PDA

View Full Version : Howard 28 Bullet Video

TPI
04-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Here is some video of the recent testing done on the Howard 28 Bullet. All of the High speed footage with the $84 "Tonyhawk" helmet cam was done at well over 100 mph. In fact there is one particular run where you will see the needle well over 110 mph for a while. Kinda hard to keep the head from bobbing in the wind. :) The side video was taken at a 60 mph pace. I really would like to do this with some quality equipment someday............Oh well, it was just for fun, and to make believers out of some guys that I can never seem to hook up a ride with. The boat runs flat and fast. Enjoy....................also, any questions about the boat or whatever feel free to ask away.......................
Gary
http://www.videoegg.com/link/2e03905b346f02ae0ff4a:3521

Fast Freddy
04-08-2006, 07:12 PM
sweet vid. looks like alot of fun. always nice to have the lake to yourself. i gotta get to havasu sometime when the water is nice and flat like that.

INSman
04-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Side view looked "Smoothe" !!

boatsnblondes
04-08-2006, 07:20 PM
That boat gave me a hard on the first time I saw it in the ***boat spread...I even called and asked about getting one, almost did.....if I was not getting ready to move up north, I would man up and get one right now.....I'll put it up against a DCB all day long and twice on Sunday....

BajaMike
04-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Nice.....looks like a fast, smooth running boat...
:rollside: :) :rollside: :)

TPI
04-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks,
We love the boat a lot. I normally am not very attached to my boats,,,,,,,,,,,But this one will be part of the family for a while. I wish I had the money and the time to let everyone I know drive it...............it really is a fun boat.

hotlavey
04-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Here is some video of the recent testing done on the Howard 28 Bullet. All of the High speed footage with the $84 "Tonyhawk" helmet cam was done at well over 100 mph. In fact there is one particular run where you will see the needle well over 110 mph for a while. Kinda hard to keep the head from bobbing in the wind. :) The side video was taken at a 60 mph pace. I really would like to do this with some quality equipment someday............Oh well, it was just for fun, and to make believers out of some guys that I can never seem to hook up a ride with. The boat runs flat and fast. Enjoy....................also, any questions about the boat or whatever feel free to ask away.......................
Gary
http://www.videoegg.com/link/2e03905b346f02ae0ff4a:3521
Gary, that was awesome. I sure wish I could get my Lavey to ride like that.
Thanks for the show.
Tom

al cole'holic
04-08-2006, 07:42 PM
..do you know the weight of the boat?? Thanks for sharing! :)

TPI
04-08-2006, 07:56 PM
We weighed the boat complete on the trailer and then deducted the trailer weight. It came in right at 4400 lbs(complete boat). A standard all wood Howard 28 Bullet is almost 4800 lbs. This orange boat has an all composite lay up. I don't seem to notice any handling differences between the wood vs the composite, but the composite boat does seem "quicker" feeling than the other higher HP Bullets I have driven.

cc322
04-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Very cool GT thanks for sharing. I swear watching that vid I felt my hair blow :)

maxwedge
04-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Cool Video. I love that boat. I like that it doesn't have a bunch of trendy graphics, but it still looks badass just sitting there. Too bad the magazine pics and video camera doesn't do the gel justice. I would love to see it in person someday. To bad It doesn't fall into my price range of under $500. I guess for now I'll just paint my Sidewinder Metallic Orange, and pretend it's longer, wider, and twice as fast. The bow looks similar anyway... and I have a good imagination...yep...I think I can make this work. LOL :D

TPI
04-09-2006, 09:28 AM
That would definately work, and you could save a bundle of cash at the same time. I saw that video that "shaken not stirred" did on that skater. That was no $84 tony hawk camara. That looked cool. Anyone have any idea where I can get something like that to mount to the boat, and the software to edit it?

MagicMtnDan
04-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Great video (and boat) Gary, thanks for sharing! :cool:

Throttle
04-09-2006, 11:39 PM
good clip... thanks

Havasu Hangin'
04-10-2006, 04:00 AM
Great video. I don't think I've seen many boats lift that high out of the water at speed with no pad.

SDLifesaver
04-10-2006, 05:09 PM
That was awesome. Makes me want to buy a Howard :) :) :rollside: