PDA

View Full Version : Why I Hate Pro Athletes

Kilrtoy
08-10-2004, 01:39 PM
So I somehow was able to take about 30 under privileged kids to the Dallas Cowboys training camp today(AND PLYAPLYA22 was one of them). I was invited by them to bring these kids and I was told they would get to meet the team and get autographs. So we make the trek from L.A. to Oxnard.
Can you imagine the thrill of a life time for these kids ages 6 to 14 years old.
So we get there, they get to do the Cowboys pro experience stuff, buy items and now its time. All the kids are taken to the autograph section by the police. The kids stand in the hot sun for an hour waiting. Finally the are supposed to come and guess what, a whole 5 players come over sign a few, VERY FEW autographs and leave. The kids are going crazy for KEYSHAWN as he is one of the last off the field. The kids are yelling his name, waving his picture , jersey, you get the point. As he gets closer, he makes a waive motion, as in get away and keeps walking, not even stopping to say HI.
Remeber they invited me, they contacted me, I did not contact them.
THEY SUCK.
I dont know his name #23 on the team is the only one who signed every kids items. They say he is a big superstar, but I dont follow sports so I dont know.
People wonder why I look down on sports figures.....
:mad: :mad: :mad: :burningm: :burningm: :burningm:

Mandelon
08-10-2004, 01:47 PM
What A holes.
Write to Sports Illustrated....let em know!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-10-2004, 01:49 PM
What do you expect from Keyshawn, he's an $c guy. Actually, you'll get that reaction from most pro atheletes I think regardless of where they went to college.

PHX ATC
08-10-2004, 01:52 PM
That angers me. :yuk:
I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan for 31 years of my 36 year filled life. I, too, am disappointed in today's atheletes that think they are above talking to their fans. I mean, these a little girls and boys that will some day be running this country taking care of them (and me).
I'm sorry that happened. F them.
Take them to a minor league baseball team or something of that next time, you might have better luck.
Damn, that makes me mad, I support that team and everything.
Overpaid M F'ers. :devil: :yuk: :yuk: :mad:

Jrocket
08-10-2004, 01:57 PM
What aszholes! Give 2 thumbs up to #23 though.

Jordy
08-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Damn, that makes me mad, I support that team and everything.
So are you on the Cowboy's Need to Make Bail Phone Call List? :D

NashvilleBound
08-10-2004, 02:00 PM
I feal the same about most....with the exception of Albert Haynsworth of the Titans. He was at a poker Run a few weeks ago and sat with me and my son at our table for dinner...killer guy.

Jetdriver
08-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Those kids will remember you more than the players so you still did a good think Miguel! Way to go!

PHX ATC
08-10-2004, 02:05 PM
So are you on the Cowboy's Need to Make Bail Phone Call List? :D
They just send me a bill each year. :D

Jordy
08-10-2004, 02:08 PM
They just send me a bill each year. :D
Yeah, on the bright side, at least with Michael Irvin (and perhaps Deion) gone, the cost for chalking the field was probably cut in half... :D
Dammit guys for the last time, that's chalk, not coke!!! :eek: :D

Jrocket
08-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah, on the bright side, at least with Michael Irvin (and perhaps Deion) gone, the cost for chalking the field was probably cut in half... :D
Dammit guys for the last time, that's chalk, not coke!!! :eek: :D
Nice jab! LMAO

PHX ATC
08-10-2004, 02:13 PM
You crack me up Jordy!! :)
No wonder they all had to be helped up after a tackle, they were following the lines. :jawdrop:

welk2party
08-10-2004, 03:51 PM
I am a Cowboys fan and have been for a long time. It sucks to hear when pro athletes do not remember who actually pays their rediculous salaries. :mad:

PlyaPlya22
08-10-2004, 05:19 PM
So I somehow was able to take about 30 under privileged kids to the Dallas Cowboys training camp today(AND PLYAPLYA22 was one of them). I was invited by them to bring these kids and I was told they would get to meet the team and get autographs. So we make the trek from L.A. to Oxnard.
Can you imagine the thrill of a life time for these kids ages 6 to 14 years old.
So we get there, they get to do the Cowboys pro experience stuff, buy items and now its time. All the kids are taken to the autograph section by the police. The kids stand in the hot sun for an hour waiting. Finally the are supposed to come and guess what, a whole 5 players come over sign a few, VERY FEW autographs and leave. The kids are going crazy for KEYSHAWN as he is one of the last off the field. The kids are yelling his name, waving his picture , jersey, you get the point. As he gets closer, he makes a waive motion, as in get away and keeps walking, not even stopping to say HI.
Remeber they invited me, they contacted me, I did not contact them.
THEY SUCK.
I dont know his name #23 on the team is the only one who signed every kids items. They say he is a big superstar, but I dont follow sports so I dont know.
People wonder why I look down on sports figures.....
:mad: :mad: :mad: :burningm: :burningm: :burningm:
I am a die hard Cowboys fan and I was very disappointed to see the way the players did the kids myself. I was happy to see that kids form the inner city were going to get a chance to have what should have been a good experience (I was looking forward to it also), only to be snubbed by almost all of the players. I truly believe that a lot of this has to do with the Parcell's regim. :mad:

superdave013
08-10-2004, 05:34 PM
I think was becasue of that Kilrtoy guy myself. lol
Dude looks kinda shady to me. :D j/k
Take 'em to a drag race. John Force won't blow them off!

Rexone
08-10-2004, 05:41 PM
There are a few exceptions but for the most part IMO pro team players are just a bunch of overpaid spoiled asses. And the more they are overpaid the more assholish they become (again with a few exceptions). They get none of my money and I rarely watch them on tv anymore either. Guys making a bizillion dollars a year for trowin a friggin ball around and can't even take an hour out of their day to sign some stuff for the kids that idolize them.
f that and f them. :mad:

TheLurker
08-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Kilrtoy, You did a good thing! Cheers to you.
As for PlayPlay22 believing it is Parcells regime, I don’t buy it they are all adults and they know what is going on.
In my opinion and it doesn’t matter whether it is Football, Basketball or Baseball most pro athletes are to arrogant these days and do not want to be bothered with the fans who ultimately pay their salaries and buy the products they endorse. Note I also said most, there are exceptions to every rule

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Kilrtoy, You did a good thing! Cheers to you.
As for PlayPlay22 believing it is Parcells regime, I don’t buy it they are all adults and they know what is going on.
In my opinion and it doesn’t matter whether it is Football, Basketball or Baseball most pro athletes are to arrogant these days and do not want to be bothered with the fans who ultimately pay their salaries and buy the products they endorse. Note I also said most, there are exceptions to every rule
I agree.. but they want you by their side if they are in trouble like going to jail for assult or something like that.. hmmm where were they when the kids wanted them.. now where were we when they needed our support.. :yuk: :)

angry dad
08-10-2004, 06:17 PM
wow!! very nice effert kilrtoy!!!but that sucks for the kids!!over payed,no good, :argue:

BoatFloating
08-10-2004, 06:26 PM
American's Team my ass. I've always hated the Cowboys because they think there are better than the rest of the league. Kilrtoy if you need I'll sign some stuff for the kids. Back in the day I new somethings about Forgery j/k

JetBoatRich
08-10-2004, 06:31 PM
How about them Cowboys :yuk:
Sorry to hear about your experience with the Cowboys, they need to step back and look where they came from and ive back :o never mind, very few ever do that :o

Drunk tank
08-10-2004, 07:19 PM
The only person i'd ever want an autograph from would be Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, Alexander the great, Atilla the Hun, or jesus... those cats left a hell of a mark on the world... bet what ever they signed I could ebay to some whack mofo for some mad bling!

framer1
08-10-2004, 07:22 PM
Did anybody hear the interview with Barry Sanders on the game last night, now that's a class act.

Bank Boy
08-10-2004, 07:33 PM
#23 is Avion Cason. A third year RB. I had a great experience with OJ Simpson back in the 70's at the Bills training camp, and it lasts in my memory alot longer then the guys that walked by. You did a great thing by just having the kids there and exposing them to class vs. an ass. (OJ took care of things later.)

powerplay230
08-10-2004, 07:42 PM
That really stinks for the kids! I'm from Tampa and even before last years fiasco I can say that is the norm for Keyshawn. He has a bunch of kids he did some PR/Charity work for but he was a stuck up jerk. There are a bunch of NFL guys that are great with their fans...Company I work for is a sponsor of the Bucs and last pre-season we got to go to a "pep-rally" with a few hundred other people and most the guys we met were happy to sign, take pictures etc..We were able to joke around with a bunch of them and they seemed to enjoy goofing off in general. Derrick Brooks, John Lynch, Joe Jurvicious, Shelton Quarles, Gramatica, Shawn King, Brad Johnson and others were very gracious and friendly. When they were done with the PR stuff and we all sat down to have some BBQ Derrick Brooks sat down with my wife and I and just BS'd.. Can't say enough about him and John Lynch they are both 100% class acts. A few there acted like they weren't too happy to be there..In all of the NFL one of the guys I met that beat Keyshawn in being a bigger jackass was Warren Sapp, good riddance to both. The disrespect I saw WSapp show to a young boy (cancer patient or something) and his family will never be forgotten! Me-shawn and Sappass deserve their rep' as cocky arragant jerks! :eek:

powerplay230
08-10-2004, 07:43 PM
OH left off one of Sapp's favorite responses to photo requests- "I don't flick bitch"
All the attention may be rough but if it wasn't for the fans where would they be????????

Kilrtoy
08-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Well I had a better afternoon, I took MY kids swimming and to a great burger stand. Goes back to why I refuse to buy any sports stuff at all those super inflated prices. These guys are worse than some boat builders, I didnt think that was possible.