PDA

View Full Version : Magic Help

OLLMAN
04-08-2006, 04:23 PM
My son told me to come here for some boat advise. I have had my share of boats including a tunnel. Now i need room for the Grandkids. I'm looking at the Magic 28 deck with the Ilmor 625 loaded. Not really interested in any other Mfg. maybe conquest, the one with 2 captian's chairs. Please give me the good, bad and ugly.
Thank you,
Ollman

al cole'holic
04-08-2006, 04:29 PM
..whats the $ tag on that boat?? :)

JB in so cal
04-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Another one: where, primarily will you use it? Western states or?

Ivan Dan
04-08-2006, 04:40 PM
My son told me to come here for some boat advise. I have had my share of boats including a tunnel. Now i need room for the Grandkids. I'm looking at the Magic 28 deck with the Ilmor 625 loaded. Not really interested in any other Mfg. maybe conquest, the one with 2 captian's chairs. Please give me the good, bad and ugly.
Thank you,
Ollman
I would seriously consider Conquest if I was you. Contact Keith E. Sayre here in the boards he is a salesman for Conquest and a great guy.
PM me if you want to hear about my experience with Magic.

OLLMAN
04-08-2006, 04:42 PM
This will be the last boat for us. Will use it on the parker strip 90% the time the other 10% is when my son sneaks out. With all the bells and whistles their asking 130k. That is not my concern we all know what they say over the phone. Thank you very much for your help

mike37
04-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Thank you,
Ollman
I think that the set up NashvilleBound has and he can give you some info
both are nice boats
if it were me I think id go with the conquest

mike37
04-08-2006, 04:48 PM
try this thread (http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81094&highlight=Magic+28+deck+Ilmor+625)

JB in so cal
04-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I asked my question because you want to be able to get the motor serviced; won't be a problem.
I have nothing but positive things to say about Magic. I've had my boat since July '04 and had it serviced by the Magic people a few times. If there's a weak spot, it's just getting the boat in as there are alot of 'em and space is limited. My boat is there right now for some minor warranty and other stuff.
The boat handles Havasu (and Parker, these days) chop easily and looks great, in my oppinion.
I don't think you will go wrong with either boat; just depends on which you prefer.
Have you looked into the (in house) motors they offer? Not the name brand of the Ilmor, but they back it up with a great warranty.
Have fun with your search.

OLLMAN
04-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Wow i cannot believe the response this board is giving me. I'm not the quickest at this email board. Can that package get lively?? Meaning, dos it pack air? Does it rattle, squeak? Any other I should look at? How about the DCB deck boat?

mike37
04-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Wow i cannot believe the response this board is giving me. I'm not the quickest at this email board. Can that package get lively?? Meaning, dos it pack air? Does it rattle, squeak? Any other I should look at? How about the DCB deck boat?
give every one a chance to get back from the weekend and you will have lots more comments it may take a couple of days
best advice any one can give you is get a ride in every boat you are interested in and it needs to be one with the same power you are looking at
different power makes the boat react different

Sean@magic
04-08-2006, 06:12 PM
You need to do your research and take in everyone's opinion. Check them both out take them both for a ride. See which is going to be best for what you want it for. Feel free and stop in anytime to check us out. Magic is open for sales and service 7 days a week. Good luck and I'm sure you'll be very happy with either one.
Sean
Magic Powerboats
(951)490-8995

JB in so cal
04-08-2006, 06:30 PM
If you're gonna throw 600+hp into a family-style deck boat, you better drive one with similar power prior to buying one. I know that anything above 60 mph is flat out uncomfortable for anyone but the driver/front seater.
Now if you're putting all of that hp to get a VERY heavy (meaning lots of people) load going?....
My boat is a little rattle prone, especially if I come off a wake and get some air, but you gotta remember, you've got upwards of 10+ hatches, seats, and doors that are hinged.
Again. Drive a boat with similar power to what you seek and then make your decision.

