PDA

View Full Version : Question about Hummers.. (car)

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Does anyone have one.. we are looking at them but we have heard they are not very powerful and the gas sucks.. anyone know how true this is.. good and bad comments would be appriciated..
we as most of you know.. have a larger boat and need to make sure it would be capable of towing and launching.. thanks in advance.. :D

AquaBoogie
08-10-2004, 08:40 AM
H1 or H2? ......

RiverOtter
08-10-2004, 08:42 AM
Same engine as a Denali and 10 MPG non towing. Go with a Burb. Lots more room and better gas milage. Unless you just want the cool factor. The Hummer's got the cool factor.

Phat Matt
08-10-2004, 08:42 AM
I was going to buy one last year and took one for a test drive. But after talking with my friend who had one who was telling me about the 9 miles per gallon he was getting I bought a fully loaded Excursion with a diesel engine for less. More room, more pulling power and I couldn't be happier. I think they still look cool though. Maybe if they put a diesel in it it would be better.

Mandelon
08-10-2004, 08:45 AM
I dunno, I think the Hummer has a "look at me" factor. But once you know it isn't all that powerful, capable or comfortable it loses its draw.
I'd rather see the crew cab D/max in my driveway.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:45 AM
I like it because of the look.. but if it can't do the job I'll pass.. I heard 4 miles to the gal.. is that an exaturation.. :idea:

AquaBoogie
08-10-2004, 08:46 AM
H1 may not fit down your narrow Culver City streets. :boxed:

Jordy
08-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Does anyone have one.. we are looking at them but we have heard they are not very powerful and the gas sucks.. anyone know how true this is.. good and bad comments would be appriciated..
we as most of you know.. have a larger boat and need to make sure it would be capable of towing and launching.. thanks in advance.. :D
If you're talking about the original Hummer (like big bad ass truck hummer) they're fun, but not very practical. Most had a 6.5 Chevy turbo diesel, not the strongest thing out there, but the newer ones were pretty reliable (I put 240K on one with minor repairs). The setup and seating leave something to be desired as half the engine compartment is between the driver and the passenger, and it's wide, like take up the whole lane kind of wide, the cab has kind of a resonation to it, but it would have no problems getting your boat out of the water and I've seen them towing some big boats down the road. You just might not be the first one to get there. I think the mpg with the 6.5 was around 10 empty. I know with the older ones with the 6.2 the mpg was like 5 or 6 and it took over 30 seconds to get to 60 mph.
The H2 for all intents and purposes is a super Tahoe. I know a couple people with them and they suck the gas, not to mention, the visibility is kind of sub standard with the thin little windows, and the storage space is a little confined. I don't know how far I'd want to pull a 29' boat with one as they, in my opinion, have a shorter wheel base and lighter suspension than I'd be comfortable with.
From what I've seen, for the same money I'd buy the Escalade (but I don't know that I'd tow a 29' boat with that either, but that's just me and my $.02.
:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:47 AM
we as of now have a 2002 GMC 2 wheel drive with the allisons trany .. it does well and I love the truck.. but it just doesn't seem to be enough to pull the boat out of the water.. sometimes it slips and I have to put the break on to prevent slippage..
I think we need a 4 wheel drive or something. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:49 AM
H1 may not fit down your narrow Culver City streets. :boxed:
that is true.. I had to pull to the side to let one go by.. and that is one thing I hate.. about it.. it is pretty wide.. like me arse.. LOL!!
caution wide load.. :D

welk2party
08-10-2004, 08:50 AM
I am looking at new tow vehicles too. The Hummer has never been on my list. Too small IMO. I would stick with the truck or go to a Burb with the 8.1 engine. :idea:

ADDICTED
08-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Hay you got to pay the price to be a Pimp! My buddy has one that has 10,000 in motor work and will smoke the front 37" tires form a start and beat vettes with rookie drivers.
Stock I would buy one to tow my 29" 6.0L is a pig! I heard the suburban will have a diesel next year. But you also hear this every year

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:51 AM
If you're talking about the original Hummer (like big bad ass truck hummer) they're fun, but not very practical. Most had a 6.5 Chevy turbo diesel, not the strongest thing out there, but the newer ones were pretty reliable (I put 240K on one with minor repairs). The setup and seating leave something to be desired as half the engine compartment is between the driver and the passenger, and it's wide, like take up the whole lane kind of wide, the cab has kind of a resonation to it, but it would have no problems getting your boat out of the water and I've seen them towing some big boats down the road. You just might not be the first one to get there. I think the mpg with the 6.5 was around 10 empty. I know with the older ones with the 6.2 the mpg was like 5 or 6 and it took over 30 seconds to get to 60 mph.
The H2 for all intents and purposes is a super Tahoe. I know a couple people with them and they suck the gas, not to mention, the visibility is kind of sub standard with the thin little windows, and the storage space is a little confined. I don't know how far I'd want to pull a 29' boat with one as they, in my opinion, have a shorter wheel base and lighter suspension than I'd be comfortable with.
From what I've seen, for the same money I'd buy the Escalade (but I don't know that I'd tow a 29' boat with that either, but that's just me and my $.02.
:D
Thank you Jordy.. it is very helpful.. I have had the denali similiar to the escalde and I didn't like it too much.. it is not long enough for me.. I don't like my car to be too small compared to the boat.. it to me is just not safe while towing.. :)

572Daytona
08-10-2004, 08:52 AM
They are even less capable for towing than a Tahoe. According to Hummer's website the maximum towed load is 6700lbs, a 4x4 Tahoe is capable of 7800 with the taller axle and larger engine

AquaBoogie
08-10-2004, 08:53 AM
we as of now have a 2002 GMC 2 wheel drive with the allisons trany .. it does well and I love the truck.. but it just doesn't seem to be enough to pull the boat out of the water.. sometimes it slips and I have to put the break on to prevent slippage..
I think we need a 4 wheel drive or something. ;)
You definately need a flossy 4WD pulling that flossy vessel! But how far are you pulling it? Don't you storage it in Havasu?

