PDA

View Full Version : 1 more quick question before i head out

tahitijet
08-12-2004, 03:37 PM
i'm only getting water to 1 header there are no blockages or obstructions. The header that works is steel braided line the one that does not is clear line. The header getting water has pelnty of it and that line is longer then the 1 not getting water so i don't think water preasure is the issue I can see water going about half way into the clear hose then it stops. the basset T is in right and working
any suggestions? Were leaving in a bit i'd like to fix this before i do more damage then i've already done to my headers

Screemy1
08-12-2004, 03:40 PM
is the clear line cracked.... maybe too weak for the pressure... is it a new line or did it work before? good luck...

Squirtcha?
08-12-2004, 03:45 PM
The water will take the path of least resistance. If there's any difference in the lines internal diameter, or the length of the lines, it could be the problem.
I always keep my lines the same length and I.D. size.
Did it just start doing this?
If all the lines and spiders are clear, of equal length and size, it should work. If the Bassett T valve is having problems, it will either pass water all the time even at idle (stuck open or broken spring), or not at all (stuck closed) but if it's passing water to one header then I'm pretty sure the T valve is working.

tahitijet
08-12-2004, 03:50 PM
steel braided is -8 clear is 5/8 hose so i think the clear is actually larger ID. there are no leaks in the system.
I had thought about a crack in the hose but since the line is under preasure and not vacume there would be water coming out of the crack right?
the line is new on both sides the steel braided is longer by about 1 foot maybee i need to increase the block preasure to fill the lines?
thanks guys

tahitijet
08-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Some more info to add. I'm running a ball valve at the inlet and outlet on the cooling both are wide open. perhaps preasure is just to low with both open? I ran it breifly today and yesterday and temps stayed around 150 and dropped to 140 or so crusing.
but you'd still think some water would be coming out of it especially since the line is shorter.
thanks

Squirtcha?
08-12-2004, 03:53 PM
If you're talking about opening the water valve from the jetpump to the motor, I don't know if I'd do that. If your engine's temperature is correct, I'd probably leave that where it is.
I'd even those lines up. Even if it means doing both sides in the clear as a temporary thing.

Squirtcha?
08-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Your engine temps sound about right. Once again..............I don't think I'd mess with that.
Same goes for your dump line ESPECIALLY. I'm very opposed to even having the dump line valved (even though mine is, I never ever close it down) bad things can happen when you try to regulate the dump water from the block. Popped freeze plugs for one.
Here's a quick n easy..........down n dirty test. You wouldn't want to run it long like this, but just to check. You can disconnect and plug the line that is currently working and see if it forces it to the other header. If it does, it's a line equalization thing. If it doesn't, then there'd about have to be some blockage somewhere in that line.

tahitijet
08-12-2004, 05:03 PM
thanks.. I found the problem. I had checked the header lines and the hose running to them but never th headers. just for kicks i stuck a toothpick in each of the fittings at the header and hit on all of them.
apparently when i had them jet coated they clogged the fittings.
The clear line is temporary I will be replacing it soon with equal lenght steel line.
thanks

Squirtcha?
08-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Glad ya found it.