PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Ultra

Rubths
08-11-2004, 07:31 AM
My nieghbor at fishers landing went out last friday night to find his 2003 22" Ultra gone. The boat trailer was locked up sitting next to there trailer and someone cut the lock and took it away between Wed and Fri. There is no other 22 closed bow in these colors so it shouldnt be hard to spot.
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/674Scotts_boat2-med.jpg

jdogginla
08-11-2004, 01:35 PM
That sux ass........Hope he had insurance.

Rubths
08-12-2004, 06:56 AM
That sux ass........Hope he had insurance.
Im sure it was but not sure if it would be enough to replace this boat :frown:

moneysucker
08-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Same thing happened during the week to my neighbor on the point at Fishers. His CP was stolen the same way. I hope they catch these bastards. The CP was found in Harbison Canyon stripped. Does anyone know if it is possible to get lo Jack on a boat. I am very interested in a way to get my boat back if something like this happens.

GreatWhite007
08-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Is this another one of those 'Look for this boat' fiascos'? Then we will be told nevermind, we don't want to know.?????
Sorry after the last cry of wolf, I will keep an eye out, but not go out of my way....
GreatWhite

THOR
08-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Is this another one of those 'Look for this boat' fiascos'? Then we will be told nevermind, we don't want to know.?????
Sorry after the last cry of wolf, I will keep an eye out, but not go out of my way....
GreatWhite
Dont be a tool, the guy had his boat stolen.

Rubths
08-12-2004, 08:18 PM
GreatWhite
Give me an effing break, Maybe you need to experiance driving 3 hours to your river pad only to show up and find the boat you have worked your asss off for missing.

jdogginla
08-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Same thing happened during the week to my neighbor on the point at Fishers. His CP was stolen the same way. I hope they catch these bastards. The CP was found in Harbison Canyon stripped. Does anyone know if it is possible to get lo Jack on a boat. I am very interested in a way to get my boat back if something like this happens.
I wouldn't see why not? Actually a pretty good idea!

Racer277
08-13-2004, 03:54 PM
I thought lojack only works in the big metro areas (la/oc). Please inform if that is not the case.
R277

riverbound
08-13-2004, 05:00 PM
The problem with lojack is you have to know the vehicle was stolen to activate the system. We sell a similar system called Boomerang that works the same way but if the vehicle is moved w/ out the key fob in the vehicle it is instantly activiated. i have done a few of these in boats. It is possible there are just a few things that have to be done to make it work. here is there website Boomerang theft recovery (http://www.boomerangtracking.com)
I have installed many of these systems and have been much happier with them than when I was selling and installing lojack.

Kilrtoy
08-13-2004, 08:07 PM
The problem with LOJACK is the police have to have the system, NOT MANY POLICE departments have them..... So they are worthless in alot of ways....

moneysucker
08-13-2004, 08:19 PM
The problem with lojack is you have to know the vehicle was stolen to activate the system. We sell a similar system called Boomerang that works the same way but if the vehicle is moved w/ out the key fob in the vehicle it is instantly activiated. i have done a few of these in boats. It is possible there are just a few things that have to be done to make it work. here is there website Boomerang theft recovery (http://www.boomerangtracking.com)
I have installed many of these systems and have been much happier with them than when I was selling and installing lojack.
This works in the US the site looked mostly for canada. Around how much is it? I don't care if the cops can track it. I would rather find it my self first. Then call the cops when I am done. :hammerhea

ORSpectra20
08-13-2004, 08:27 PM
The BOOMERANG site says 25' or larger boats. Is there a reason they will not fit the smaller jets??? :chi:

vandeanoo
08-14-2004, 12:29 AM
I feel for the guy who got his boat stolen :( . Labor Day will be my 1 year anniversary when mine got stolen right in front of my house during lunch time. No insurance. Never found. Even though its been almost a year it still makes me sick thinking about the bastard who took it. I hope it cost him just as much as it cost me to keep it running. The money I saved from not having a boat was unbelievable :eek: . I saved so much I went out and bought another boat about a month ago. :2purples:

riverbound
08-14-2004, 08:13 AM
This works in the US the site looked mostly for canada. Around how much is it? I don't care if the cops can track it. I would rather find it my self first. Then call the cops when I am done. :hammerhea
The company started and is based in Canada. They are now in the US also and being that they have their own trackers they arent relying on the police depts. to have the tracking equipment in the police cruisers. I went out with one of the guys once to recover a car and we found the car with in 30 mins of the car being stolen.

riverbound
08-14-2004, 08:15 AM
The BOOMERANG site says 25' or larger boats. Is there a reason they will not fit the smaller jets??? :chi:
I know someone who has one in his Spectra 18 ;) and it works fine. I think they are afraid of it getting wet. Size of the vehicle does not make a difference.