PDA

View Full Version : Babysat by the boss

MsDrmr
08-12-2004, 09:53 AM
God help me, here is the deal. Boss gets mad if we have lunch before we make a sale, can't leave the bldng to grab a drink, cant take a lunch away from the desk, should'nt go to the bathroom, and god forbid we speak to each other in the office without him comming in here and yelling "god damn it, what is this a holiday", get on the phone girls...sales girls, and swearing, constantly saying he is gonna fire us if we don't stop talking and so forth....I just wanta scream and at times just want to get up and walk out..what would you do?

Jetdriver
08-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Tell him to **** himself and leave!

MRS FLYIN VEE
IMO I would find a new job.. what an ass.. :jawdrop:

Mr.Havasu
start looking for a better work enviornment. The stress isn't worth it.
There is always something better out there, you just have to go for it.
Hang in there!

Ziggy
08-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Make a sale... :D
It may be irratating but thats his job to make sales happen...some folks are just more tactful than others at it. ;)
Finding another job is always an option too I suppose

coolchange
08-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Sorry but someone needs to set him straight. You are required by law to have breaks and lunch and all to minimun standard. You need to check the labor board site and give them a call. You want to see him do the pee pee dance just wait till someone from the labor board introduces themselves at the door. :jawdrop:

ROZ
08-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Can't go to the bathroom befor eyou make a sale? Pee on the floor at your desk....
Where do you work? Sweat shop in china town?

THOR
08-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Go to lunch, leave early, etc. Tell that guy to go **** himself. Look for another job. Nothing is worth that.

lucky
08-12-2004, 10:10 AM
Can't go to the bathroom befor eyou make a sale? Pee on the floor at your desk....
Where do you work? Sweat shop in china town?
ya then order a lobster fest and have it delivered - on the company - ohh and wear somthing low cut so he stares at the"sisters " and catch him staring at them so you can say hey - what are you looking at mr sexual harrasment lmao - boy that was bad huh ...
this is all in humor and in no way to be taken seriously
( in case my boss is watching) lol its a joke

Froggystyle
08-12-2004, 10:17 AM
This is weird, but since I have owned my own business, and started hiring and managing labor I have adopted a whole new mentality towards labor complaints.
Realistically, you are not being paid to talk to co-workers. You are being paid to make phone sales I imagine. Your boss probably has very little interaction with you in person, so if every time he comes out you are chit-chatting with one another, that could very much skew his version of what is getting done every day.
Also consider whether or not sales goals are being met. If not, he is probably under pressure to improve and remedy the situation. If he sees the labor force not as committed to improvement as the management is, there will likely be a change in the labor force before there is a management change.
Not all managers are very well equipped for the jobs either. Bad communication skills, worse habits etc... This makes it tough to take them seriously or see what their actual goals are.
I always try to make my expectations clear to anyone working for me, or I am working for. This clears up a lot of bad attitudes initially. If you are meeting his expectations, tell him to step off, or go around him. If you are not, or if his expectations are unachievable (rare) then you need to re-define acceptable so you can be happy with your workplace.
I am not saying he is right or wrong, just stating that there are always two sides.
I could go on and on about this for hours. The bottom line is, I wouldn't get too snippy about it. Odds are good that he isn't looking to fire someone for lack of performance, but if someone were to make an ultimatum, they probably wouldn't have a job much longer.

MsDrmr
08-12-2004, 10:18 AM
ya then order a lobster fest and have it delivered - on the company - ohh and wear somthing low cut so he stares at the"sisters " and catch him staring at them so you can say hey - what are you looking at mr sexual harrasment lmao - boy that was bad huh ...
this is all in humor and in no way to be taken seriously
( in case my boss is watching) lol its a joke
Ya think,, :D
He is an older man in his 70's and when he is not being like this he is actually a good boss, but when sales are down throughout the offices boy do we get the brunt of it. It can be difficult to take

Froggystyle
08-12-2004, 10:21 AM
On second thought, after reading your post again, it sounds like he is being unfair too. You are allowed an unpaid lunch for an 8 hour work day, and two paid 15 minute breaks.
I would keep the talking to the breaks and lunch, or if you are getting paid to eat lunch at your desk, and not working 8 hours I would probably deal with it.
Not enough info...