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:53 AM
You need more weight over the rear axle.
should I sit in the back of the truck.. :jawdrop: J/K
that's what I was thinking too.. maybe the esscursion :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:54 AM
You definately need a flossy 4WD pulling that flossy vessel! But how far are you pulling it? Don't you storage it in Havasu?
yes we store it in Havasu and it is just being towed up mcculloch to the house.. but the problem is the pulling it out of the water.. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:55 AM
They are even less capable for towing than a Tahoe. According to Hummer's website the maximum towed load is 6700lbs, a 4x4 Tahoe is capable of 7800 with the taller axle and larger engine
wow.. if I remember correctly.. our boat is 7000.. or am I wrong.. :confused:

cdog
08-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Just wait another couple of months. Gm is supposed to release the plans to build the h2 with the duramax and the suburban with the duramax. I had a HD truck with the 496 and allison and it had more than enough power. I now have a 2003 suburban 3/4 ton with the 496 and it tow's fine but not as good without the allison. On the highway with the sub and 496 you could expect about 12.5 mpg and good power.

Mandelon
08-10-2004, 08:57 AM
A hummer 1 can definitely launch a boat....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/24SDThunderboats_015-med.jpg

Jordy
I have had the denali similiar to the escalde and I didn't like it too much..
You know, they have the Escalade EXT now which is essentially a Suburban. Give you a little more length. If it was me, I'd stick with a truck like you have, go with the 4x4 and a Duramax. Then again, I have 2 of them so I'm kind of partial.
it is not long enough for me.. :)
I always thought it was the girth that mattered. ;)

Keithb87
Look at the new FORD 3/4 ton crew cab full bed 4x4 with the Super Duty disel engine.... Nice Truck, plenty of power...... :D

AquaBoogie
08-10-2004, 09:01 AM
A hummer 1 can definitely launch a boat....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/24SDThunderboats_015-med.jpg
Looks to me like the boat is launching the hummer. :confused:

OGShocker
08-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Look at the new FORD 3/4 ton crew cab full bed 4x4 with the Super Duty disel engine.... Nice Truck, plenty of power...... :D
I can't believe you would use the "F" word in this thread. :D

don johnson
08-10-2004, 09:05 AM
All,
I just ordered an 05 Suburban 8.1L 4 x 4 and can tell you first handed that GM has no plans to offer the diesel in the burb. I spoke directly with the engineering team at GM Corporate as I heard the same rumors and they confirmed that there is no plans.
I also have a very close personal friend that is a Chevy dealer service manager and he also confirmed that there is no plans at this point to add the diesel option....
Too bad, I think it would be a smoking vehicle!

Keithb87
08-10-2004, 09:05 AM
I can't believe you would use the "F" word in this thread. :D
I like FORD
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

AquaBoogie
08-10-2004, 09:12 AM
I found your tow vehicles. Take your pick.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4808&stc=1 http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4809&stc=1

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 09:14 AM
wow such great info from all of you.. I really love GMC and Chevy because I was brought up as a chevy daughter.. but I think we may need to find something more practicle.. even if it is a f f f f f f f ord.. :jawdrop: there I said it.. :p :p

cdog
08-10-2004, 09:17 AM
All,
I just ordered an 05 Suburban 8.1L 4 x 4 and can tell you first handed that GM has no plans to offer the diesel in the burb. I spoke directly with the engineering team at GM Corporate as I heard the same rumors and they confirmed that there is no plans.
I also have a very close personal friend that is a Chevy dealer service manager and he also confirmed that there is no plans at this point to add the diesel option....
I was told they would offer it in the 06 subs. They are supposed to change the body styles. I think they are really screwing the pooch by not offering the duramax in the sub, or at least the allison behind the 496.

AquaBoogie
08-10-2004, 09:19 AM
wow such great info from all of you.. I really love GMC and Chevy because I was brought up as a chevy daughter.. but I think we may need to find something more practicle.. even if it is a f f f f f f f ord.. :jawdrop: there I said it.. :p :p
What is this world coming to?

Jordy
08-10-2004, 09:20 AM
All,
Actually, that's kind of incorrect. They have been looking at it but a couple things come into play. First off, the Allison is too big to fit in the tranny tunnel in a Suburban in stock form. That is why the HD's all have a body lift on them, to accomidate the tranny. The second reason is strictly one of supply. At this point they're making Duramaxes and Allisons as fast as they can to keep up with the production for the current Chevy and GMC trucks and it's been an uphill battle. If they were to add a couple more lines at this point, the backlog of orders would kill them and probably piss off more people than it would to just not offer it yet. Not to mention, in the larger tranny applications, like bigger than the Allison 1000 that is in the GM's and Chevy's, they are already starting to backorder trannys with an expected delivery date around December.

Dr. Eagle
08-10-2004, 09:21 AM
All,
I just ordered an 05 Suburban 8.1L 4 x 4 and can tell you first handed that GM has no plans to offer the diesel in the burb.
I have an 01 with the 8.1 4 x 4 and I love it. The H2 comes with the 6.0 maximum is on a Suburban chasis and it doesn't have anywhere near the towing capacity of the suburban 3/4 ton..(besides being an ugly box)...

1978 Rogers
08-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Someone posted a picture on ***boats last year of an H2 that had a head on collision with a 3/4 ton dodge pickup. The picture showed minor damage to the dodge but the front of the H2 was pushed back into the passanger compartment. A caption under the picture said something like "the H2 looks tough, but still built like a Chevy". It must have been posted by a Ford lover.
If you only care about looks, get one. If your concerned about safety, get something else.

Dr. Eagle
08-10-2004, 09:25 AM
. If your concerned about safety, get something else.
And Capability...

welk2party
08-10-2004, 09:26 AM
I found your tow vehicles. Take your pick.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4808&stc=1 http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4809&stc=1
OK, the pic of that Burb is sweet. I want one. What year is that and when can I get one.

572Daytona
08-10-2004, 09:26 AM
You have a DCB F-29, right? According to NADA guides, the net weight is 6500lbs, but that is dry weight. By the time you add gas/gear/ice chests/etc 7000lbs is more realistic. You don't want to be that close to the tow rating either, I would definitely go with the burb/excursion or HD truck.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 09:27 AM
I want it all.. I want look of a chevy, safety of a volvo and the towing capasity of a tow truck.. :D :D

Ziggy
08-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Just get the PSD Ford Charmi and be done with having to think about any towing issues-- :)
Ta-Da :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
You have a DCB F-29, right? According to NADA guides, the net weight is 6500lbs, but that is dry weight. By the time you add gas/gear/ice chests/etc 7000lbs is more realistic. You don't want to be that close to the tow rating either, I would definitely go with the burb/excursion or HD truck.
thank you.. I think I will look into that.. :) I would like to stay way under the weight if at all possible.. for safety reasons.. ;)

Dr. Eagle
I want it all.. I want look of a chevy, safety of a volvo and the towing capasity of a tow truck.. :D :D
then I think you want a K2500 Suburban 4 x 4 with the 8.1L.... :cool:

Bre
08-10-2004, 09:30 AM
I knwo you don't want a ford..but our Excursion has been great. Make sure you get diesel.

welk2party
08-10-2004, 09:31 AM
thank you.. I think I will look into that.. :) I would like to stay way under the weight if at all possible.. for safety reasons.. ;)
Remember that the weight is for the boat. The trailer is not included. My extreme weighs a whopping 2800 lbs! My boat weighs 4800 dry. Add the misc. stuff.

572Daytona
08-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Remember that the weight is for the boat. The trailer is not included. My extreme weighs a whopping 2800 lbs! My boat weighs 4800 dry. Add the misc. stuff.
Good point about the trailer, but I think the 6500 in nada guides included the trailer weight but it's a bit confusing. Probably wouldn't hurt to contact DCB to find out for sure:
Length: 29'
Model Name/Description: MACH F-29
Boat Type: Stern Drive Power Boat
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Beam: 9'
Engine: 2
800 HP
Gasoline
Net Weight: 6,500
THESE ARE CUSTOM MADE-TO-ORDER BOATS. SOME VALUES MAY NEED TO BE ADJUSTED FOR EXCESSIVELY EQUIPPED BOATS. ALL OUTBOARD BOAT VALUES INCLUDE THE MOTOR(S). ALL VALUES INCLUDE THE TRAILER. (*)DOES NOT INCLUDE THE VALUE OF THE TRAILER.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 09:51 AM
according to the book I have it reads..
ave. boat w/ twin drives is 7500lbs
then the trailor is triple axle at 1800 lbs. :jawdrop:

PHX ATC
08-10-2004, 09:55 AM
I have been led to believe, I may have been led astray, the H2 is nothing but a stretched Tahoe/Yukon frame with the body of a baby Hummer on top of it. So, pretty much, you're buying image and nothing else. The 6.0 is a decent enough engine in a Tahoe/Yukon, but you add the extra weight of the bling factor body, unsprung weight of the bigger tires, etc, you're losing ground. It will have worse gas mileage, have poorer stopping power, and cost more $$$ than a similarly equipped truck or SUV.
My wife had some friends in her horse owner's group that had a couple and they hated them when they would tow their horses. They liked them for cavorting around town (except fot the mileage) but when it came to towing the horse trailers (ranging from a 2 horse straight load to a 3 horse slant with living quarters) they hated them.
I agree with most folk, maybe a simple upgrade to 4WD might be in order. Stick with the crew cab truck, 4WD, and you've got better gas mileage, the same interior room, and a giant sized trunk that will outdo the H2 any day of the week.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 09:57 AM
cool thank you very much.. so what I am hearing is correct.. it basically is not what I need.. so I think it is a 4x4 extra cab diesal. I have to do some shopping.. :p

Keithb87
08-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Mrs Vee...
We went to the local FORD Dealer last weekend and Rented a 2004 F-250 Fx4 Off Road Crew Cab Full sized Truck. $55.00 / day.
Take GMC/Chevy up on their 24 hour test drive, or Rent one of the vehicles that you are considering.. and pull your new MONSTER to the lake... Put her in and take her out a few times... see what you think... :D ;) :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 10:00 AM
I knwo you don't want a ford..but our Excursion has been great. Make sure you get diesel.
I don't really care for ford but I think what you have is what we may get.. I'll deal with it.. I liked the ride in it.. and there is alot of room for the kids and all the junk I have to take.. :D

BarryMac
08-10-2004, 10:12 AM
I have an 01 2500hd p/up with the 8.1L, 2Wd and A/T, towing cap is 15K, I haven't had a problem yanking my boat out of the water, but my boat doesn't weigh as much as hairless...
gjb

Jordy
08-10-2004, 10:15 AM
I don't really care for ford but I think what you have is what we may get.. I'll deal with it.. I liked the ride in it.. and there is alot of room for the kids and all the junk I have to take.. :D
Just go with the crew cab long bed and then put a cap on top of the bed, like a toneau cover. That's what Party Cat has, and it worked out great for more than a weeks worth of vacation with the whole family.
And for the weight you're going to be pulling, I wouldn't want anything other than an Allison. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Just go with the crew cab long bed and then put a cap on top of the bed, like a toneau cover. That's what Party Cat has, and it worked out great for more than a weeks worth of vacation with the whole family.
And for the weight you're going to be pulling, I wouldn't want anything other than an Allison. ;)
I agree.. I love the allison trany.. and I love my truck.. but I just think it's too light.. I'll look into the length and all that.. :p :p

Jordy
08-10-2004, 10:18 AM
I agree.. I love the allison trany.. and I love my truck.. but I just think it's too light.. I'll look into the length and all that.. :p :p
Next time I'm in Havasu we can go pull your boat around with my truck, while you check out my legs of course. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Next time I'm in Havasu we can go pull your boat around with my truck, while you check out my legs of course. :D
thats a deal.. But I get to drive,.. :D :D

Jordy
08-10-2004, 10:19 AM
thats a deal.. But I get to drive,.. :D :D
How are you going to drive my truck, watch movies and check out my legs all at the same time? :idea:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 10:20 AM
How are you going to drive my truck, watch movies and check out my legs all at the same time? :idea:
I can do all that and chew gum.. with a drink in my hand.. :p :D

Jordy
08-10-2004, 10:21 AM
I can do all that and chew gum.. with a drink in my hand.. :p :D
OK Dave. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 10:21 AM
OK Dave. :D
he's a good teacher.. LOL!! :p

XTRM22
08-10-2004, 11:08 AM
That sounds about right, WHen I towed Charley's 29 back to Tucson, it was the first time I had towed anything that my V-10 even noticed. Tahoe Tunnel Vision has been towing his 36' Spectre behind a 3/4 ton Burb with a 496 with no problems. Having that front axle pulling makes a huge difference on the ramp.
Chuck

Chris Winn
08-10-2004, 02:57 PM
we had a an H2 for about a year 1.5 years (it was my wifes), she loved to drive it. we had that thing completly done well (weld rims, 35"MTs, Gibson headers and exgaust, tv's w/DVD players, HID headlights, PIAA off road lights) my wife just loved it!
the bad part is that there are very few service dealers whom can work on them, they are a part of GM tyrue, but the work has to be done through Hummer certified dealer (they pay fee's for that right). if you live in an area that has no service close to you (75+ miles), than they can allow certain GM dealers (the closest cousin is the Caddilac) to work on them, i had that luxuery for a while untill AM general (manufacturer of the hummer in Indiana, but is now owned by GM) stoped paying all of their servie bills to the dealers (they were citing that the dealers were billing for higher than the work orders state the time required. DUH- the dealers were not trained for the differences that they encountered.
i had my AC go out last august ( the compressor was starting to seize), i pushed the onstart button to contac the roadside service to come and help me, i was advised that the nearest service was in last vegas or phoneix and that help could not come untill monday afternoon at the earliest (they could not gaurantee). i had to tow my boat back to the storage unit and drive home with the compressor off and the windows down (did i mention that it was 120+on the road, and that i was in a black hummer). upon taking the car into the dealer it required 2 weeks for the repair to be completed to to a shortage of parts (at least the loaner just a suburban)
the last straw for us was that teh dealer put 160 miles on our car while it was there for 2 weeks (we dropped it off with a full tank, and got it back with 1/4 left, they really had to drive it hard to get that kind of mileage). since they could not explain the mileage that put on it (they agreed with us since the milage was noted on the incoming reciept) that we woudl recieve a free detailing. in the process of detaing the hummer (it was black) the detailer got something abraisive in the buffer and scratched the car 3/4 of the way around (all the way to the primer), after i recovered from the haeart attck when i noticed it (upon picking it up) they took it back for another 2 weeks to fix it. when i recived the call to pick it up, they had burned the clear coat so bad the paint was now dull, they had buffed so much they burned the chrome off the plastic trim pieces. i was so angry that i asked that they replace the car, they told me to pound sand.
this was not intended as a rant, my wife still misses the car, but it came down to the fact that the dealers cannot stand behind the vehicles and that if you own one i hope that you are near a certified service center. it did tow our 29ft Magic really well (not as well as a diesel) but it was more than capable. it was a great off road vehicle, i have had the pleasure of driving both the H2 and the H1 offroad and on, i can say that the H2 is one of the nicest riding vehilcles out there (just ask attention to deatail, they drove both my G500 and the H2 back to back) and that it is 90 as capable as the H1 offroad (as far as i am willing to take either one).
we sold the H2 (got damn near what we paid for it) and bought a Mercedes G500 (my wifes choice), but it is rated to tow more than the Hummer and get 16MPG, and the dealers kiss your ass (i kinda like that).
BTW- the 2005 H1 gets the Duramax diesel this year, that will make it one of the best hummer yet!

cdog
08-10-2004, 05:24 PM
we had a an H2 for about a year 1.5 years (it was my wifes), she loved to drive it. we had that thing completly done well (weld rims, 35"MTs, Gibson headers and exgaust, tv's w/DVD players, HID headlights, PIAA off road lights) my wife just loved it!
the bad part is that there are very few service dealers whom can work on them, they are a part of GM tyrue, but the work has to be done through Hummer certified dealer (they pay fee's for that right). if you live in an area that has no service close to you (75+ miles), than they can allow certain GM dealers (the closest cousin is the Caddilac) to work on them, i had that luxuery for a while untill AM general (manufacturer of the hummer in Indiana, but is now owned by GM) stoped paying all of their servie bills to the dealers (they were citing that the dealers were billing for higher than the work orders state the time required. DUH- the dealers were not trained for the differences that they encountered.
i had my AC go out last august ( the compressor was starting to seize), i pushed the onstart button to contac the roadside service to come and help me, i was advised that the nearest service was in last vegas or phoneix and that help could not come untill monday afternoon at the earliest (they could not gaurantee). i had to tow my boat back to the storage unit and drive home with the compressor off and the windows down (did i mention that it was 120+on the road, and that i was in a black hummer). upon taking the car into the dealer it required 2 weeks for the repair to be completed to to a shortage of parts (at least the loaner just a suburban)
the last straw for us was that teh dealer put 160 miles on our car while it was there for 2 weeks (we dropped it off with a full tank, and got it back with 1/4 left, they really had to drive it hard to get that kind of mileage). since they could not explain the mileage that put on it (they agreed with us since the milage was noted on the incoming reciept) that we woudl recieve a free detailing. in the process of detaing the hummer (it was black) the detailer got something abraisive in the buffer and scratched the car 3/4 of the way around (all the way to the primer), after i recovered from the haeart attck when i noticed it (upon picking it up) they took it back for another 2 weeks to fix it. when i recived the call to pick it up, they had burned the clear coat so bad the paint was now dull, they had buffed so much they burned the chrome off the plastic trim pieces. i was so angry that i asked that they replace the car, they told me to pound sand.
this was not intended as a rant, my wife still misses the car, but it came down to the fact that the dealers cannot stand behind the vehicles and that if you own one i hope that you are near a certified service center. it did tow our 29ft Magic really well (not as well as a diesel) but it was more than capable. it was a great off road vehicle, i have had the pleasure of driving both the H2 and the H1 offroad and on, i can say that the H2 is one of the nicest riding vehilcles out there (just ask attention to deatail, they drove both my G500 and the H2 back to back) and that it is 90 as capable as the H1 offroad (as far as i am willing to take either one).
we sold the H2 (got damn near what we paid for it) and bought a Mercedes G500 (my wifes choice), but it is rated to tow more than the Hummer and get 16MPG, and the dealers kiss your ass (i kinda like that).
BTW- the 2005 H1 gets the Duramax diesel this year, that will make it one of the best hummer yet!
Do you know for sure that the 05 H2 will have the duramax?

