PDA

View Full Version : Bombs

MsDrmr
08-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Okay, here is the story, I was listening to Bill handle on am 640. He had someone on today I guess from a secret company (? I missed the intro). He was saying that the Alcaida groups are spread throughout the U.S. and they have nuclear bombs spread in certain cities and they expect 1/2 or more to be set off before 2005.
Now call me stupid, but I'll tell you what, that really scares me. Maybe I am gullable but I am afraid. I know the by recent history how desperate they are to get back at us and how much they hate us, and I don't put it passed themto set these damn things off.
Makes me want to go home and cuddle up with the kids and the hubby and never leave bed. I am so damn scared of this, anyone have anything positive to say about this to help me not feel so frightened.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-13-2004, 10:06 AM
I don't dought that they have something here to try and take us out.. But.. I look at it as.. if it is your time to go then so be it.. don't let these people stop you from living everyday with a great family.. live everyday like you normally would if not more.. life is pressious but then again you can't let them win by giving in.. this is what they want from us.. :wink:

copperrat20
08-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Driving scares me! :2purples: But you can't be a hermit the rest of your life because of some stupid towel head. Like MrsFV said if it's your time to go then so be it. You could put a bomb shelter in under your house and they could set a bomb off next door. Wouldn't help you much.

little rowe boat
08-13-2004, 10:11 AM
This may or may not be true,but if it is and they detonate them,then we can expect the entire middle east to disappear in a flash.No more probs with the arabs,done end of game.

79miller
08-13-2004, 10:18 AM
This may or may not be true,but if it is and they detonate them,then we can expect the entire middle east to disappear in a flash.No more probs with the arabs,done end of game.
You made me remember this image going around, classic!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1850weather_afgan.jpg

1stepcloser
08-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Suspecting thay are here and spreading rumours as such is all that is.
It would be very difficult to conceal a nuclear weapon, contrary to popular belief.
They (nuclear devices) require a high level of maintainance, and while I suppose it is possible to have smuggled, or assembled one here, the likelihood of that scenario is extremely remote.
Extremely remote.

NashvilleBound
08-13-2004, 10:51 AM
of that scenario is extremely remote.
Extremely remote.
Just like 1stepcloser said...Extremely remote. A suitcase bomb on the other hand is comletely doable. USSR is missing several dozen..or maybe they said they just lost track of them. Either way you should not be worried...unless you live in the targeted areas surrounding Riverside CA! :notam:

78Eliminator
08-13-2004, 10:53 AM
If you sit in your house and are afraid, they won. Just live your life. You have a way better chance to die in a traffic accident. Don't let this stop you from enjoying your life.....

Sleek-Jet
08-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Just like 1stepcloser said...Extremely remote. A suitcase bomb on the other hand is comletely doable. USSR is missing several dozen..or maybe they said they just lost track of them. Either way you should not be worried...unless you live in the targeted areas surrounding Riverside CA! :notam:
Well, the Russians don't know if they are missing them or not. They think they are, but Urie (who lost his job in a glorious new tractory factory when the last president Bush was in office :D ) burned the records for heat a couple winters ago, so no one is really sure.

ratso
08-13-2004, 11:06 AM
I live just a few miles from the President's ranch in Crawford, and I ain't skeered...

NashvilleBound
08-13-2004, 11:06 AM
That clears that up...I feel better now!

Keithb87
08-13-2004, 11:07 AM
I lived in Colorado Springs durring the outbreak of the 1st Gulf War... Colorado Springs sits under the shadow of NORAD.. and has Peterson Airforce Base, and the Airforce Academy, and an army base there as well.. :jawdrop:
Basicly it is in the top 5 for Nuclear Strikes.. We could just do our normal daily routine, and not worry about Nukes... Just got on with our lives.... What will be will be... It is what it is...

Infomaniac
08-13-2004, 11:24 AM
If they have them they are probably dirty nukes.
The objective of terrorism is to force a society to alter their behavior. It is not to kill people. Unfortunately killing people is how they get that done.
The society has to change the way they go about thier daily business to protect themselves from the terrorism. As mentioned before. If you do change, they have won.
Just look at how our society has changed air travel alone. Since the terrorists used airliners for their dirty deeds on 9/11. It has cost us billions, nearly crippled the U.S. airline industry and how many extra hours does it now take each person to travel by air? This is over and above the loss of life and destruction of property that day.

cigarette1
08-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Fu@k 'em .... if they had them, they'd have already set them off
G

Seadog
08-13-2004, 11:45 AM
The concept of a rogue nuclear bomb being exploded in the U.S. is a popular rumor/story line. The threat is more damaging than the actual explosion. We dropped two very dirty bombs on Japan, a lot of people died and there was a lot of tragic consequences. In retrospect, the firebombing of Tokyo and other cities had worse losses of life and property. The war destroyed millions of families and was devastating on the young men. Yet within a few years, Japan was once again a growing, vibrant country.
Do not get caught up in the traps of today. If a bomb explodes, you have no way of doing anything about it. The best defense is an agressive reaction to those who attack us. Despite all the threats, we have not been attacked on our soil since 9/11. There are those who will always try and there are some who will succeed. We are the only superpower. The losers hate the winners, just like in high school. :hammerhea

Kachina26
08-13-2004, 12:11 PM
Listen to the interview he does on monday, basically makes the guy this morning look like a nutjob!!! Don't worry, that crap they have is so old, they're not sure if it will even go off.