Desert Rat
08-12-2004, 10:24 AM
In your best Demi Moore voice tell him to SUCK YOUR D!CK

topless
08-12-2004, 10:42 AM
It's not that bad, he just likes to be number one and usually we are. Sales are sales and you are only as good as your last one. It will always be that way. Our boss is actually great but she is right, he can be a bitch too. I just brush it off or ask him if he wants me to go home. He backs off. We do take lunches but he just doesn't like it. Oh well, I wouldn't trade my job. We get alot of freedom for example, if we need to leave early or come in late he's OK with it. If we need a day off to go to the river for example, he's ok with that too. Mrsdrmr won't quit either or I'll kick her ass! :D

MsDrmr
08-12-2004, 10:45 AM
It's not that bad, he just likes to be number one and usually we are. Sales are sales and you are only as good as your last one. It will always be that way. Our boss is actually great but she is right, he can be a bitch too. I just brush it off or ask him if he wants me to go home. He backs off. We do take lunches but he just doesn't like it. Oh well, I wouldn't trade my job. We get alot of freedom for example, if we need to leave early or come in late he's OK with it. If we need a day off to go to the river for example, he's ok with that too. Mrsdrmr won't quit either or I'll kick her ass! :D
No no desire to quit, just a desire to be left alone sometimes when he gets in his mood. I agree like I said above, he is usually a good boss and most of the time I enjoy my job. and as for you "horse show rider" well....I am afraid of you. :eek:

topless
08-12-2004, 10:47 AM
No no desire to quit, just a desire to be left alone sometimes when he gets in his mood. I agree like I said above, he is usually a good boss and most of the time I enjoy my job. and as for you "horse show rider" well....I am afraid of you. :eek:
I got your horse show right here! LMAO

MsDrmr
08-12-2004, 11:02 AM
I got your horse show right here! LMAO
do I sence sarcasm?????

Boozer
08-12-2004, 11:05 AM
If you don't like the way you're being treated then find another place to work. If you like freedom and working under little to no supervision then get into outside sales. The money in outside sales is great and if you need a few days off for whatever reason as long as you have met and exceeded your quota (after all thats thats what you're there to do)you can take them. However, if your sales are down you wont have a babysitter you will get maybe 2 months of crappy sales and you will be out of a job.
Some people need to be babysat and some people dont, which are you?

Brady Bunch
08-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Go to lunch, leave early, etc. Tell that guy to go **** himself. Look for another job. Nothing is worth that.
Exactly, and when he fires you, personally sue him for wrongful termination, pain and suffering. Then get the John/John campaign to sue everybody else! :eek: :D

topless
08-12-2004, 11:13 AM
He won't fire her or anyone. Remember, we have the guy with the tattoo on his forehead who comes in at 11:00 or 12:00 when he does show up. He still has a job.

Scream
08-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Sorry but someone needs to set him straight. You are required by law to have breaks and lunch and all to minimun standard. You need to check the labor board site and give them a call. You want to see him do the pee pee dance just wait till someone from the labor board introduces themselves at the door. :jawdrop:
You are granted by law 1 break of 10 minutes paid from work every 2 hours of time on the job. You are granted by law 1 30 minute lunch period unpaid in an 8 hour shift. The "boss" cannot restrict your access to the bathroom to breaks and lunch, mainly because most people cannot hold it that long and it will/could cause a medical problem.
Now, if he want's to be a total prick, which sounds to me like he is already, he can state IN YOU EMPLOYEE MANUAL that all breaks and lunch time to be take at end of shift, and that may be ok with the labor relations board, but that's sticky...
It doesn't sound like you have that good of a place to work IMO. A lot of people go through thier day putting up with that same horse shit and don't realize that there's more to life than getting kicked in the junk by some asshole that can't hold his tounge...
Scream

Ziggy
08-12-2004, 11:27 AM
This is weird, but since I have owned my own business, and started hiring and managing labor I have adopted a whole new mentality towards labor complaints.
Realistically, you are not being paid to talk to co-workers. You are being paid to make phone sales I imagine. Your boss probably has very little interaction with you in person, so if every time he comes out you are chit-chatting with one another, that could very much skew his version of what is getting done every day.
Also consider whether or not sales goals are being met. If not, he is probably under pressure to improve and remedy the situation. If he sees the labor force not as committed to improvement as the management is, there will likely be a change in the labor force before there is a management change.
Not all managers are very well equipped for the jobs either. Bad communication skills, worse habits etc... This makes it tough to take them seriously or see what their actual goals are.
I always try to make my expectations clear to anyone working for me, or I am working for. This clears up a lot of bad attitudes initially. If you are meeting his expectations, tell him to step off, or go around him. If you are not, or if his expectations are unachievable (rare) then you need to re-define acceptable so you can be happy with your workplace.
I am not saying he is right or wrong, just stating that there are always two sides.
I could go on and on about this for hours. The bottom line is, I wouldn't get too snippy about it. Odds are good that he isn't looking to fire someone for lack of performance, but if someone were to make an ultimatum, they probably wouldn't have a job much longer.
Pretty much goes along the lines of what I posted...mine was just in a nutshell..... :D Being a biz owner or boss does make you look at things a little differently.

