PDA

View Full Version : Channel on Labor Day Weekend

Liquid Life
08-10-2004, 10:03 PM
What are the chances of getting a spot in the channel during Labor Day weekend? How early would you have to get there? ( before the sun?)

TRG
08-10-2004, 10:05 PM
just go and launch on wed. and dont leave your spot all weekend...you should be OK! :p
P.S. you might want to think about a respirator of some sort also!! :D
todd

unleashed
08-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Why on Earth would you want to hang out in the channel on Labor day?? You'll probably be sick after a couple of hours there. Even in the morning the CO2 is really bad. The channel will be full by 8am. I'd skip the channel and head to the mini sandbar. Have fun.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Liquid Life
08-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Definitely want to make a trip through the channel to check out the crazyness. Just wanted to know what it takes to stop there. Where is the mini sandbar?

moneypit
08-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Stay clear of the channel mess.... All it takes is one time through and you'll be done with it.. Hopefully you will be able get out of there before your eyes tear up from the oil mixed engines...Hit the Mini-bar....bring a camera

bear down
08-11-2004, 03:53 AM
If you want to be in the start of the channel you probably need to launch by 5am and just leave your boat there. If you launch by 6am. you'll end up right in the middle and if you launch at 6:30-6:45 you'll end up towards the end and anything after 7:45a.m. you're done.

Roxysnow
08-11-2004, 06:38 AM
If you want to be in the start of the channel you probably need to launch by 5am and just leave your boat there. If you launch by 6am. you'll end up right in the middle and if you launch at 6:30-6:45 you'll end up towards the end and anything after 7:45a.m. you're done.
True, True!!!! :(

Liquid Life
08-11-2004, 06:42 AM
Where is the mini sandbar?

34MagicOnHavasu
08-11-2004, 07:51 AM
i say in the channel by 6 a.m. on a holiday weekend.
does anybody know if they will allow overnight parking in the
channel on labor day weekend?
i know they outlawed it a couple years back, but i heard
a rumor that people are leaving their boats in the channel overnight
on the big weekends.

hava life
08-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Don't worry about parking :) Party all night and launch when you feel like it, that will be 1 less boat at 5 in the morning for me :D :D I just launch early then go to the channel and wait for the wife and whoever else is with us. We only stay in the channel until 11 or so, depends on if the wife is there buy then. I don't mind waiting in the channel for her I have a lot of fun watching ;)

34MagicOnHavasu
08-11-2004, 09:51 AM
i do the same thing, launch early, and wait for the wife. seems like a trend

hava life
08-11-2004, 10:03 AM
As far as tickets. Since I got 1 last year on 4th of July I do not leave the boat at the channel. Also look at the crowd after dark I don't want to take a chance having something stolen. Not that everyone is a bad person so don't take that the wrong way. Just look at some threads about the Nautical.

phebus
08-11-2004, 10:18 AM
As far as tickets. Since I got 1 last year on 4th of July I do not leave the boat at the channel. Also look at the crowd after dark I don't want to take a chance having something stolen. Not that everyone is a bad person so don't take that the wrong way. Just look at some threads about the Nautical.
We partied on your boat all night long last year after you left. I was really surprised when they put that ticket on there. :D J/K :D

hava life
08-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Hell thats where all the beer went :)