PDA

View Full Version : Needled Marina

JEFF-N-MICHELLE
08-11-2004, 03:02 AM
Hows it going out here in h/b world.
new one here anybody going to be out at needles marina this weekendWill be out 1st time going there some friends of ours have been going there for 10 plus years and store a trailer out there,ANyone a reg out there

Mr.Havasu
08-11-2004, 06:10 AM
Hows it going out here in h/b world.
new one here anybody going to be out at needles marina this weekendWill be out 1st time going there some friends of ours have been going there for 10 plus years and store a trailer out there,ANyone a reg out there
There is going to be a get together on the beach at the AVI this week end called CBBB should be some nice boats to check out if you make it up that way.
Welcome to the boards!

KingCole
08-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Needles is cool. Just be careful going up river out of the marina, when the water is low. There are a few shallow spots.

OGShocker
08-11-2004, 06:42 AM
There is going to be a get together on the beach at the AVI this week end called CBBB should be some nice boats to check out if you make it up that way.
Welcome to the boards!
What you doing awake at this hour? ;)
Are you going to cbbb? I am trying to get the boat to B&D this week so we can go boating. Might just have to zoom up to Avi.

OGShocker
08-11-2004, 06:43 AM
J&M,
Welcome to the JUNGLE!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-11-2004, 07:04 AM
What you doing awake at this hour? ;)
Are you going to cbbb? I am trying to get the boat to B&D this week so we can go boating. Might just have to zoom up to Avi.
Be careful North of the Needles bridge with a deep v.

OGShocker
08-11-2004, 07:05 AM
Be careful North of the Needles bridge with a deep v.
Thanks, I will not follow SCREAM...LOL

Big_Gunz_
08-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Welcome aboard JEFF-N-MICHELLE

Debbolas
08-11-2004, 08:16 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01448-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01452-med.JPG
Yes, welcome to Hot Boat!! We suffered this damage to our boat, going above the Needles Bridge before 11am on a Thursday. :cry: :cry:
We were trying to scope out the river up to the AVI for the CBBB, which is this weekend :jawdrop:
Obviously, we will not be attending the CBBB this weekend :rolleyes:
But we will be hangin in the channel and making a "Beer Run" to the Sandbar for all my thirsty CBBB buddies :D
Hope to see you out there and be carefull!! ;)

RiverToysJas
08-11-2004, 08:38 AM
Needles Suxs! Parker is much much better, you should check it out!!! ;)
We keep our trailer and boat at Needles. We stay at Needles Marina pretty often. We'll be at the Avi for the CBBB this weekend, but I MIGHT launch at Needles on Sunday.
I'm getting more and more comfortable boating north of the bridge, but you need to be careful up there with an I/O.
Put up a photo of your boat, so we can watch out for ya! My Lavey is in my signature. ;)
RTJas :D

TheLurker
08-11-2004, 08:56 AM
Local knowledge is definitely a plus when going north of the Needles Bridge.
There are a few places where it gets shallow but if you stay in the correct section passing by them you can get up to Laughlin. The time of the day and time of year also make a big difference in the water depth.

hava life
08-11-2004, 09:28 AM
We went past the Needles bridge 2 weeks ago. Made it about 2 miles then got chicken. It gets real shallow and don't forget the water level is always changing during the day, what you make it through an hour later you might not. Same with the marina, you might launch with no problem then come back and have to walk the boat in.