PDA

View Full Version : Mattress Recommendations

Mandelon
08-10-2004, 03:24 PM
I keep waking up with a little back and shoulder pain. So I am thinking its time for a new mattress.
I was interested in one of those foam ones that are supposed to give you the best support.....I hear about the air spring ones on the radio, but I don't believe the hype.
Anyone have one of the foam ones or a similar experience lately?
Thanks. :p

HM
08-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Those temporpedic (swedish foam designed for NASA) are the bomb!!
Those select air comforts are supposedly good too.
We are getting one of those Temporpedics the next time my wife is pregnant.

topless
08-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Damn Mandelon, shoulder pain, back pain, tootsie roll farts.........if I didn't know better I'd say its about time to start with the Geritol. Sux gettin old. :eek:

mbrown2
08-10-2004, 03:55 PM
We are in the same boat too....My bro has the Temperpedic (sp??) and that thing is comfy,
My in-laws have the Duck Air one, and they swear by it, and if you have ever stayed in a Westin Hotel, then you have experienced the Heavenly Bed...they are the bomb....I am really having a tough time deciding....but the wife says just decides, cause our current sux...
Heavenly Bed (http://www.westin-hotelsathome.com/HeavenlyBed/bed.html#)
You can have it for only $2999.95... ;)

PHX ATC
08-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Three grand! Yeeeeouch! :jawdrop:
We stay at the Westin(s) whenever we go out of town and they aren't worth $3K. They are nice and all, but no friggin way would I shell out the dough for a mattress.
They are smoking dope.
Edit: I guess it does come with all the goodies that the ladies want, the duvet, the slip cover, the frillies, the pillows, etc....

mbrown2
08-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Yeah, that is for the whole bed...with all the stuff...I think 1300 for the mattress...

mbrown2
08-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Most of these other top of the line mattresses are in the 1300-1900 range...

PHX ATC
08-10-2004, 04:05 PM
I guess I should read the fine print before I mouth off. Ah, nothing unusual about that. :rolleyes:
Really, $1300 ain't too bad for a top o' the line mattress. I wonder how much they'd gouge you for shipping?

mbrown2
08-10-2004, 04:11 PM
I guess I should read the fine print before I mouth off. Ah, nothing unusual about that. :rolleyes:
Really, $1300 ain't too bad for a top o' the line mattress. I wonder how much they'd gouge you for shipping?
Just checked...shipping is included for the $2990...Hmmmm :idea: :idea: :D ;)
Dam what a tough decision...

Mandelon
08-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Damn Mandelon, shoulder pain, back pain, tootsie roll farts.........if I didn't know better I'd say its about time to start with the Geritol. Sux gettin old. :eek:
I need to go back to resting my head on your "pillows" maybe??? :) :boxed: :)
I know I look good, but I feel like hell.............LMAO :p

PHX ATC
08-10-2004, 04:18 PM
Just checked...shipping is included for the $2990...Hmmmm :idea: :idea: :D ;)
Dam what a tough decision...
Fire up the credit card. At least with all the frillies, you won't have to be drug along shopping for all that extra stuff. You can stay at home, relaxing on your new mattress!

Spotondl
08-10-2004, 04:27 PM
I remember when I was a little kid and it was the coolest thing to get new shoes... The first question outta my face was "will they make me run FASTER?"....
Jump ahead a few years and now I'm mattress shopping... First question outta my face... "will it make the luving that much better?"... :D :D :D
Not one mention of that factor here on this thread... Wazzup wit dat? Couldn't be a Geritol thing now could it? :frown: :frown: :frown:

Bryan Rose
08-10-2004, 04:41 PM
"Jammeson" 100% pure latex foam......
sleep well Mandelon.......................................... ..............................

Havasu Cig
08-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Memory cell foam matresses are the best I have slept on, but a good one is about 5k.

FunOnTheWater
08-10-2004, 06:10 PM
cushion for the pushin :D

Mandelon
08-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Geez I must be gettin old, having sex on it didn't even cross my mind. :eek:
I think the fancy foam will not squeak so much.....I hate wakin up the neighbors with all the bumpin......you know that 14 minutes might push em over the edge.... :D

Kilrtoy
08-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Found a serta we fell in love with, going to get it one of these days.
4K for the box and mattress

summerlove
08-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Just bought one of those sealy posterpedic's. about$3K for the big mattress bed andplatform. It is one of those pillowtops. Very comfy! Also, buy one of those foam pillows. Made a world of difference for me. A little difficult to get used to but then once you're dialed in, they're Greeeeat!

powerplay230
08-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Jump ahead a few years and now I'm mattress shopping... First question outta my face... "will it make the luving that much better?"...
Depends on how much you having restfull sleep 10 minutes later is? Ok I won't lie...5minutes. We have also looked at the Temporpedics or other Foam memories if they are as good..
Question, how long does it take to adjust to sleeping on one and do you really sleep longer between rolling over?
thks,
Rick

Mandelon
08-10-2004, 07:59 PM
I have an egg crate foam pillow that is good, provide good neck support. I herniated two discs in my neck wakeboarding two years ago and I needed it then. I have a super dee duper foam one too but it expands around my ears and plugs em up, so I can't really use it.....I know what a whiner... :cry:
But anyone who has had recurring back or neck pain knows what a bitch it can be.

Kilrtoy
08-10-2004, 08:01 PM
I herniated two discs in my neck
Stop lying,
That is from the wife bitch slapping you :jawdrop:

Mandelon
08-10-2004, 08:03 PM
You mean your wife or mine? I didn't think she'd told you about that.... :boxed:

Roxysnow
08-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Get a good matress because you live a 3rd of your life on the bed! Spare know expense and get the one you like! :D

KineticoH20
08-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Go try a Seally Crown Jewel it is awesome i liked it better than the temper-pedic.

HammerDown
08-11-2004, 09:18 AM
"We" as in you and the alligator ? :D

lucky
08-11-2004, 09:25 AM
after that tootsi roll thread - you should definetly get the "foam" you can sink your stinky ass down deep and shhhhwwwooosh can blame it on your wife .... :D

Essex502
08-11-2004, 10:17 AM
We bought a Stearns and Foster...it's the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on. Top of the line...two sided pillow top...Awesome.

Magnuman
08-11-2004, 12:21 PM
I buy a great deal of mattresses directly from the 4 Seasons Hotels for my clients. They have them custom made and are incredibly comfortable. They have two styles plush and pillow top. They run about $2000 for mattress and box spring.