Froggystyle
08-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Pretty much goes along the lines of what I posted...mine was just in a nutshell..... :D Being a biz owner or boss does make you look at things a little differently.
I see no nutshell...
Somehow, I need to find some nutshells to put my stuff in.

Ziggy
08-12-2004, 11:44 AM
I see no nutshell...
Somehow, I need to find some nutshells to put my stuff in.
How's 'bout a coconut shell, you can borrow 1/2 of the wifes Hawaiin bra :D and still be able to strap it on :jawdrop:
LOL------Nutshell=post #5

MsDrmr
08-12-2004, 12:06 PM
yep, I have to take a break sometime regarless..

Ziggy
08-12-2004, 12:09 PM
I have to ask a question.
Are you posting this from work :idea:
LOL--Did ya really need to ask :D

MsDrmr
08-12-2004, 12:48 PM
yeah, did ya really need to ask? :p
there are times when a break is very needed, even when you don't leave the desk
This whole week has been one of those times

HM
08-12-2004, 01:17 PM
If you don't like the way you're being treated then find another place to work. If you like freedom and working under little to no supervision then get into outside sales. The money in outside sales is great and if you need a few days off for whatever reason as long as you have met and exceeded your quota (after all thats thats what you're there to do)you can take them. However, if your sales are down you wont have a babysitter you will get maybe 2 months of crappy sales and you will be out of a job.
Some people need to be babysat and some people dont, which are you?
Yah, look at Boozer!! Next thing you know, he will be quoting "Boiler Room" and calling people pikers. Our little Boozer is growing up. Next thing you know, he will get tired of making other people rich, and hook up with HM and start building a legacy he never though possible. Ok, lets take one step at a time. :)
Oh yeah, mrsdrmr....get to work! :)

MsDrmr
08-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Yah, look at Boozer!! Next thing you know, he will be quoting "Boiler Room" and calling people pikers. Our little Boozer is growing up. Next thing you know, he will get tired of making other people rich, and hook up with HM and start building a legacy he never though possible. Ok, lets take one step at a time. :)
Oh yeah, mrsdrmr....get to work! :)
NO NO NO I dont want to and you can't make me :yuk: (now thats a mature attitude)

topless
08-12-2004, 01:22 PM
NO NO NO I dont want to and you can't make me :yuk: (now thats a mature attitude)
Oh but I can make you! he he

HM
08-12-2004, 01:23 PM
o.k. Atleast act like you are working! :D
No soup for you!

MsDrmr
08-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Topless, now just how you gonna do dat?
and holy moly I don't know where you are, but with it being over a 100 degress here in southern ca, I dont want any soup.

Froggystyle
08-12-2004, 01:28 PM
yeah, did ya really need to ask? :p
there are times when a break is very needed, even when you don't leave the desk
This whole week has been one of those times
And people wonder why I limit internet exposure at work... :D

topless
08-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Topless, now just how you gonna do dat?
and holy moly I don't know where you are, but with it being over a 100 degress here in southern ca, I dont want any soup.
BOSS, come here quick! look what we're doing! :D

MsDrmr
08-12-2004, 01:44 PM
BOSS, come here quick! look what we're doing! :D
NOOOOOOOOO wait, I'll work I promise
NOT
"topless is a meanie, a meanie a meanine, topless is a meanie and gonna get me introuble" (cute little song if I may say so myself)

Keithb87
08-12-2004, 02:12 PM
NOOOOOOOOO wait, I'll work I promise
NOT
"topless is a meanie, a meanie a meanine, topless is a meanie and gonna get me introuble" (cute little song if I may say so myself)
:idea: May be Topless and mrsdrmr could :boxingguy and the rest of the staff could sit back with a :coffeycup and then the boss could :hammerhea The looser... :D

Keithb87
08-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Just whoring with the new smiles... :p
Maybe I should go get :eat: lunch :rollside:

topless
08-12-2004, 02:15 PM
These smileys are way :cool:

Keithb87
08-12-2004, 02:20 PM
:smile: I am the boss here and I have nothing better to do most of the day.. :cool: :wink: so I sit here drinking my :coffeycup and :argue: with my shift leads.. I try not to come in too :messedup: or they make me :sleeping: take a nap..