riverroyal
04-08-2006, 06:58 PM
If you're gonna throw 600+hp into a family-style deck boat, you better drive one with similar power prior to buying one. I know that anything above 60 mph is flat out uncomfortable for anyone but the driver/front seater.
Now if you're putting all of that hp to get a VERY heavy (meaning lots of people) load going?....
My boat is a little rattle prone, especially if I come off a wake and get some air, but you gotta remember, you've got upwards of 10+ hatches, seats, and doors that are hinged.
Again. Drive a boat with similar power to what you seek and then make your decision.
mine doesnt rattle at all,maybe you spilled lube on the floor during the party....Go with a 525,its plenty for a deck

NashvilleBound
04-08-2006, 07:09 PM
mine doesnt rattle at all,maybe you spilled lube on the floor during the party....Go with a 525,its plenty for a deck
Come on Dorkus...play nice now...........

JB in so cal
04-08-2006, 07:19 PM
You must be delusional after your long drive. I thought maybe Toby would have gone with your to keep you awake. :220v: :220v:

riverroyal
04-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Come on Dorkus...play nice now...........
Im just bitter after mile 600 mile round trip to Havasu and back,,,which was packed!!!!!.....JB,find me a cart!

JB in so cal
04-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Im just bitter after mile 600 mile round trip to Havasu and back,,,which was packed!!!!!.....JB,find me a cart!
Do I get a finder's fee? I know a place that'll be perfect for you: Rainbow Carts in Corona. Stock. Lifted. Whatever.
Fag!

riverroyal
04-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Do I get a finder's fee? I know a place that'll be perfect for you: Rainbow Carts in Corona. Stock. Lifted. Whatever.
Fag!
are me Fing with me?

JB in so cal
04-08-2006, 07:30 PM
are me Fing with me?
They are kinda close to the Magic shop. 2nd exit east of the 15.
Buy that mega-stretched limo cart...like $8000; you're a baller, do it!

riverroyal
04-08-2006, 07:34 PM
They are kinda close to the Magic shop. 2nd exit east of the 15.
Buy that mega-stretched limo cart...like $8000; you're a baller, do it!
3500 max,,,,for 5 grand they are everywhere in havasu,rainbow has a few,queer

JB in so cal
04-08-2006, 07:36 PM
3500 max,,,,for 5 grand they are everywhere in havasu,rainbow has a few,queer
I'll sell you mine for $5K. I'll deliver AND leave a turd in the glove box!! No extra charge.
Pillow biter!

riverroyal
04-08-2006, 08:02 PM
I'll sell you mine for $5K. I'll deliver AND leave a turd in the glove box!! No extra charge.
Pillow biter!
you can crap on the steering wheel,I can buy a new one

JB in so cal
04-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Ain't it perty'?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2271Cart_1.jpg

OLLMAN
04-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Mike 37 thank you for the link. As i wa reading thru it, I was wondering why the other person had problem with the magic porposiong? Is this a problem with the magic hull?

JB in so cal
04-10-2006, 09:48 AM
I've never had an issue with porpoising regardless of load

OutCole'd
04-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Mike 37 thank you for the link. As i wa reading thru it, I was wondering why the other person had problem with the magic porposiong? Is this a problem with the magic hull?
It's funny. I had someone tell me about that before.
My boat has absolutely NO tendencie to porpose at all. It is the same bottom as many other deck boats out there, so if the Magic did, most others would also.

mike37
04-10-2006, 10:09 AM
I don't think there is a problem with there hull
it may be setup on a particular boat that makes it happen
I do know a lot of cats will porpoise on smooth water at certain speeds but its all in how you use your boat sometimes
best advice I can give you is
find all the boats you like
reed up on all the pros and cons you can find on them
get a test rid in them all and be sure to get rids in ones with the same power you are looking at
on your test drives run all the boats threw all the negative condition you have found see for your self how things work on each boat what you like and don't like
thats the best way to make your choice