Dr. Eagle
08-10-2004, 05:49 PM
I have an 01 2500hd p/up with the 8.1L, 2Wd and A/T, towing cap is 15K, I haven't had a problem yanking my boat out of the water, but my boat doesn't weigh as much as hairless...
gjb
My old Eliminator Eagle 30 footer with twin 502s weighed in at 9650 pounds with the trailer. I pulled it up the mountain to Lake Tahoe passing cars (and Ford trucks) right and left... no really! The 8.1 has nearly as much torque as the Duramax Diesel (less than 50 ft lbs diff.) and you don't have to deal with diesel fuel and noise.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 05:51 PM
thats what I don't like about that.. I hate the way a diesal sounds..

cdog
08-10-2004, 06:01 PM
thats what I don't like about that.. I hate the way a diesal sounds..
I used to hate them too. But they get good gas mileage, last 2-300k miles, come with the allison trans and have torque out the kazoo. Not to mention you can make your own gas for around a $1.10 a gallon. Look up biofuel in a search engine.

mike37
08-10-2004, 06:04 PM
I dunno, I think the Hummer has a "look at me" factor. But once you know it isn't all that powerful, capable or comfortable it loses its draw.
I'd rather see the crew cab F250 in my driveway.
You a ford guy mandelon

waterslinger
08-10-2004, 06:07 PM
People I work for Lockheed Martin and we had a contract to do maintaince
on H-1's for the USMC. Volunteering for this job was a low point in my 15
years with Lockheed. Thinking the Hummer was a bad a$$ 4X4 turned out to
be just ignorance. Had a fleet of 14 all we could do to keep 8 on the road.
At 2,500 miles steering gear (idler arms etc) was junk. To do a break job on one is a nightmare. When you do the breaks, a wise man will install new half
shafts. This thing has 8 CV joints just like a front wheel drive car.
Only had to replace 2 motors. The 6.5 is a dog but did give good service.
Just used a lot of oil. When all was well the thing will go through any thing.
Had lots of test drives that were real fun. Went back to me old job as fast
as I could.

Dr. Eagle
08-10-2004, 06:21 PM
People I work for Lockheed Martin and we had a contract to do maintaince
on H-1's for the USMC. Volunteering for this job was a low point in my 15
years with Lockheed. Thinking the Hummer was a bad a$$ 4X4 turned out to
be just ignorance. Had a fleet of 14 all we could do to keep 8 on the road.
At 2,500 miles steering gear (idler arms etc) was junk. To do a break job on one is a nightmare. When you do the breaks, a wise man will install new half
shafts. This thing has 8 CV joints just like a front wheel drive car.
Only had to replace 2 motors. The 6.5 is a dog but did give good service.
Just used a lot of oil. When all was well the thing will go through any thing.
Had lots of test drives that were real fun. Went back to me old job as fast
as I could.
Remember the age of these vehicles... the get the crap beat out of them and lots are about 20 years old...

dean51267
08-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Love it, but it does suck gas, and not as much room as a Suburban, but here is a true story....
The last week of April Carl and I were hunting wild hogs, we were way, way back in this canyon, no one around, very bad terrain. Carl has a massive heart attack, I am literally watching this happen. I decide the ONLY hope is to TRY and get him out with the H2, Onstar did not work, neither did cell phones, we were to far in.
I climbed out of the canyon to the H2, and drove down in to get him, I remember very, very clearly telling myself in a few hours they would be dragging Carl's body and my truck out of this canyon as I went in.
Well, it went all the way in, and came all the way out, running over trees as big as your caves, up rock faces, you name it, and then I drove it 120 mph to the nearest emerency room. Carl lived. There is absoutly NO WAY my wife's Z71, or my 3/4 ton 4X4 Suburban could have gotten to the BOTTOM of the canyon, much less in and out.
I have had it in snow, ice, mud, and can honestly say there is no 4X4 out there in a bone stock, ready for civilian use, that can do what this does. I know some would disagree, but Carl will not.

Jordy
08-10-2004, 07:19 PM
I haven't heard that, but it would be interesting to say the least. I still remember the video of the So. Cal company that was putting ZZ502's in the H1's and roasting around the tracks throwing 4 wheels worth of roost 30 feet in the air... Did a little better than the diesel. Probably about the same mileage though.
I think you'd probably have to have some type of military contract or even contact with high ranking credentials to get a new H1 though. ;)

cdog
08-10-2004, 07:31 PM
I haven't heard that, but it would be interesting to say the least. I still remember the video of the So. Cal company that was putting ZZ502's in the H1's and roasting around the tracks throwing 4 wheels worth of roost 30 feet in the air... Did a little better than the diesel. Probably about the same mileage though.
I think you'd probably have to have some type of military contract or even contact with high ranking credentials to get a new H1 though. ;)
Actualy the 05 H1 will have a duramax/allison option. I read this in a hummer tech article. But they start at 135k with the duramax. Ouch!

Jordy
08-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Actualy the 05 H1 will have a duramax/allison option. I read this in a hummer tech article. But they start at 135k with the duramax. Ouch!
That doesn't seem too bad as they were pushing 100K on up with the 6.5 and the 4L80E in the past.
Sounds like they're ditching the H2 and going to offer an H3 which is smaller running the bad ass straight 5 that's in the mid-size deal, and then offer the H1 Alpha with the Duramax, and everything I saw put it in the 100K range... Throw and Edge and an Attitude on it and be bouncing off 400 hp at the rear wheels... Plus it looks pretty bad ass, like the old Hummer Hummer, with the convertable top and 4x4 and towing capability... climb up a wall if you want to. :D

locogringo
08-10-2004, 08:09 PM
can't read all three pages because time doesn't seem to be in my favor these days.
We have the 3/4 ton Yukon XL 4wd and never had a problem towing anywhere with it. Plus the tow weight is 12,500 on it. Not too shabby for the 8.1 motor.
Daniel

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:15 PM
can't read all three pages because time doesn't seem to be in my favor these days.
We have the 3/4 ton Yukon XL 4wd and never had a problem towing anywhere with it. Plus the tow weight is 12,500 on it. Not too shabby for the 8.1 motor.
Daniel
I think that is what we need.. :) thank you.. ;)

