PDA

View Full Version : Bush vs Kerry

dgie
08-15-2004, 08:44 PM
I don't like either of them and I have a voters registration on my refrigerator. What should I do ???????? :idea: :jawdrop:
I hope this does not effect my 3 rep points I worked so hard to get :D

Bre
08-15-2004, 08:45 PM
I don't like either of them and I have a voters registration on my refrigerator. What should I do ???????? :idea: :jawdrop:
Don't vote :sleeping:

HighRoller
08-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Register Independant. then Email both parties and tell them you did so. Nothing scares Repubs or Dems more than the thought of viable third party.

dgie
08-15-2004, 08:49 PM
I know, I just cant believe that with the millions of people in the United States thats the best we can do. Can I instead vote for Bre? ;) you can do your inaguration in Pasties :clover: :D

OGShocker
08-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Guess what I might suggest.
Bre,
Apathy kills! :messedup:

mike37
08-15-2004, 08:50 PM
register how you want vote how you want your not stuck with voting for the party you registerd with its all up to you its your vote

Bre
08-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Just be like Bre and don't vote :D
I still have no clue what I am gonna do :sleeping:

dgie
08-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Apathy
Damn another word I have to look up in the dictionary

OGShocker
08-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Damn another word I have to look up in the dictionary
You might find it in the "A's" :D

dgie
08-15-2004, 08:56 PM
:hammerhea

Bre
08-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Apathy....
Yep I am a loser that sits around and does nothing....your point is.

dgie
08-15-2004, 08:58 PM
oh shit my thread started a war :lightsabe :boxingguy

Bre
08-15-2004, 08:59 PM
No war. He doesn't like me....nothing new :wink:

OGShocker
08-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Apathy....
Yep I am a loser that sits around and does nothing....your point is.
Apathy; lack of interest or concern : INDIFFERENCE
No where do I read "loser" You OK tonight or what?

Bre
08-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Apathy; lack of interest or concern : INDIFFERENCE
No where do I read "loser" You OK tonight or what?
Andy gave me the meaning. You actually thought I would know that kind of a word? :idea:
Andys words.... it means I have no motivation to do anything.
GUess I'm an idiot :(

OGShocker
08-15-2004, 09:05 PM
I use this on the big words... NO S**T, I really do.
Big word helper (http://www.merriamwebster.com/)

HM
08-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Look at it from a boating perspective:
There are no wacko environmentalist groups giving to the republicans, and Bush for that matter.
Dems, and Kerry specifically, are taking their money freely and are already in the backpockets of people who want you off the water, permenantly.
So if you want to keep your high performance boat, vote Bush.
If you want Lake Powell to be permenantly drained, and want the future of perfomance boats to disappear, vote Kerry.

OGShocker
08-15-2004, 09:07 PM
There are no wacko environmentalist groups giving to the republicans, and Bush for that matter.
Dems, and Kerry specifically, are taking their money freely and are already in the backpockets of people who want you off the water, permenantly.
So if you want to keep your high performance boat, vote Bush.
If you want Lake Powell to be permenantly drained, and want the future of perfomance boats to disappear, vote Kerry.
Well said!

Bre
08-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Bre<<-- never voting

OGShocker
08-15-2004, 09:12 PM
:cry: Bre<<-- never voting
:cry:

Bre
08-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Anyways...looks like it's time for Bre to turn the computer off.

OGShocker
08-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Anyways...looks like it's time for Bre to turn the computer off.
You do know that is ME crying....

Bre
08-15-2004, 09:18 PM
I'm just not in the mood to have shit talked on me...normally I can laugh about it...but with tomorrow being Monday I cannot

SoCalOffshore
08-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Just vote for Bush and it will all be better. :cool:

dgie
08-16-2004, 07:50 AM
Damn this sucks we have not had a good president since Regan, My all time favorite was FDR never get anyone like that again, brought our contry thru a war and the Great Depression, imposed the New Deal....look at our choices today :squiggle: Its hard to vote for Bush when I think he is such a Moron, he needs to go be the president of Crawford Texas, that way he can only screw up a community and not a country. Lets face it he is there because he rode his daddys coat tails to the presidency, thats it. I live here in Texas and believe me not everyone here likes him, I never voted him in to begin with.

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Damn this sucks we have not had a good president since Regan, My all time favorite was FDR never get anyone like that again, brought our contry thru a war and the Great Depression, imposed the New Deal....look at our choices today :squiggle: Its hard to vote for Bush when I think he is such a Moron, he needs to go be the president of Crawford Texas, that way he can only screw up a community and not a country. Lets face it he is there because he rode his daddys coat tails to the presidency, thats it. I live here in Texas and believe me not everyone here likes him, I never voted him in to begin with.
So, you will vote for a candidate who will fight to take away you right to boat, drive the car/truck of your choice and take a more "sensitive" approach to the war on terror? I would expect nothing less from an NDB.

dgie
08-16-2004, 09:25 AM
First thing I am not sure what NDB is and probably do not want to know. Second I live in Texas and we pretty much do whatever the hell we want to out here anyways. We are not as restricted as people who live in California. I lived there for 12 years in southern California so i know of a lot of the policies and the crap laws you guys deal with out there. did I mention we can also carry Hand guns around out here :)

