PDA

View Full Version : Well, we did it. A new Nordic

Todd969
08-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Everybody likes a happy boat story so I will share ours.
We initailly starting looking at buying a Dana. Let me tell you that Tom over there is a great guy and I would recommend seeing him if you are in the market for a boat in his line. Unfortunately things didn't flow that way.
We are spending most of the month in Havasu. So thursday when relaxing in the channel my wife sees this Nordic Rage go by and says hey I like that look. What do you know about them. ( Like I'm Mr. know it all ) So I said just that they have been around for a long time and seemed solid. She says lets go look at them. So friday morning we go over to the factory and get the full blown tour. The guy who took us around was the graphics designer and mentioned that they had recently sent a finished 25 over to The Boat Brokers. We head down to that shop and are met by Bill Gardner ( he was informed by Nordic we were on the way ). Bill takes us into the showroom and my wife was all but set on it just from the outside. It's not to flashy yet not plain. Then she gets on the stairs to get inside and peak, here's where I knew it was over, purple and blue on white. She was in love and I admit it looks really nice. So Bill says wanna take it out for a drive? Sure we say. Bill meets us at our boat in the channel picks us and 3 kids up and we head out towards windsor. He took us out for a solid 30 minutes worth of wave pounding and my wife, the kids and I are very happy with it's handling, ride and all around function.
Now here comes the hard part. I really wanted to get my own design and a Dana. My wife was completely satisfied with the Nordic ( and a happy wife is important ) She says look, if the Dana will fit in the garage with a swing away we can have it made and wait 8 to 10 weeks if it makes me happy. I know you can't hear her tone in writing, but it was more of that I really like this one and I don't care what you want tone. " guys know what I mean".
In all fairness my wife is a wonderful woman and I say that sincerly. Anyway, I knew we were 14" short, so why fight it.
So back to Bill, we ask for a 24-48 think period. He asked for a small deposit to hold it. No problem, we agreed. We went back to look at it 3 times before we decided to let Bill wipe the sweat of his forhead. BTW, if you don't know Bill over there, he's a really nice guy and doesn't pressure you into anything. He was very understanding of our situation and I believe that's something that helped make this work. He knew we were interested in getting a Dana, and never once said anything derogatory about them and insisted that we look again to make sure "WE" are happy. That says alot in our book.
So back to me and the wife. I know not everyone buys something off the floor. Heck, with all the threads about graphics being copied it might not matter. We are happy with the colors and graphics, quality and overall appeal of the boat. Most important, it works for our family.
It's going to be different going across the lake and not getting beat up in chop.
So here it is... we pick up our new Nordic tomorrow at the Boat Brokers.

PHX ATC
08-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Very nice ride.
You'll be happy. ;)

Pointerman
08-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Great looking boat. Congratulations on your purchase! I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Dawn Patrol
08-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Good looking Boat! Congrats.

Roxysnow
08-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Congratulations on the new Nordic. Those are some great boats and quality craftsmanship! We took the same tour of the factory two weeks ago with Lou. It's awsome seeing every step of the boat build process. I remember the boat in the pic. Is it boat with the dragon on the engine cover or the two stripe? Both boats were great. Through some more pics up! :D

syke-o
08-10-2004, 02:14 PM
looks good!!! :cool: lets get some pics of the inside as well....

phuggit
08-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Congrats. It's a great looking boat. Give us details man....power package,stereo, etc, etc.

jbtrailerjim
08-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Good lookin Nordic. Congrats. The 25 Rage is one a sweet boat. :cool:

BOBALOO
08-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Hey Todd congradulations on getting a new boat and making the wife happy as well. I think the Bill you are dealing with is WildBillG from the boards. Cool guy but is not on here too often. Have fun.

Todd969
08-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Thanks to all. We are very happy and excited.
It's a 496 HO Bravo X, the stereo is stock for the moment, but going over to Brent at Car Toys for a medium upgrade next week.
I'll post more pics when I can.