Jordy
08-10-2004, 08:17 PM
I'd still go with the crew cab duramax as the milage will more than make up for the cost over the 8.1. Just my $.02. Besides, unless you have more than 3 kids you'll have all kinds of room in the crew cab. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:19 PM
I'd still go with the crew cab duramax as the milage will more than make up for the cost over the 8.1. Just my $.02. Besides, unless you have more than 3 kids you'll have all kinds of room in the crew cab. :D
you forget Jordy.. we have a 10 yrold and a 9 yr old.. that want to bring friends now.. :) we need alittle more then a crew cab.. But don't get me wrong.. I love your advice and i am looking into all of it,.. ;)

Thunder Struck
08-10-2004, 08:23 PM
With a blower it does just fine!! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1778thunder_struck_003-med.jpg
Makes your boat look bigger too.

Thunder Struck
08-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Another pic.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1778DSC_8882-adj2-med.jpg

Jordy
08-10-2004, 08:30 PM
you forget Jordy.. we have a 10 yrold and a 9 yr old.. that want to bring friends now.. :) we need alittle more then a crew cab.. But don't get me wrong.. I love your advice and i am looking into all of it,.. ;)
Put a camper shell on it and call it good. :D :D :D
Or just have the dead beat parents drive them out rather than just handing them off to you to babysit for the weekend while they go out to the swinger parties... :D :D :D
Jordy <---- just full of good advice. :p

Jordy
08-10-2004, 08:31 PM
With a blower it does just fine!! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1778thunder_struck_003-med.jpg
I've seen that rig going down the road on one of my infrequent trips into the avenues. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Put a camper shell on it and call it good. :D :D :D
Or just have the dead beat parents drive them out rather than just handing them off to you to babysit for the weekend while they go out to the swinger parties... :D :D :D
Jordy <---- just full of good advice. :p
we would rather take the kids .. then take the dead beat parents.. :) :p

Jordy
08-10-2004, 08:34 PM
we would rather take the kids .. then take the dead beat parents.. :) :p
Havasu does have an aeropuerto... :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Havasu does have an aeropuerto... :D
whats that.. ;)

racecar.hotshoe
08-10-2004, 08:45 PM
I have a chevy crewcab dulley the duramax a chip cold air box it pulls my 28 like it not even there the duramax is very quiet,go test drive one I think you will be hooked.

locogringo
08-10-2004, 08:46 PM
you're welcome....now, for a boat ride........
LOL.
You'll like it.
Daniel

locogringo
08-10-2004, 08:47 PM
aeropuerto is an airport you gringa!

locogringo
08-10-2004, 08:47 PM
I'd better add, a gringa is a white chick. :D

Dr. Eagle
08-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Very nice, you know your warranty is void now... :D

jbtrailerjim
08-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Get an Excursion with the 6.0 Powerstroke. Ford had problems with them at first but I believe they have corrected the problems. A friend of mine pulls his 31' Formula with one and he sais it tows it great. I've driven an Excursion and a Super Duty with the 6.0 in it and I was amazed how much power they have.

MagicMtnDan
08-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Current H2 won't cut it as a tow vehicle. If you gotta have one of those bricks on wheels then wait for the Duramax version which is coming for sure (GM announced it already).
Best bet is a diesel pickup (I'd suggest you wait for the Duramax in the Suburban but who really knows if/when that will happen!) or the 8.1 liter (496 cubic inch) V-8.
The 6.0 liter V-8 in the H2 (and Caddy Escalade) can tow but aren't the best for bigger, heavier loads like really nice, big boats.

hoolign
08-10-2004, 10:23 PM
well then why would you even be looking at a hummer?
if you have kids and friends you want to haul..and you must have seen hummers before!. they are now just a fricken jimmy... why would you not look into a BURB??? my buds got a hv 1 i might grab next year, but i dont have 2 kids to haul around

N2Lake
08-11-2004, 06:29 AM
Ms FV you are right about the friends deal for sure, if ya got 2 it means you are taking 4, glad I don't have 4. We had a diesel Excursion it would pull our 7000 pound travel trailer without the feeling of getting pushed around like a smaller SUV would. It sounds like you need a large SUV, so either the Sub with a 8.1, or a diesel Excursion. Your gonna have a Ford in your future unless you like paying the huge gas bills.

Flyinbowtie
08-11-2004, 07:33 AM
Mrs. Vee;
If you like your truck, and the only reason you are considering a change is the slip problem on the boat ramp, then find out from a gearhead down there what rear axle is under the truck, and check with the local off-road shops about installing an air-Locker in it. What that does is lock the rear wheels up and make both of them pull when you engage it. Light years better than any posi set up out there.
Pulling the boat out, engage the lock until you are off the ramp. Throw the switch to disengage the lock and drive off. End of problem. Way cheaper than a new ride, too. If you want a new ride...
I like chevy small blocks, and have a blast going fast with them, but I pull my chevy with a Powerstroke Diesel. F-350 4x4 Crew Cab Long bed. A few mods, and I haul/tow over 20,000 lb combined gross vehicle weight over Donner Summit, which is 7,144 Ft.
Without the 4300lb slide in camper on it, I can pull my trailer, which is about 8000, over the top at 65mph with the a/c on, and rarely shift out of overdrive. It would pull your kitty just fine. Which brings me to the next point.
Brakes.
All the diesels have an aftermarket braking system available that works on the same principle that the "Jake Brake" you hear on big rigs does. They add an honest 20-30% to the braking capacity of these trucks, and take a large load off of the brakes on the wheels. Going back down the other side of Donner, dropping about 2000 feet in ten miles or so, I just set the exhaust brake and never have to touch the brake pedals. I know you have brakes on your trailer, but an exhaust brake is great great piece of mind, and one day you guys are going to want to tow that bad toy of yours further than just a few miles to Havazoo..maybe Tahoe, Shasta, etc.
Take a ride in any of the newer Diesels. While you can hear them on the outside, and on the inside at idle, at 70MPH they are quiet as any gasser on the inside.
Just my .02 worth.

