PDA

View Full Version : Treachery the Immigration bill that got shelved!!

Steve 1
04-08-2006, 06:44 PM
http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/62017.htm

Steve 1
04-08-2006, 06:46 PM
It gets better look at the loopholes,
Loophole No. 1: Absconders and some individuals with felonies or 3 misdemeanors are not barred from getting amnesty.
Loophole No. 2: Aliens specifically barred from receiving immigration benefits for life because they filed a frivolous asylum application will also be able to receive amnesty.
Loophole No. 3: All aliens who are subject to a final order of removal--or who are subject to the reinstatement of a final order of removal because they illegally reentered after being ordered removed from the United States are also eligible for amnesty.
Loophole No. 4: Aliens who illegally entered the country multiple times are also eligible for amnesty.
Loophole No. 5: This bill allows aliens who have persecuted anyone on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion get amnesty. It fails to make persecutors ineligible for amnesty.
Loophole No. 6: There is no continuous presence or continuous work requirement for amnesty. To be eligible to adjust from illegal to legal statutes under the bill, the alien must simply have been ``physically present in the United States on April 5, 2001,'' and have been ``employed continuously in the United States'' for 3 of the 5 years ``since that date.''
Loophole No. 7: The bill tells the Department of Homeland Security to accept ``just and reasonable inferences'' from day labor centers as evidence of an alien meeting the bill's work requirements.
The bill then states:
..... it is the intent of Congress that the [work] requirement ..... be interpreted and implemented in a manner that recognizes and takes into account the difficulties encountered by aliens in obtaining evidence of employment due to the undocumented status of the alien.
Loophole 8: The bill benefits only those who broke the law, not those who followed it and got work visas to come to the United States.
Loophole 9: The essential worker permanent immigration program for nonagriculture low-skilled workers leaves no illegal alien out. It is not limited to people outside the United States who want to come here to work in the future but includes illegal aliens currently present in the United States who do not qualify for the amnesty program in title VI, including aliens here for less than 2 years. Under the bill language, you can qualify for this new program to work as a low-skilled permanent immigrant even if you are unlawfully present in the United States.
Loophole No. 10: The annual numerical cap on this program is a completely artificial cap. If the 400,000 cap per year is reached, what happens then? The cap immediately adjusts itself to make more room under the cap.

redneckcharlie
04-09-2006, 12:40 PM
i am not sure what everyone else thinks about the proposed immigration bill? me, i'm not real happy with it! if you break the law in the us by entering the country illegally, you should never be able to become a legal citizen. i have been getting most of the people that i know to send letters and emails to our local senators and representative to express our contempt for the proposed legislation. i would hope others are doing the same. :crossx:

Steve 1
04-09-2006, 06:30 PM
"Like that surprise hidden on page 302 - which would replace the country's entire bench of experienced immigration judges with pro-immigration advocates."
And this goodie!
"Terrorists know how to game the system. Janice Kephart, former counsel to the 9/11 Commission, released a study last year on how easily terrorists obtain immigration benefits. Of 94 alien terrorists in the United States, she found that 59 were successful immigration frauds. That includes six of the 9/11 hijackers."

Arizona Hot Boater
04-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Some people don't know when to quit.