Ziggy
08-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Hey Todd congradulations on getting a new boat and making the wife happy as well. I think the Bill you are dealing with is WildBillG from the boards. Cool guy but is not on here too often. Have fun.
I was gonna say that..WildBillG....have talked with him a few times. :D
Another note is that the Nordic Factory has got to be the cleanest and most organized I've ever walked through :)
Sweet looking ride---I can only wish right now :cool:

Debbolas
08-10-2004, 02:33 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4817
That is a good looking boat! Congrats!! You will LOVE having a bigger boat :D

Ducatista
08-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Beautiful! That's a nice package...enjoy. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-10-2004, 02:56 PM
wow congrats and stay safe and have lots of fun.. :D

throttlejunkie
08-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Congrats Todd969,
Beautiful boat, cool graphics... I have the exact same boat, exact same graphics on a 2003. Nordic builds a great boat. I'am sure you and your family will love it, and feel alot safer now on that rough water. My boat is at Nordic right now, having another set of brakes added to the other axel.
Enjoy!!

N2Lake
08-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Congrats on the Rage Todd, we love ours. Nordic really did a good job getting the bottom on the Rage dialed in. You could always have someone do some airbrushing to give it is own personality.

SBullet
08-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Cograts on your new Ride!! I have been very happy with my 25... :D :D

wildbillg
08-10-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm glad your happy with your boat, it makes me happy to make someone have the feeling that they are going to be safe and happy.
I think the Bill you are dealing with is WildBillG from the boards. Cool guy but is not on here too often. Have fun. Thanks Bobaloo, remember me? I remember you, didnt you allmost fall in to my chiminea after you ate the worm on the bottom of the bottle, :) you at the house for the x-mas party? Im here I just dont have alot to say, but if you have any questions for me I am usually here, just the quiet type (on here). ;)
If any of you are thinking about getting a new boat I'd be happy to help you out. I usually lurk around here, I will answer your PM's if you send them to me.
Pics of interiorhttp://theboatbroker.com/new_boats/nordic/nordic%20designs/rages/ND6245d.JPG http://theboatbroker.com/new_boats/nordic/nordic%20designs/rages/ND6245f.JPG http://theboatbroker.com/new_boats/nordic/nordic%20designs/rages/ND6245b.JPG
http://theboatbroker.com/new_boats/nordic/nordic%20designs/rages/ND6245e.JPG

Dr. Eagle
08-10-2004, 07:00 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4817 You will LOVE having a bigger boat :D
NO HE WON"T....
OK so maybe he will.... :(
:cry: <-------Dr. E<-------------------------wishing he still had his Eliminator.

BoatFloating
08-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Congrats on the new boat and that was a great story. I'm sure every husband has been in your shoe's :eek:

NORDIC_RIG
08-10-2004, 07:34 PM
howdy
thats a great looking boat . who built that puppy , oh ya i did :cool:
i hope you and your family have a great time !
cya mike

Dr. Eagle
08-10-2004, 07:39 PM
howdy
thats a great looking boat . who built that puppy , oh ya i did :cool:
i hope you and your family have a great time !
cya mike
You weren't selling at the boat show, were you? :confused:

Kilrtoy
08-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Good luck and many happy years of boating

Kachina26
08-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Very nice ride man! If I wasn't so goofy about getting something totally original I think I would have been in one of those bad boys!!!

NORDIC_RIG
08-10-2004, 07:52 PM
boat show ? aw nope
i'm the guy that installs the motors is all .
it was nice to see some positive thoughts on the nordic .
everybody have fun
cya mike

summerlove
08-10-2004, 08:10 PM
very nice! Congrats...what did you trade up from?

Mandelon
08-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Wives like the windshields...we considered a Nordic too. Good looking boat for sure. I met Bill at the LA boatshow and he was a cool guy to chat with for a while....

SoCalOffshore
08-10-2004, 08:24 PM
great boat and good luck with it.

