PDA

View Full Version : Horse trailer hookup? Warning: not boating related.

PHX ATC
08-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Does anybody have any hookups for horse trailers? I have succumbed to the urge of my wife to purchase a horse trailer for at least the past 15 months. I am now a beaten down man. :D
I've looked at used and they are pieces of junk. Rusted bucket of bolts, really. So, now it's on to new ones.
2 horse, slant load, tandem axle, tack room, bumper pull, swing out rear doors (no ramps). Steel is fine, slotted rear vents with no windows is fine.
Can you tell I've looked at a few? I'm scaring myself. :rolleyes:
Just curious, that's all. I figured somebody's been down the road before somewhere in their life or knows somebody that has. I wouldn't be above traveling a ways to pick it up if it meant saving some moolah.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry if the diehard boating peeps take offense to this, but this is a great resource for other stuff too.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-15-2004, 06:19 PM
did you get my mess.. about this.. :p

Jordy
08-15-2004, 06:57 PM
I have some friends who used to be a dealer for Sundowner. And I have some other horsey friends. I'll talk to them and see what hookups are out there.
Besides, I figured with the big bad dodges you'd opt for the big pimped out aluminum gooseneck, like a Sooner or Featherlite. :D

PHX ATC
08-15-2004, 07:41 PM
I have some friends who used to be a dealer for Sundowner. And I have some other horsey friends. I'll talk to them and see what hookups are out there.
Besides, I figured with the big bad dodges you'd opt for the big pimped out aluminum gooseneck, like a Sooner or Featherlite. :D
I knew I could count on you. To think, the shame, some people give you bad reputation...the horror. :hammerhead:
Mine has a cab high shell on it and Julie's has a fiberglass tonneau cover on her's. You know, she has to have a place to put her saddles. Yes, saddles . :eek: So, we've been relegated to a bumper pull. Besides, I don't want all the cowpokes trying to pick up on her and her mac daddy horse trailer!
Thanks Jordy, you da man! :cool:

PHX ATC
08-15-2004, 07:43 PM
did you get my mess.. about this.. :p
Yes ma'am, I did and I thank you very much. I will look him up and PM him.
I appreciate it. :redface: You are too kind. :smile:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Yes ma'am, I did and I thank you very much. I will look him up and PM him.
I appreciate it. :redface: You are too kind. :smile:
ahhh shucks.. your welcome babe.. I don't know where he is located but I know it is not too close.. Jordy may be your best bet.. and he has nice legs,... LOL!! :D

PHX ATC
08-15-2004, 07:46 PM
ahhh shucks.. your welcome babe.. I don't know where he is located but I know it is not too close.. Jordy may be your best bet.. and he has nice legs,... LOL!! :D
I'll take your word for Jordy's legs. I think he has a calendar out around here, when I see it, I'll pick one up for you. :wink:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-15-2004, 07:49 PM
I'll take your word for Jordy's legs. I think he has a calendar out around here, when I see it, I'll pick one up for you. :wink:
LOL!! thanks.. ;) :mix:

Jordy
08-16-2004, 06:19 AM
I knew I could count on you. To think, the shame, some people give you bad reputation...the horror. :hammerhead:
Mine has a cab high shell on it and Julie's has a fiberglass tonneau cover on her's. You know, she has to have a place to put her saddles. Yes, saddles . :eek: So, we've been relegated to a bumper pull. Besides, I don't want all the cowpokes trying to pick up on her and her mac daddy horse trailer!
Thanks Jordy, you da man! :cool:
I know all about saddles. I have three of them on a rack in between my kitchen and my bar. I'm going out of town for a few days but will get in touch with the contacts I have on Wednesday and see what I can find out for ya. :D

PHX ATC
08-16-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks Jordy. I appreciate it.