PDA

View Full Version : Collateral...Go see it!

HighRoller
08-15-2004, 07:38 PM
I was hooked on this movie since I saw the first trailer. I finally saw it last night and have to say it was well worth the wait. While Tom Cruise, IMO, was the wrong choice for the role, I have to commend him for the obviously huge amount of prep he did for this movie. He handled a gun like he was born with one in his hand. Jamie Foxx was very convincing and stole some of Tom's thunder. But the true star of this movie is the storyline. It was awesome and perfectly paced with plenty of unexpected twists and turns. For anyone who likes good suspense/drama stories, this is a must see!

HighRoller
08-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Damn, no replies...well, the scenes in the Alley and the nightclub are worth the price of admission as well. I forgot to mention, the bad guy is so good you actualy root for him in the movie....

ratso
08-16-2004, 07:08 AM
I'm going this week... :D

HCS
08-16-2004, 07:16 AM
I'll have to put it on my list of movies to see. :mix:

DogHouse
08-16-2004, 07:23 AM
I totally agree, terrific movie all around. While not a Tom Cruise fan, I will say that IMO this was one of if not his best. His normal stuff seems forced and overacted to me, but this one was different and better. Jamie Foxx was great. The photography and lighting were really well done; makes you feel like you are out there on the streets at night right there with the characters. Two thumbs up!
:cool:

KACHINA KEN
08-16-2004, 09:34 AM
I'm a cruise fan he can act and its good to see him try to branch out and try some new stuff. Seems the last time he did anything like this was waaayyyy back in 'Taps' and that was only a minor role, and yeah who would have EVER thought Jamie Foxx could pull out a performance like that???

Froggystyle
08-16-2004, 10:00 AM
That movie was awesome!
Best scene was in the nightclub with Jamie Foxx about to get his ass kicked.
Great shift of character for him.

AvengerBabe
08-16-2004, 10:51 AM
ooooh, yes, I LOVED this movie! Tom Cruise did an incredible job of being creepy! :squiggle:

HighRoller
08-17-2004, 12:59 AM
Somehow I got the RED light for reputation on this thread. Unfortunately the pussy didn't have the balls to identify himself....weak!

Kilrtoy
08-17-2004, 01:14 AM
OH HELL NO
did he say T.A.P.S. as in Timothy Hutton and the late GEORGE C.SCOTT.
Now I want to see this movie. I remember NECKING WITH MY CHICK in that movie(7th Grade)

HighRoller
08-17-2004, 03:04 AM
"Listen up you sunsabitches! I want you to remember one thing. No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You win a war by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country!"