PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinions

Advantage Adam
08-11-2004, 04:46 PM
I apologize upfront for posting a non-boating issue.
I am a wholesale distributor for after market truck/car accessories. I am trying new marketing stategies and would like to know what after market products that you would buy for your everyday driving vehicle as well as your towing vehicle.
I want to feature "popular items" that would get peoples attention. (i.e.)
Power Programmers
Lift Kits
Exhausts
Pulleys
Air Flow Management Products.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Adam

CrazyHippy
08-11-2004, 05:04 PM
The trouble w/ that sorta stuff is everyone and their brother is selling it now...
I've done exhaust, and intake, planning a programmer, injectors and a bigger turbo.
No interest in a lift kit... If i want to go off road, i'll build another Jeep.
BJH

Jrocket
08-11-2004, 05:30 PM
I apologize upfront for posting a non-boating issue.
I am a wholesale distributor for after market truck/car accessories. I am trying new marketing stategies and would like to know what after market products that you would buy for your everyday driving vehicle as well as your towing vehicle.
I want to feature "popular items" that would get peoples attention. (i.e.)
Power Programmers
Lift Kits
Exhausts
Pulleys
Air Flow Management Products.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Adam
Really saturated market there,but best of luck to ya.Going to be hard to pull a profit unless you have very low overhead and even then you will need to have such low prices to compete with internet sales.Going to be tuff,

Phat Matt
08-11-2004, 05:49 PM
How do you plan on advertising these "popular items"?

Some Kind Of Monster
08-11-2004, 05:54 PM
I am always interested in all of the above, especially if you can offer a high quality product at a lower cost..

Jrocket
08-11-2004, 05:55 PM
How do you plan on advertising these "popular items"?
Ohhh I see where your going with that question,nice plug,nice indeed! :D

Phat Matt
08-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Ohhh I see where your going with that question,nice plug,nice indeed! :D
I haven't plugged anything yet. :) But I am always willing to give out some marketing advice.

Jrocket
08-11-2004, 06:35 PM
I haven't plugged anything yet. :) But I am always willing to give out some marketing advice.
YET! cant blame a guy for trying to sell it.Whats air time going to cost this poor guy? :)

Phat Matt
08-11-2004, 07:02 PM
YET! cant blame a guy for trying to sell it.Whats air time going to cost this poor guy? :)
It's not a cost, it's an investment. Other than the stations I work for, I also own an advertising agency. Plus, advice will cost you nothing. But If I can help you make money and get a return on your investment, well then, we all win. :)

Advantage Adam
08-12-2004, 09:31 AM
I do all my sales over the internet or word of mouth. I would say that 80% of the business is on Ebay. Suprisingly, I get such a discount on the product, that it's not hard for me to push my product.
The problem that I have, is I don't know what items are in demand. For example; Someone buys a deisel truck, would that person be interested in a Programmer? That is what I am wondering.
I can list a bunch of product on line, but I would like to list items that have a good chance to sell the first time around.

lucky
08-12-2004, 09:52 AM
I do all my sales over the internet or word of mouth. I would say that 80% of the business is on Ebay. Suprisingly, I get such a discount on the product, that it's not hard for me to push my product.
The problem that I have, is I don't know what items are in demand. For example; Someone buys a deisel truck, would that person be interested in a Programmer? That is what I am wondering.
I can list a bunch of product on line, but I would like to list items that have a good chance to sell the first time around.
a thread called fix my junk ... ya know fix my stuff and i'll tell my buddies