PDA

View Full Version : Funny how Arizona Law.....

bear down
08-12-2004, 07:14 AM
Requires a License to purchase alcohol. I always carry my wife's ID with me so when we go out and drink she does not need to bring her purse or license. At times she forgets her purse or license at home when we go to Havausu and when that happens she could never go get beer and at times when carded can't drink beer nor get into Kokomo's. That law just irritates me and here is the funny part. I am a pro-immigrant person because of my background but this really confuses me. My wife can't purchase liquor anywhere in Arizona with her California I.D. but if she has a "Border Crosser" id Card or has a Immigration Card "Green Card" she can buy booze. GO Figure. I saw this requirement at the Bashas store and was totally floored.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-12-2004, 08:01 AM
I here ya.. it baffles me on how the hubby and I can walk into a store to buy beer and they require both of us to show ID.. I don't get it.. will they sell it to me if I had my kids with me.. :idea: :rolleyes:

Keithb87
08-12-2004, 08:33 AM
.. will they sell it to me if I had my kids with me.. :idea: :rolleyes:
Not if they think that you would be irresponsible enough to give it to the kids..
I've bought with my 4 year old with no problems, but my 14 year old son they sometimes won't sell.. Go Figure :eek:

Keithb87
08-12-2004, 08:58 AM
:confused: Who knows... It's actully up to the cashier as to weather or not he / she feels comfortable that you will drink responsibly..
:rolleyes: If you are even slightly intoxicated, they can also refuse to sell to you.... :rolleyes:
:yuk: Something about Public Intixocation laws :yuk:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-12-2004, 09:07 AM
How did you guys wind up with this law?? This sounds like the way laws in Ca work out....
you have to remember.. az is a following state.. they are still in the 80's.. LOL!! :D :D

91nordic29
08-12-2004, 09:14 AM
actually, the state the driver's license is from isnt an issue:
4-241. Selling or giving liquor to underage person; illegally obtaining liquor by underage person; violation; classification
A. A licensee, an employee or any other person who questions or has reason to question whether or not a person ordering, purchasing, attempting to purchase or otherwise procuring or attempting to procure the serving or delivery of spirituous liquor is under the legal drinking age shall require the person to exhibit a written instrument of identification and may require the person on a card to be retained by the licensee to sign the person's name, the date, and the number of such identification. The following written instruments are the only acceptable types of identification:
1. An unexpired driver license issued by any state or Canada, provided such license includes a picture of the licensee.
2. A nonoperating identification license issued pursuant to section 28-3165.
3. An armed forces identification card.
the las few years, if you look under 35, they will card you. NEVER happens to me :(

Stupid Fast
08-12-2004, 09:15 AM
:confused: Who knows... It's actully up to the cashier as to weather or not he / she feels comfortable that you will drink responsibly..
:rolleyes: If you are even slightly intoxicated, they can also refuse to sell to you.... :rolleyes:
:yuk: Something about Public Intixocation laws :yuk:
HUH? So you have to have a designated beer runner to? I could see myself getting quite angry about that!

Keithb87
08-12-2004, 09:18 AM
:idea: We just make sure to have enough to last the duration :idea:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-12-2004, 09:34 AM
you should just buy a kegavator.. they are great.. :D :D

Stupid Fast
08-12-2004, 09:39 AM
you should just buy a kegavator.. they are great.. :D :D
They don't hold Captain Morgan... :frown:
There are some benifits to living in the mid west!

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-12-2004, 09:40 AM
They don't hold Captain Morgan... :frown:
There are some benifits to living in the mid west!
you can always rig up a little one to hold a couple gals.. LOL!! :p :) :)

Essex502
08-12-2004, 10:37 AM
The wife and I have never been asked for a license when we buy booze in AZ which is every other weekend....maybe 'cause we're OLD? ;)

Ziggy
08-12-2004, 11:32 AM
I here ya.. it baffles me on how the hubby and I can walk into a store to buy beer and they require both of us to show ID.. I don't get it.. will they sell it to me if I had my kids with me.. :idea: :rolleyes:
From what I heard too, is that its legal for kids to be in the Bar with you in AZ....anyone know of this?

fourspeednup
08-12-2004, 11:58 AM
From what I heard too, is that its legal for kids to be in the Bar with you in AZ....anyone know of this?
After 10 PM :yuk:

AZmike
08-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Bashas and Fry's markets are difficult when it comes to buying booze. Fry's actually wants two id's. I like to screw with them and give em my AZ license and my CA license since it hasn't expired yet.... :D

Boozer
08-12-2004, 12:09 PM
If it's any consolation I have had several bars out here refuse to serve me because I have an out of state drivers license. They say that if you don't have a California Drivers License they wont serve you. Kind of crazy if you ask me but whatever I guess. Arizona didnt give me a hard time about it.