PDA

View Full Version : Hot time in 909

LaveyJet
08-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Dam it's hot. :burningm: Just checked the temps, 105 in San Berdoo with a chance of Thunderstorms in the mountains. It's like river hot but no lake or river or beer, just smog. Supposed to play golf at 5 pm today, not looking good. Sure makes this weekend (CBBB) look better.

Jrocket
08-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Dam it's hot. :burningm: Just checked the temps, 105 in San Berdoo with a chance of Thunderstorms in the mountains. It's like river hot but no lake or river or beer, just smog. Supposed to play golf at 5 pm today, not looking good. Sure makes this weekend look better.
105 doesnt bother me,its the being in San berdoo doo that would make me want to die....LOL

OGShocker
08-10-2004, 02:16 PM
105 doesnt bother me,its the being in San berdoo doo that would make me want to die....LOL
ROFLMAO! :)

LaveyJet
08-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Like I've said before, the best thing about the 909 is, when ever you spend a weekend away, it's better than here.

Jrocket
08-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Where are you going golfing?

LaveyJet
08-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Like Riverside is all that different. Just remember you're down stream of our sewers. I'll send a double flusher just for you. :cool:

LaveyJet
08-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Where are you going golfing?
Golf league, the public course on Waterman. Not the best but it's close.

Jrocket
08-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Golf league, the public course on Waterman. Not the best but it's close.
Down by Hospitality lane? par 3 course?

Kachina26
08-10-2004, 02:29 PM
I just saw a little lightning when I was on a road test, coming over the mountain near Highland.

Scream
08-10-2004, 02:30 PM
I golfed last Wednesday afternoon when it was in the mid 80's, and it was miserable then, I can't even concieve of golfing today...
Plus the humidity is gonna suck.
You'd better call now and have the beer chick follow you around the course.

LaveyJet
08-10-2004, 02:31 PM
It's down by Hospitality but it's a par 70, 6000 yds maybe.

Jrocket
08-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Friends of mine hit that place on weekdays after work.Said its a good place to golf for the price.

LaveyJet
08-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Friends of mine hit that place on weekdays after work.Said its a good place to golf for the price.
That's the one.
And Scream, we definitely plan on keeping the Beer Babes Busy ;)

THATJEFFGUY
08-10-2004, 02:52 PM
I agree JRocket, and having to wear this bulletproof vest around San Berdoo makes it ever hotter !! Yeah SB Golf Club on Waterman isn't a bad course for the price. I prefer Palm Meadows though, just up the road off Tippecanoe. Ever played that one ? Today it's just too damn to play ANY course though...any ideas on how to rig up an A/C in the golf cart ??

Debbolas
08-10-2004, 02:53 PM
maybe a River Dave Mister? :cool:

LaveyJet
08-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Yeah SB Golf Club on Waterman isn't a bad course for the price. I prefer Palm Meadows though, just up the road off Tippecanoe. Ever played that one ?
Yeah, our golf league used to play there. Tough layout with all the trees. The place was great when it was maintained by the Air Force, ( Generals love golf) but since the base closed (10+yrs) it gone steadily down hill. I hear it's soon to close and be developed for Warehouses or something.

ROZ
08-10-2004, 03:02 PM
I was up in the 909 on Sunday, man is that place an armpit... From 18fwy/40th to vanburren, to corona, it was hot a hell and peeps were mean to boot.....
BTW, anyone live in corona who has a black for f150 and a white expetition that both have Shockwave stickers in the windows? I did the startups for a couple pools in the area... It was up off Eagle Glen pkwy and Spyglass park...

LaveyJet
08-10-2004, 03:05 PM
maybe a River Dave Mister? :cool:
I played a course in Palm Springs that had misters on the carts. Works good when the humidity is low. Kept having to wipe my sunglasses though.

Some Kind Of Monster
08-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Alright, I just got in mt truck and noticed that I left my glasses on the dash. The ear pads had melted off.. literally. ITS HOT!

uclahater
08-10-2004, 03:27 PM
110* TODAY :frown:
Cant wait to get there :) :)

Jrocket
08-10-2004, 04:24 PM
I was up in the 909 on Sunday, man is that place an armpit... From 18fwy/40th to vanburren, to corona, it was hot a hell and peeps were mean to boot.....
Then stay out!

slowinhavasuskid
08-10-2004, 05:46 PM
ok you cry babies try 115+ and humidity. :yuk:

anxious
08-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Tee time was at 2:21 today at Westridge. It was blistering hot!!!!!!

