PDA

View Full Version : which trim nozzle is best?

berk
08-15-2004, 05:16 PM
getting ready to ditch the racing nozzle and get a diverter. i have a berkeley jg and i will be needing the nozzle attachment flange too, so i will pick up a droop snoot at the same time. which style trim is preffered at or place? also which style droop is preffered between berk, at, and place, and are the nozzles compatible with either droop? since the american turbine page is goofy and cumbersome i cant figure out what the prices are for the nozzles. they have a different style reverse bucket too that looks like it might be cool, i think its a htr2 or something, on the sd312. any thoughts?? :shift:

berk
08-16-2004, 03:02 PM
ok since obody wants to talk to me about this i guess i will just get the "jet o vator" since anything with "o-vator" in the name has to be the best!

75spectra
08-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Check into American Turbine's trim unit, they have a wider selection of nozzle housings available and get the kind with the "changable" nozzle inserts to! Heres a picture of what I run....

berk
08-16-2004, 05:22 PM
thats cool, why a snoot and not a droop snoot? more bends in water means power loss so straight is better, but then people say you need lower thrust angle.

ARS Marine inc. east
08-16-2004, 05:26 PM
thats cool, why a snoot and not a droop snoot? more bends in water means power loss so straight is better, but then people say you need lower thrust angle.
Depends On what you are trying to do With The Boat, And what kind Of H.P. You Have, & What kind of Boat Hull Type

460rogers
08-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Some boats run better with a droop ,some with a snoot.
There have been people that have tried both just keep askin.
I'm running a droop because thats what was on the boat when I got it.
I ordered a Hydralic place unit because I like the smooooth operation on a friends boat.

berk
08-16-2004, 06:49 PM
yeah i want the cable cuz i wanna jab it for a big wake :messedup: actually i was thinking of running a hydraulic slave cylinder off a lever operated master, like dune buggies use for turning. this would keep it smooth and the units arent that expensive. i guess i wil stick with the droop since i got it now too. :(

dave186
08-16-2004, 07:21 PM
ive been hearing about the aggressor diverter but i cant find any info on it.