MR HARLEY
04-10-2006, 10:14 AM
How about the DCB deck boat?
That would be my choice, but I think you may need to go to twins.
Or
Try looking at the Trident Deck Boat ask for Wes, or the Conquest and talk to Keith Sayre here on the boards, he is a great guy to deal with and talk about boats.
Sean at Magic is great start at magic to speak with.
We have A DCB F-29 full walk-thru with a single Viper motor (625) and we couldnt be more happier with it and the performance it puts out in our boat. There is no porpoise at all in our boat.
All in all get what you feel is best.
Welcome aboard!

sigepmock
04-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Don't forget the Howard Deck boat. Saw one in Havasu last weekend....great looking boat and great reviews....
My wife and I have been looking at deck boats. Before we buy we'll ride in the Magic, the Conquest, the Howard, hopefully the Trident , and if Ultra ever finishes it their deck boat :crossx:
Definately lots of good boats to look at, all with their pros and cons. The only thing I really worry about with the Magic, is the fact that they've grown so fast in the last few years and I think they get a little over whelmed at times trying to get boats out and the quality suffers just a bit. That's just my $.02.
Good luck,
Chris

Sean@magic
04-10-2006, 12:46 PM
That would be my choice, but I think you may need to go to twins.
Or
Try looking at the Trident Deck Boat ask for Wes, or the Conquest and talk to Keith Sayre here on the boards, he is a great guy to deal with and talk about boats.
Sean at Magic is great start at magic to speak with.
We have A DCB F-29 full walk-thru with a single Viper motor (625) and we couldnt be more happier with it and the performance it puts out in our boat. There is no porpoise at all in our boat.
All in all get what you feel is best.
Welcome aboard!
Thanks Craig. Look forward to seeing you out there all summer.

Not So Fast
04-10-2006, 05:42 PM
the only report of a porpoise I have ever heard about was the 2003 Powerboat test of a 28 Magic Deck down river at Parker. They said when they approached the top speed which as I remember was around 100mph (had an inhouse motor of about 800hp??) they noticed a little porpoise. Thats all I have ever heard mentioned and thats way too FAST in a deck boat anyway IMO. You can still find the test on Powerboat online. Check your PM's OK :D NSF

Phat Matt
04-10-2006, 05:51 PM
I hear these guys make a nice deck boat.
www.eticketboats.com
:D

Buster
04-10-2006, 05:53 PM
www.eticketboats.com
Your not bias now, are you Matt?
ETicket does make a sweet deck boat...

NashvilleBound
04-10-2006, 05:58 PM
www.eticketboats.com
Couple small changes and I would order one tomorrow...........

OLLMAN
04-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Thank you all for the response. You guys are all great. I'll let you know what I get. Have a safe summer an watch out for the darn life jackets that say RENTAL on it.

havasu5150
04-10-2006, 07:36 PM
I am very happy with my 2006 Conquest Top Cat II.
they redesigned the hull for 2006 the ride is excellent. The fit and finish is top of the line.
Like others have stated talk to Keith at Conquest, you will not be disappointed.

Froggystyle
04-11-2006, 09:59 AM
I would definitely look at the E-ticket after this weekend. We got to party next to Matt and Jen quite a bit and it is a really beautiful, well put together boat to be sure.
With grandkids and Parker to take into consideration, I would think that our boat with the jet drive might be right up your alley. We will be heading to Parker here in the next couple of weeks, and I would be happy to give you a test drive and let you see what it is like with the big motor and dual jets. Matt can let you in on the accelleration I imagine... ;)
Keith at Conquest is another person you must talk to for sure. Conquest built my favorite deck boat (other than ours of course ;) ) until I sat in Matt's E-ticket. Plus, Keith is one of only a couple of people I would recommend to buy a boat from. He is a great, ethical guy who really has the interests of the buyer at heart.
That would be as far as my list went though. If you test all three of these boats with power like you are looking for, I think you will find your next boat.