PDA

View Full Version : What If You Were Supposed to be in the Trade Center Towers on 9/11? This guy was!

MagicMtnDan
08-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Michael Niewodowski, a chef at the Windows on the World restaurant, was supposed to report to work at the restaurant atop the World Trade Center at 9:00AM on September 11th, 2001 - the first plane hit at 8:46. He's not a professional writer, but his take on Michael Moore could not be better.
Michael Moore has Weakened Our Nation
Michael Niewodowski
August 1, 2004
'From Here to Eternity." Tora, Tora, Tora." "In Harm's Way." These are three films made about Pearl Harbor. There have been more than 20 films made about Pearl Harbor, and over 200 films made about World War II. These films inspire patriotism, courage, and nationalism. They tell us about the honor and bravery of the soldiers and the nation that supported them. Two and a half years after the attack on Pearl Harbor, the world watched American forces fight on D-Day. Two and a half years after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the world is watching Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11."
Moore's film is the first major motion picture about Sept. 11, 2001. This bears repeating. When future generations look back on the Sept. 11 massacre, their first impression, through the medium of film, will be a work in which the president and the government are blamed for the attacks, and the soldiers who are protecting this country are defamed. Instead of a film version of Lisa Beamer's book, "Let's Roll," or Richard Picciotto's "Last Man Down," we are presented with this fallacy. How could this happen?
It would be a colossal insult to insinuate that Franklin D. Roosevelt or the U.S. government were in any way responsible for the attacks on Pearl Harbor. Can you imagine the indignation of the men and women who lived during that period? "Fahrenheit 9/11" is indicative of a nation that has become too apathetic, ignorant or deceived to face the enemy at the gate. America, where is your fury?
On Sept. 11, 2001, I stood across the Hudson River, watching the Twin Towers burn, knowing that if the plane had struck at 9:46 a.m. instead of 8:46 a.m., I would be dead. As a survivor and witness to the attack on the World Trade Center, I am more than insulted by this film. I am outraged. This film is based on conjecture, hearsay and propaganda. At a time when this country desperately needs to rally in support of our brave soldiers and our strong leaders, Moore is content to spread discord and divisiveness. The base of his argument is that the Bush administration had strong ties with the bin Laden family. However, sound facts are conspicuously absent from this "documentary."
The 9/11 commission did not indict President Bush. According to the report, the president's actions before, during and after the attacks are fully justified, including the military action in Iraq. The commission did not find a direct link between Saddam Hussein's Iraq and the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. A similar commission in the 1940s would not have found a direct link between Hitler's Germany and the attack on Pearl Harbor. In both instances, the threat was imminent; the president and the military acted decisively.
Could we have been more prepared for a terrorist attack on Sept. 10, 2001? Certainly. Could we have been more prepared for an attack on Dec. 6, 1941? Most definitely. In the weeks and months following Pearl Harbor, there were reports and criticisms that the government and military should have been more prepared. The difference is that the people of the nation did not waste a lot of time pointing fingers at each other. Rather, they unified and engaged the enemy head-on. I guess that is why we call them "The Greatest Generation." How will future generations refer to us? So, how do we explain Moore's film to future generations? I wonder. More than that, I wonder how I would explain this film to Nancy D., Jerome N. or Heather H. I am sure you don't know their names, but their faces haunt me day and night. How would I explain to them that a film was made accusing the president and vilifying the soldiers, the same president and soldiers who are attempting to avenge their murders and protect other citizens. Moore has not only insulted the nation, he has insulted the victims of the terrorist attacks.
During his acceptance speech at the Oscars, Moore said, "Shame on you, Mr. Bush. "Well I say, "Shame on you, Michael Moore." Shame on everyone who supports his travesty of a film. Shame on a society that allows this sham of a film. You have weakened the nation.
Source: (it's all over the Web but here's one location)
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040630/COLUMNIST13/406300332

Seadog
08-12-2004, 05:46 PM
I have never understood the idiots who blame Bush for somthing that happened eight months after he took the job that Clinton had abused for eight years.

Misogynist
08-12-2004, 05:55 PM
I have never understood the idiots who blame Bush for somthing that happened eight months after he took the job that Clinton had abused for eight years.
I feel the same way... people blame G.W. Bush for the poor economy... but the Democrats have forgotten that Slick Willy Clinton gave China "most favored nation" trading status for eight years ... all the while he and the dems were receiving Chinese money for their PAC's..... Our economy is in the toilet because so many of our manufacturing jobs have gone to China... but none of the Dems want to address these facts... :boxingguy

Kilrtoy
08-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Someday someone will make a movie about this tragedy and make this nation proud....

1978 Rogers
08-12-2004, 06:29 PM
There are a lot of idots in the world that can't think. They can't think for themselves or see the light through the smoke. They believe Clinton is resposible for the good economy & the rise in ".com" companies. Clinton is also resposible for the internet. Bush is resposible for 9/11 and the ".com" bubble busting, people loosing all there money, homes, etc. They were both just the guys in office.
I do feel that Clinton is resposible for the increase in cigar sales, for some reason. Call me crazy.

angry dad
08-12-2004, 06:51 PM
eff that scum bag moore!!! vote for BUSH or cower for the COWARDLY french!!! a vote for kerry is a vote to lose your:freedom, guns,money,lakes,dunes!!! bow down to the french!! kerry will!!! kerry is a GREEN LIBERAL!! :sqeyes:

Dr. Eagle
08-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Someday someone will make a movie about this tragedy and make this nation proud....
Hopefully it is a "documentary" of the trial in which we the people find Michael Moore guilty of high treason... :mad:

Debbolas
08-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Very well said.....Our country could have been better prepared before 9-11.
I just don't understand the Monday morning quarterbacking that has gone on in dissecting President Bush's response. He did the best he could, and that wasn't half bad. I am equally proud of Mayor Guilliano for his leadership role.
Things happen, we learn and move on. What is that quote...."Those who do not remember the past are condemed to repeat it"
I'm sure I will catch Mr. Moore's film when it comes to cable, but I'm not going to pay to watch him connect the 9-11 tragedy to the Bush family.