Bre
08-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Try being home all day with no AC :rolleyes:
I love the pool :)

JetBoatRich
08-10-2004, 07:23 PM
I hear it was 115 or so near Laughlin yesterday :) CBBB should be a hot event :jawdrop:

Ivan Dan
08-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Try being home all day with no AC :rolleyes:
I love the pool :)
You guys didn't get the A/C fixed yet? I thought you handled that a couple weeks ago.
You guys gonna make it to Havasu this weekend?

ROZ
08-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Then stay out! I try but someone has to go up there to take their money :D

HM
08-10-2004, 10:58 PM
San Bernagetto. :)

Bre
08-11-2004, 05:26 AM
You guys didn't get the A/C fixed yet? I thought you handled that a couple weeks ago.
You guys gonna make it to Havasu this weekend?
We got it fixed like 3 weeks ago..then it stopped blowing out cold air.... so I called the GAs Co guy again and he said there was a leak in the hose.... so for a week + it has been broken again.
No no Havasu for a long time.

lucky
08-11-2004, 05:34 AM
it's been running a buck up hear - and the lake still has tons of water - and i still don't have the row boat togther ( dam no garage flocker i -am ) the old mans jet is 60 miles away - i can take the heat - but i want water under my feet ... :) so you and andy bring youurrr boat and i willl let ya stay at my air conditioned hosienda while i go swimming off the eliminator :) :)

slowinhavasu
08-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Hey Bre, I do a little A/C work here in Havasu. I'm not sure I get the gas company connection ??? Anyway I think I have one A/C bro left down there in so cal., so let me know If you need me to give him a call.
As for as temps go, 117 ambient air around a working A/C unit, 140+ surface temp. Had to check after I burnt my leg.
I'll be on the roof of Queens bay at 06:00 to change out a unit, should be a KOOL 85 to 90....later

Bre
08-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Hey Bre, I do a little A/C work here in Havasu. I'm not sure I get the gas company connection ??? Anyway I think I have one A/C bro left down there in so cal., so let me know If you need me to give him a call.
As for as temps go, 117 ambient air around a working A/C unit, 140+ surface temp. Had to check after I burnt my leg.
I'll be on the roof of Queens bay at 06:00 to change out a unit, should be a KOOL 85 to 90....later
I went outside today once my back started dripping sweat :yuk: I unscrewed the top and took it off and took apart this thing that kinda looked like a wash tub and took the plastic trays and crap out of it then added some water...put it all back together and came back in the house to turn it on. Still no cold air. So I called Andy and yelled at him... didn't make me feel that much better... so I called a guy that Pat ( CEO ) refered me to. He is gonna come out tomorrow to look at it for me for $25 :p Then from there I will find out how much it's gonna cost :cry: Andy said he hopes I can pay him with my good looks :eek: :D So I guess that means I gotta put a bunch of make-up on tomorrow and a cute outfit :devil: Kids are gonna love this one :eek: :D ;) I will let you know if I might need you man in so cal. Thanks.

slowinhavasu
08-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Bre, I still don't get what kind of A/C this is, but give me a call if ya need to.... :cool:

Bre
08-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Bre, I still don't get what kind of A/C this is, but give me a call if ya need to.... :cool:
I'll take pics for you :D

rsoscia
08-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Bre sounds like you have a freon leak...i live in chino let me know if ya want me to come by and take a look

Hal
08-12-2004, 05:13 PM
I think she has a gas chiller. I did'nt think they made those any more. If they have a leak in a hose it must be a water leak in the supply or return line from the coil. Bre if you want I'll send a guy over to look at it for you guys and see what it is. We are in Corona so its close. Call me at Modernair 737-1792 No cost if we can't fix it and I'll give you a deal if we can. Hal

Bre
08-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Bre sounds like you have a freon leak...i live in chino let me know if ya want me to come by and take a look
It wasn't running yesterday....so while the kids we napping I went out side took the top off..... took apart the lil wash bin look alike inside and took the plastic pieces out added more water. Filled it up 4 or so inches past some pipe that lays sideways and it wouldn't get cold still. Andy thinks it's because it froze up. I go to turn it on today and we were frezzing.... so it worked good..... but then around 3pm it was running warm again. So there is a leak somewhere. Anyone wants to come by the house to look at it feel free too. A guy was suppose to come by. He is a friend of a friend.... he wasn't gonna charge shit except materials... but he never showed up. He does residential on the side. I guess he does the AM/PM and other gas stations AC's everyday. So if anyone can match what he was gonna do...and help us out let us know. If not.. I will wait for him :p Thanks guys.

Bre
08-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Sorry I forgot he was gonna charge us $25 to look at it..but only if he knew he could fix it :rollside: