PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the rules at Elsinore

wantacat
08-12-2004, 11:15 AM
never been to lake elsinore because of all the rumors( dirty water,smells etc.) but im going to check it out this saturday. Can you wakeboard there? How about innertubes? i might be taking my nephew with me and he wants to do these activites. If not we will be chilling in coors light cove. thanks!!

Wally_Gator
08-12-2004, 11:33 AM
never been to lake elsinore because of all the rumors( dirty water,smells etc.) but im going to check it out this saturday. Can you wakeboard there? How about innertubes? i might be taking my nephew with me and he wants to do these activites. If not we will be chilling in coors light cove. thanks!!
Ok, from what I remember.. (please add or modify where incorrect or missing)
1. Typical counter clockwise rotation.
2. Wakeboarding ok.
3. No tubes or inflatables.
4. 35 mph speed limit on weekends. High speed zone is good on weekdays.
5. Normal USCG safety devices.
Get there early as by 1pm it usually get really choppy.
Anyone else care to add to this?

Three Days Only
08-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Dont forget
1. Dont drink the water
2. Avoid warm spots
3. No Alcoholic Beverages Unless Your Already Trashed
4. Avoid The Local Wakeboard Guys
5. If your dog bites someone run
6. No urinating in the water only in other boats parked near by
I think theres more, I will remember them as I drink more.
Jeff

Quality Time
08-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Don't want to hijack this thread, but my coworkers neighbor got tossed last weekend for his boat being too loud? He just bought 21' Eliminator Daytona jet with OT exhaust and it was his maiden voyage. FYI, got the story second hand so there may be more to it.

wantacat
08-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Ok, from what I remember.. (please add or modify where incorrect or missing)
1. Typical counter clockwise rotation.
2. Wakeboarding ok.
3. No tubes or inflatables.
4. 35 mph speed limit on weekends. High speed zone is good on weekdays.
5. Normal USCG safety devices.
Get there early as by 1pm it usually get really choppy.
Anyone else care to add to this?
Do you know if alcohol is allowed on the boat? I will not be drinking but the people w/me are. thanks

Debbolas
08-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Do you know if alcohol is allowed on the boat? I will not be drinking but the people w/me are. thanks
I think it is something like.........you can drink on the shore, but not on your boat?

Ntwotrance
08-12-2004, 07:53 PM
I think it is something like.........you can drink on the shore, but not on your boat?
Ya nailed it! also, if you're on the back side (near the cove) be careful, as they are churning the water in the back (center) of the high speed zone, which is causing some serious wake there, front side is fairly smooth. As far as the condition of the water, it's bacteria count is extremely low, they are making improvements to the lake to include killing off all the carp. After they're at a point they feel comfortable with their achievements, they're bringing in a type of bass that will eat the younger carp. If you had gone there 10 years ago, it was muck. they're expecting to be done with clean up by the beginning of next year. As far as the high speed zone, that will remain as is (weekdays only for high speed) as they've has some problems out there. If you go out there, there are rules you have to follow (80+ mph requires a helmet/kill switch for the high speed zone). The lake is a nice place to hang out with friends, and just putt around (and it's local). We use to go to Perris until I found out what the bacteria count was out there. then of course you hear the horror stories associated with it (my friend took a picture of his wifes leg after she got out of the water, and the bacteria had further infected a cut on her leg). so, there ya have it...if you're going to launch, go to the west marina (a larger/longer ramp and less lake lice launch from there)....

wantacat
08-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone for all your help!!!

Ntwotrance
08-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Thanks everyone for all your help!!!
anytime :mix: