PDA

View Full Version : I know this isn't the place but

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:40 AM
I would like to know if anyone knows about the Hummers.. (car's silly)
we are looking into getting one but we have heard they are not good on gas and they are not very powerful..
we as most of you know have a 29' boat and need to know if it will launch and tow safely.. any comments would be appritiated.. good and bad. ;) :D

Kachina26
08-10-2004, 08:41 AM
I would like to know if anyone knows about the Hummers.. (car's silly)
we are looking into getting one but we have heard they are not good on gas and they are not very powerful..
we as most of you know have a 29' boat and need to know if it will launch and tow safely.. any comments would be appritiated.. good and bad. ;) :D
Get it with the Duramax for power.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Get it with the Duramax for power.
and what is that.. :confused: sorry don't know too much.. Just what my dad tought me.. changing oil rotating tires and all that..

unleashed
08-10-2004, 08:44 AM
I've driven a couple of them before. They are DOGS!!!!! If they had the duramax diesel I would have definitly bought one. Goodluck.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-10-2004, 08:45 AM
My wife hatted hers and she made me sell it after 6 mos. Blind Spots-rattles-gas milage-parking in town-etc. I liked it ok but my f-350 is way more comfy and tows way better. The $$$ factor I did not like. Or picking her up from the shop all the time for repairs.

mbrown2
08-10-2004, 08:48 AM
I think you guys already have a diesel...that is the best for towing....however, if you are only towing from the lake house to the lake, the Hummer can do that without issue. Also, the hummer is going to be much more of a comfortable ride then the diesel truck...however, with the 6.0 it will suck on gas and will not have the power of the diesel, just pic what is more important, gas and power or comfort?

mbrown2
08-10-2004, 09:00 AM
BTW...I am not a SUV guy, and that is why I do the truck thing...but in my experience of driving the river I will admit...
My wife's escalade is the most comfortable thing to drive there :D ...it out towed my F150 when towing the boat (but that's not saying much), ....As for Gas mileage, it gets a little less than the DMax not towing, no match when towing, but it has a ton of power as well and just so responsive blasting down the freeway...
However, since she put on the pink Hello Kitty License Plate frames and Helo Kity personalized license plates, I pretty much drive the truck to the river now.....god damn, that was a comfy car too...

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 09:09 AM
thank you everyone.. I apprititate all the advice..
as of now we have a 2002 GMC 2 wheel drive with an allisons trany and it just doesn't seem strong enough for me.. it tends to slip as I pull the boat out.. I need a deisal and a 4 wheel drive I think.. :)

mbrown2
08-10-2004, 09:24 AM
thank you everyone.. I apprititate all the advice..
as of now we have a 2002 GMC 2 wheel drive with an allisons trany and it just doesn't seem strong enough for me.. it tends to slip as I pull the boat out.. I need a deisal and a 4 wheel drive I think.. :)
Get a 4x4 and that will solve your problem....For as much as your towing currently, any SUV with 6.0 or 8.1 will do with the 4x4...if you plan to do a alot of towing, I would go Dmax in 3/4 or 1 ton chassis...or Ford Superduty if that is what you are into.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 09:53 AM
thank you very much.. :)

BoatFloating
08-10-2004, 10:09 AM
I would get a 4x4 Diesel and call it done. it will have just as much passenger room as the Hummer (not the kind I'm talking about) and alot more cargo space.... But when the new hummer Diesel comes out it might be worth a look...