PDA

View Full Version : Under Water!!!!!

woskie70
08-14-2004, 05:18 PM
I Sunk The Back End Of The This Weekend, Its A Long Story I Will Share With You All Sometime. I Looked On The Site For The Info That Was On The Site From The Last Underwater Sw But Looks Like It Has Been Erased. If Any One Has Info Please Pass It On.
After I Got It Back On Dry Land I Drained All Oil And Water Out Of Pan. I Then Took Out Spark Plugs And Turned The Engine Over A Few Times To Pump Out As Much Water As I Could. After Drying Spark Plugs I Put Them Back In And Got The Started Again. I Then Poured Oil In To Coat Everything.
Now I Need To Know Where To Go From Here. Any Help Or Comments Would Be Greatly Apreciated.
Thanks Guys.

mickeyfinn
08-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Fill the pan back up and run it. Check the oil and see if it has any milkshake to it. It will probably still have a little water in it. Change the oil again and enjoy!!!

Cas
08-14-2004, 08:19 PM
don't forget about the pump. The front seal is there to keep oil in not water out. I've seen 2 boats over the last couple of years that got enough water in the boat to submerge the front of the pump. Both of the pumps had problems within a short period of time.

woskie70
08-15-2004, 12:38 PM
so what should i do with the pump to make sure i have no problems

Oldsquirt
08-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Liberally grease the thrust bearing.