Chris Winn
08-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Current H2 won't cut it as a tow vehicle. If you gotta have one of those bricks on wheels then wait for the Duramax version which is coming for sure (GM announced it already).
Best bet is a diesel pickup (I'd suggest you wait for the Duramax in the Suburban but who really knows if/when that will happen!) or the 8.1 liter (496 cubic inch) V-8.
The 6.0 liter V-8 in the H2 (and Caddy Escalade) can tow but aren't the best for bigger, heavier loads like really nice, big boats.
the H2 wont be coming with the duramax option, it will be the H1 (with a heavy price hit, but if you can buy one that option isn't too bad).
my H2 did tow my 29 ft Magic well, it kicked down to 3rd gear on hills, but witht he electric tranny tow feature it did not hunt for gears (pet peave). plus with the standard 35" BFG's and electronic locker, i have pulled a few people out of the sand with their trailers at the nautical (even 2 4wd trucks) not bragging, but it was pretty capable.
now it got 10MPG unloaded on the highway (it didn't matter whether you were on the street or highway, or how many people it had in it) and got about 7MPG while towing (29 ft magic). a diesel would have been worlds better over all, but i was told by an AM general rep that they would never install the duramax in the hummer, it would raise the price into the H1 base range and nto be competititve in it's market segment (read: they woud sell alot less of them).
my experience is that of an exotic car: they are fun, but if you have problems, good luck! the service centers are few and far between (this should improve) and not every GM dealer can service them, so you arte stuck with the problems.
plus the tow rating is 7000lbs, but this is based on the suspension alone. the drive train is all 3/4 ton (rearend, brakes, tranny and fully boxed frame) but it has a coil spring rear end (if you order the off road package, you get air springs with auto leveling). so it can tow more, but the suspension is geared more towards ride and off road ability than tow capacity.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-11-2004, 08:28 AM
well then why would you even be looking at a hummer?
if you have kids and friends you want to haul..and you must have seen hummers before!. they are now just a fricken jimmy... why would you not look into a BURB??? my buds got a hv 1 i might grab next year, but i dont have 2 kids to haul around
I have actually never seen a Hummer on the inside.. I was going by the way it looked .. which I know now I can't.. I think we are going to take most people advice and go with a diesal 4x4.. the hummer looks like it has alot of room on the inside but apparently not.. ;)

Chris Winn
08-11-2004, 08:36 AM
I have actually never seen a Hummer on the inside.. I was going by the way it looked .. which I know now I can't.. I think we are going to take most people advice and go with a diesal 4x4.. the hummer looks like it has alot of room on the inside but apparently not.. ;)
Hello Mrs FV,
the H1 is a strict 4 steater (unless you put the mini jump seat over the tranney hump.
the H2 has the same interior as the Caddilac esacalade, but the rear cargo area is a bit smaller (even worse if you don't take out the rear tire like i did). but the seats are probably the best seats that i have ever sat in (even better than the seats in the new G500 (see attached pic). sadly the 3rd row seat is really only built for one person (but i have had 3 in it!)
the Sub or Excursion is much bigger.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Hello Mrs FV,
the H1 is a strict 4 steater (unless you put the mini jump seat over the tranney hump.
the H2 has the same interior as the Caddilac esacalade, but the rear cargo area is a bit smaller (even worse if you don't take out the rear tire like i did). bu the seats are probaby the best seats that i have ever sat in (even better than the seats in the new G500 (see attached pic). sadly the 3rd row seat is really only built for one person (but i have had 3 in it!)
the Sub or Excursion is much bigger.
thank you sweetie.. :)

Chris Winn
08-11-2004, 08:54 AM
no prob Mrs. FV,
the H2 is fun, but has it's limits. i am going to buy a dedicated tow vehicle this year, and it will be a diesel crew cab 4WD(if they built a diesel sub i would be there in a second).
the life and mileage of the diesels are just too good to turn down.
the 3/4 ton GMC yukon (dudded up Sub) has the same seats as the hummer and offers navigation now, and is a great tow vehicle with plently of power (just buy the biggest possible gas tank)

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-11-2004, 09:03 AM
no prob Mrs. FV,
the H2 is fun, but has it's limits. i am going to buy a dedicated tow vehicle this year, and it will be a diesel crew cab 4WD(if they built a diesel sub i would be there in a second).
the life and mileage of the diesels are just too good to turn down.
the 3/4 ton GMC yukon (dudded up Sub) has the same seats as the hummer and offers navigation now, and is a great tow vehicle with plently of power (just buy the biggest possible gas tank)
Thank you.. we use to have the GMC Denali and I liked the inside and all.. so maybe the yukon you mentioned would be good.. shoot I don't know.. I need to go shopping.. LOL!! :)

Thunder Struck
08-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Very nice, you know your warranty is void now... :D
With the Kennebell super charger it is still under warranty!!

Dr. Eagle
08-11-2004, 02:38 PM
With the Kennebell super charger it is still under warranty!!
Your boat/trailer combo have to weigh more than 6700 pounds. That is the maximum tow rating of the Hummer H2. You also have to deduct the weight of passengers and cargo in the vehicle from the tow rating. If you go to the lake with a load of people and your boat, and something happens to the vehicle like a tranny problem or other issue and they notice anything that tells them it has been pulling too much weight, they won't honor the warranty.
I had an issue with my Suburban where a smog device malfunctioned and caused significant engine damage while towing and I had to prove to GM that it was under the maximum tow rating for my burb. I had to take the boat to a scale with the service manager and weigh it.
If your boat is in the 9000 pound range with trailer, your warranty isn't worth the paper it was printed on... Hummer Specs... (http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_engines.aspx?modelid=10910&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=1&trimid=97869#trimsel)