Big_Gunz_
08-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Congrats on the boat, looks great. :cool: :cool:

OGShocker
08-11-2004, 05:48 AM
Very nice Todd!
It was nice meeting you and Dana at the Dana Boats Regatta.
Good luck with the new ride. Will we see you on the water this weekend?
OGS

Music to my Ears
08-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Nice looking ride! You're going to love the boat. :cool:

dmontzsta
08-11-2004, 06:12 AM
NO HE WON"T....
OK so maybe he will.... :(
:cry: <-------Dr. E<-------------------------wishing he still had his Eliminator.
Dont worry Dr.E little boats are still ALOT more fun to drive around in.
;)

riverracerx
08-11-2004, 08:27 AM
Great looking boat. My favorite colors!
Wild Bill is a great guy and an honest salesman to deal with. Nordic builds a great quality boat and have been doing it for a long time now.
welcome to the Nordic clan.
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-23-89616-rrx_move.gif

summerlove
08-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Very nice Todd!
It was nice meeting you and Dana at the Dana Boats Regatta.
Good luck with the new ride. Will we see you on the water this weekend?
OGS
if you're going to Havasu this w/e, then I'm not sure I want to go! J/K - See you there!

surfer2001
08-11-2004, 06:46 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1498my_rig-med.JPG
Got mine first of March 04, I have 96 trouble free hours on her, going in Frinday for the 100 hour service. You gonna love that boat, bow it down @ 50 MPH & turn on a tight 90 degree. HOLD ON !!!
ps CARTOYZ DID MINE TOO EXCELLENT WORK.

Debbolas
08-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Wives like the windshields...we considered a Nordic too. Good looking boat for sure. I met Bill at the LA boatshow and he was a cool guy to chat with for a while....
Not me!! Ya gotta clean them....I was so excited that our new boat had no windows (but it has mirrors) :)
Except.........coming back to camp on Lake Powell in the rain (that felt like stinging needles!!!) Maybe I would have liked a windshield then.... :idea:

PHX ATC
08-11-2004, 07:34 PM
[IMG]
ps CARTOYZ DID MINE TOO EXCELLENT WORK.
What and where did you place your stereo stuff in your Rage?

surfer2001
08-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Two 12” Kicker Comp VR’s under the rear bench seat, (4) 6” kicker resolutions in the cockpit, two in front of the captains chairs two behind the captains chairs. (2) 6.5 kicker coax speakers under the front seats in the bow area. (1) 5 channel Street Machine amp in the engine compartment.
KIC 03 CVR124 12 "COMP VR 2
KIC 02 K 65 6.5 COAX
KIC R S6C RESOLUTION 6 INCH SET 2
CLA M 101 RX ... MARINE EXTENSION CABLE
CLA M 101 RY ... Y CABLE FOR REMOTES
CLA M 301 RCR... MARINE WATERPROOF REMOTE
AMP S HYP 12 12 FT HYPER RCA 2
AMP MAXFH 8 8 G MAXI FUSE HOLDER
AMP MAX 80 80 AMP MAXI 3 PER PKG
SHOP SUPPLIES MISC. TAPE, FUSES, CONECTORS, ECT
HARDWARE WIRE, AND MISC.
Labor Installation
AUT SX 5750 5 CHNL. STREET MACH. AMP

Todd969
08-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Thanks to all for the kind comments. We love it.
Weekend update,
Picked up the new boat on Wednesday and spent 4 days breaking in the motor and just cruising around. What a great ride. Stepping up from a 21' Essex to this made a huge difference. I can't say enough about Bill and the staff at The Boat brokers. They really made buying this a great experience.
I spotted a few people, but without the other boat and its name on the back I'm sure no one knew it was me yelling at them as they cruised thru the channel.
We are heading back up on Tuesday night for another 5 days. Please look for us in the channel, stop by and say hi. I may even have the name on the back " OBNOXUS Again", pending Knoonz schedule.
Todd and Dana

Garrddogg
08-16-2004, 07:46 AM
Kool Congratulations on your new Baby.. :)

HALLETT BOY
08-16-2004, 07:56 AM
Hey Todd ! Congrats on the boat ! I'll join ya soon ! My dance partner works with your wife, we should get together and hit the lake ! My boat should be done in about a month...Gordon

Todd969
08-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Hey Gordon, I believe I've heard of this boat. Keep in touch and lets get out there.
Todd

Sherpa
08-16-2004, 12:56 PM
that's a nice story about shopping with Bill, and what a beautiful boat you got.......
My old roomate who grew up in havasu used to say, "all other boats in the
river-type" category were always measured against Nordics...............
that says alot right there........... and back then, like 20 years ago, the
going rate for a Nordic was like a thousand bucks a foot..........
--Sherpa

surfer2001
08-16-2004, 01:03 PM
We'll be back on the 21st & 22nd