know the rules, and can loose like the best of them :mad:

PlyaPlya22
08-10-2004, 08:10 PM
I may have to jump in on this myself

ROZ
08-10-2004, 10:46 PM
I live in LOS ANGELES what is this football you all keep talking about? :D I live in San Diego and wondering the same thing! After 4 generations(Since 1969) of Roz's sitting in loge 24, rows7 and 8, seats 1-4 in each row, I finally threw in the towel. I can't take the bullpuckey any more...
I told them to call me back next year if our seats happen to become available again, the team is better, and they stop f'n with the ciy.
:burningm:
Bummer too. My daughter(5) saw the new local high school kids going throught hell week, and she's asking about going to Charger games. I should have her calll Spanos..

spute
08-11-2004, 06:41 AM
I may have to jump in on this myself
come on! do it! everyone is doing it! all the COOL people are doing it! :D

spute
08-11-2004, 10:58 AM
shameless bump