Thunder Struck
08-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Your boat/trailer combo have to weigh more than 6700 pounds. That is the maximum tow rating of the Hummer H2. You also have to deduct the weight of passengers and cargo in the vehicle from the tow rating. If you go to the lake with a load of people and your boat, and something happens to the vehicle like a tranny problem or other issue and they notice anything that tells them it has been pulling too much weight, they won't honor the warranty.
I had an issue with my Suburban where a smog device malfunctioned and caused significant engine damage while towing and I had to prove to GM that it was under the maximum tow rating for my burb. I had to take the boat to a scale with the service manager and weigh it.
If your boat is in the 9000 pound range with trailer, your warranty isn't worth the paper it was printed on... Hummer Specs... (http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_engines.aspx?modelid=10910&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=1&trimid=97869#trimsel)
Actually I guess my post started with Mrs flyin vee said that she had heard they were not very powerful. I pull my Scarab with a crew cab chevy and ford. We used the Hummer for some pics. in Extreme boat mag. ( can I say that :jawdrop: ) The Hummer has a kennebell super charger other than that it is stock. The crew cabs are a little more stable on the road but the Hummer has a little more power. Brakes seemed to be better on the Hummer as well. We did not have the brakes on the trailer hooked up as the run on a air pump witch the Hummer does not have.
Dr. Eagle : Didnt meen to argue The fact of warranty Cuz we dont pull much with it! Just used it for pics. But it did do a decent job of towing.
End result: Like I said, I use the crew cabs to pull the boat! The Hummer just made for some good pics. Just my 2 cents. Didnt meen to cause any problems!

Dr. Eagle
08-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Actually I guess my post started with Mrs flyin vee said that she had heard they were not very powerful. I pull my Scarab with a crew cab chevy and ford. We used the Hummer for some pics. in Extreme boat mag. ( can I say that :jawdrop: ) The Hummer has a kennebell super charger other than that it is stock. The crew cabs are a little more stable on the road but the Hummer has a little more power. Brakes seemed to be better on the Hummer as well. We did not have the brakes on the trailer hooked up as the run on a air pump witch the Hummer does not have.
Dr. Eagle : Didnt meen to argue The fact of warranty Cuz we dont pull much with it! Just used it for pics. But it did do a decent job of towing.
End result: Like I said, I use the crew cabs to pull the boat! The Hummer just made for some good pics. Just my 2 cents. Didnt meen to cause any problems!
PROBLEMS???? No problems, I just wanted to point out that if you tow more weight (and the hairless kitty would qualify I do believe) than the tow rating, and account of the entire load in the vehicle... you warranty is meaningless. That's all... sorry if I sounded like I was lecturing or something... just making a point is all.
And by the way....
WE'RE DOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!! :D

Timer
08-14-2004, 05:08 PM
We have an H1 and tow the Daytona with it. The H1 weighs in at about 7600 pounds and the Daytona at about 3500. Heading up the Indio grade towards the River we can do about 42 mph. Towing or not towing, it gets between 11 & 12 mpg (diesel.) It is definitely a kick-ass looking truck. If all you have to do is tow the boat around town, this is the one for you! You can see it at www.stocks-timing.com/items.htm :rollside:

MagicMtnDan
08-14-2004, 05:32 PM
We have an H1 and tow the Daytona with it. The H1 weighs in at about 7600 pounds and the Daytona at about 3500. Heading up the Indio grade towards the River we can do about 42 mph. Towing or not towing, it gets between 11 & 12 mpg (diesel.) It is definitely a kick-ass looking truck. If all you have to do is tow the boat around town, this is the one for you! You can see it at www.stocks-timing.com/items.htm :rollside:
No offense intended but the H1 has to be the least refined vehicle one can drive or tow with. It's awesome offroad (as long as the trees are spaced far enough apart to get the H1 in between them) but it's noisy, uncomfortable, unrefined and noisy (did I mention uncomfortable?). To each his/her own but I'd rather watch you drive an H1 than drive one myself. :idea:

questrunner
08-14-2004, 07:57 PM
FWIW, I have owned an H1 for over three years now. I .........hated the 6.5td and am having a built 502 put in the beast right now.
Mrs. Flyin Vee if you are only going to pull around town the H1 will work. If you have more than four people going on the trip be sure to get a wagon, add the extra jump seat and let your shorter friends sit there. ;) Be sure to have a certified mechanic look at your purchase. Should you go down that path I would be more than happy to assist. (Not a mechanic but good friend is the best in the business)
I have been fairly extensively involved with my hummer and off roading etc. the last three years (Probably why I blew my #8 cylindar and am in the position to swap it out.) They can be tempermental. Certain years are subject to specific problems. Again if you ever need help.......trust me I have done way to much research and need to try to help someone. :D
That said if you do get the 6.5TD you will not be going to Havasu much beyond the speed limit..........but you won't have to be worrying about Boat cop either. :p Err CHP
Yes the 2006 will be getting the Duramax, however it will be sold as a 2006 year not a 2005 mainly because the factory has been rumored to struggle with the retooling......and the need to replace the military trucks overseas.
That would be the ultimate way to go.
I hope this helps....maybe this post will prompt me to participate more and not be so shy in conversation.
Until later.......I'm waiting very impatiently for the 502 converstion to be complete and smoke some 40" tires........... :messedup:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-14-2004, 07:59 PM
well thank you very much for the info.. I do appriciate it.. and welcome to the sandbox.. enjoy.. :p :rollside:

Dr. Eagle
08-14-2004, 08:43 PM
well thank you very much for the info.. I do appriciate it.. and welcome to the sandbox.. enjoy.. :p :rollside:
Mrs. Vee, how much does the Kitty and trailer weigh?

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Mrs. Vee, how much does the Kitty and trailer weigh?
the kitty is 7500 and the trailor is 1800.. without gas and all the goodies in it.. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Kilrtoy
08-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Your asking alot from the yuppie car girlie.

KACHINA KEN
08-14-2004, 09:56 PM
My 04' Dodge 3/4 ton diesel rules (13,600 cap) and costed 15k less. Oh yeah, insurance for me (36yrs) buck fitty a month. And NO ONE can touch the warranty. Oh yeah, it's a CUMMINS diesel, never heard of a Duramax being but in a tractor trailer rig.........

j-rod
08-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Consumers afairs rated the the H2 as biggest disapointment and I agree just my 2 cents :(

Dr. Eagle
08-14-2004, 10:04 PM
the kitty is 7500 and the trailor is 1800.. without gas and all the goodies in it.. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
With a tow rating of 6700 pounds, I think the Hummer would be a little light.
That is right around the Eagle's weight of 9600 pounds total, less fuel and stuff. You really need a Mondo 3/4 ton SUV or truck at least.