Dawn Patrol
08-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Ya think,, :D
He is an older man in his 70's and when he is not being like this he is actually a good boss, but when sales are down throughout the offices boy do we get the brunt of it. It can be difficult to take
What is it you are trying to sell? Maybe a member or two could help out the Old Guy and you. If not, just give him a good :hammerhea

topless
08-12-2004, 02:24 PM
What is it you are trying to sell? Maybe a member or two could help out the Old Guy and you. If not, just give him a good :hammerhea
She already left for the day. We sell..........memberships. :purplesca

Tom Brown
08-12-2004, 02:25 PM
It's not that bad, he just likes to be number one and usually we are.
You're always number one with me, Top. :)
Can we have sex now? :D

topless
08-12-2004, 02:36 PM
You're always number one with me, Top. :)
Can we have sex now? :D
You are number 1 with me too. We can have sex if I can be on top. :idea: :p

HOOTER SLED-
08-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Go take a DUMP on his desk, and then tell him, "Sell that - bitch!" :crossx:

Tom Brown
08-12-2004, 02:47 PM
We can have sex if I can be on top. :idea: :p
Let's hit the dungeon, baby.

Boozer
08-12-2004, 02:52 PM
ä½*伙計有時到很多嬉戲。

Tom Brown
08-12-2004, 02:55 PM
ä½*伙計有時到很多嬉戲。
ack .

topless
08-12-2004, 02:56 PM
ä½*伙計有時到很多嬉戲。
I never knew you were bilingual :rollside:

Boozer
08-12-2004, 03:07 PM
This is California. If you don't speak Chineese and Spanish you might as well speak German as your primary language. Not many people left in this state speak English.

topless
08-12-2004, 03:21 PM
This is California. If you don't speak Chineese and Spanish you might as well speak German as your primary language. Not many people left in this state speak English.
很好在那个案件, 告诉汤姆得到土牢准备好我。 :redface:

Debbolas
08-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Man, I missed a lot of good stuff online today.............. :mad:
Memberships for what? Maybe I need one...... :D

topless
08-13-2004, 12:54 PM
Man, I missed a lot of good stuff online today.............. :mad:
Memberships for what? Maybe I need one...... :D
No, you don't need one. Maybe Scream does. You have to be a business owner. :smile:

MsDrmr
08-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Geez already tom and top,,,get a room already :2purples:

topless
08-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Geez already tom and top,,,get a room already :2purples:
We prefer the dungeon :shift:

MsDrmr
08-13-2004, 01:03 PM
tell me there is some kind of cushion available,,those hard floors and walls can be real uncomfortable (unlike other hard things)

topless
08-13-2004, 01:04 PM
tell me there is some kind of cushion available,,those hard floors and walls can be real uncomfortable (unlike other hard things)
Can you say swing? :messedup:

MsDrmr
08-13-2004, 01:07 PM
thats a painful fall if the straps break :jawdrop:

NorCal Gameshow
08-13-2004, 01:18 PM
God help me, here is the deal. Boss gets mad if we have lunch before we make a sale, can't leave the bldng to grab a drink, cant take a lunch away from the desk, should'nt go to the bathroom, and god forbid we speak to each other in the office without him comming in here and yelling "god damn it, what is this a holiday", get on the phone girls...sales girls, and swearing, constantly saying he is gonna fire us if we don't stop talking and so forth....I just wanta scream and at times just want to get up and walk out..what would you do?
your boss sucks...sounds like napolean..thanks for reminding me how good i've got it...
A true boss...know's the job...appreciates who gets the job done...and develops the work force...

ratso
08-13-2004, 01:21 PM
your boss sucks...sounds like napolean..thanks for reminding me how good i've got it...
A true boss...know's the job...appreciates who gets the job done...and develops the work force...
...and lets you play on the computer all day. :D

NorCal Gameshow
08-13-2004, 01:50 PM
...and lets you play on the computer all day. :D
True, Dat.....(in case i left my computer logged on at work ;) )

Her454
08-13-2004, 02:25 PM
thats a painful fall if the straps break :jawdrop:
ROTFLMAO...............First hand experience? :) :D