Jeanyus
08-16-2004, 09:31 AM
http://www.flagandbanner.com/f-b-images/US35SG.jpg
This flag represents freedom. It represents being able to choose how you live your life. It means you can choose the people that run our country. A lot of American lives have been lost, a lot of blood has been shed, to keep this flag flying.
I will always vote. IMO I owe it to those who have sacrificed, to save this flag.
I am not trying to criticize. Just trying to state how important I think voting, and getting involved, with trying to do what I think is right.
Americans also have the right to do nothing. Of course if you do nothing you wont make any mistakes.
But to me doing nothing is a mistake, IMO people who do nothing end up as victims, or slaves.

dgie
08-16-2004, 09:52 AM
http://www.flagandbanner.com/f-b-images/US35SG.jpg
This flag represents freedom. It represents being able to choose how you live your life. It means you can choose the people that run our country. A lot of American lives have been lost, a lot of blood has been shed, to keep this flag flying.
I will always vote. IMO I owe it to those who have sacrificed, to save this flag.
I am not trying to criticize. Just trying to state how important I think voting, and getting involved, with trying to do what I think is right.
Americans also have the right to do nothing. Of course if you do nothing you wont make any mistakes.
But to me doing nothing is a mistake, IMO people who do nothing end up as victims, or slaves.
I know what the flag means and since I served in the Marine Corps for 12 years on active duty I feel that I have served my part in giving back on that front. I participated in every scirmish from 1986 to 1998 with the exception of Somalia because I was already forward deployed elsewhere, but of course still can not speak of it. I do not however like the choices of candidates and I think there are better candidates out there that deserve the position who truly want to do something for the people of this country and not just to put another notch in their legacy like Bush and Kerry are trying to do. I brought up FDR for a reason he was a man who was not out for his own glory, he was out there for the people. He was a president that proved himself over and over during his presidency. The people liked him so much he had to impose term limits on the presidency because he felt without it we would resmble a monarchy and that would strip the people of this country from their freedom.

08-16-2004, 09:53 AM
Every citizen has a duty to vote but only if these citizens are informed of the issues and people on the ballot. There is nothing more scary than a voter who votes ignorantly. I don't understand how voter turnout can be 30-40% when other countrys fight to the death for the right to vote.

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 09:55 AM
I mention we can also carry Hand guns around out here :)
One more RIGHT Kerry and his people would take from you. You lifestyle is everything the liberals HATE!

dgie
08-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Personaly I do not have a gun, I do not feel that I have a need for one. It was just a point I was trying to make. Texas is the Lone Star State and can susceed from the union at any time, that was part of the deal that was agreed to as as becoming part of the union in the first place. We all know that would not hapen, but trying to strip Bubbas rifle from him would create a a big problem down here.

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 10:06 AM
I served in the Marine Corps for 12 years on active duty.
Thank you for your service.
How can you consider voting for a man that fought against the funding of most every major weapons program over the past 20+ years?

dgie
08-16-2004, 10:09 AM
How could you consider voting for a man (bush) who is trying to cut funding for disabled vets and the Va health care system while service members are getting shot and killed in Iraq?

Jeanyus
08-16-2004, 10:13 AM
It seems like the last few elections. My voting plan has been figure out which candidate is worst and vote for the other guy. With all the people in America why are these the only choices ?
With 30% voter turn out, it seems that 70 % of the nation has forgotten history.
But with the no one fails scool system, they probably can't read a history book anyway.
They cant even operate a voteing machine.
Being informed on issues, is not to hard to figure out. I usually vote no on all the new laws etc. Because everyone seems to take away another one of our freedoms. And I think we have enough laws on the books.
And I usually try to vote the incumbant out, let someone else mess things up for the next 4 years.
But for president I have no choice but to vote for Bush because Kerry has a problem and is scary.

dgie
08-16-2004, 10:21 AM
I think I am going to make my vote count and vote for Bre....Damn what if she wins :idea: :D

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 11:14 AM
How could you consider voting for a man (bush) who is trying to cut funding for disabled vets and the Va health care system while service members are getting shot and killed in Iraq?
This comes from DNC.org.
Bush VA Spending Fails To Grow With Health Care Costs
Despite Bush's claims, "the annual percentage increase it requested for veterans' health care is 5.4 percent -- hardly a windfall considering that the consumer price index for medical care was 13 percent during fiscal year 2002. VA officials have testified that it would take a 13 to 14 percent hike in the VA's health care budget just to maintain the status quo." [Rep. Lane Evans (D-IL) Op-Ed, The Hill, 9/17/03]
Long have the Dems called spending increases "CUTS" How would you fix the problems in the VA? Buy throwing more monies at the problem? Maybe just maybe we could cut the waste. Or, we could fall back on the Dems idea of raising taxes. :hammerhea
As for our troops dying in the field. Although tragic, this is one of the costs of War. We are at war...remember?!

HM
08-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Cut? Just like my compadre OG said, look who is saying there is a cut, and what would they consider a cut? Sounds simple, but it is not, again - manipulation by the left.
There is a thing called baseline spending, which increases every year. A few years back, if you did not vote to continue the baseline %, it was called a cut by the dems. Now, they propose a increase, and if you disagree, you are voting to "cut" spending, when in fact you are going for an increase, just less than theirs.
To me, a "cut" is when you spend LESS than last year. By the way - there have never been any cuts in spending - only changes in where it is spent. So all these "cuts" we hear about with teachers, and police budgets, and etc. are not because of "cuts". They are because they decide to pay for ILLEGAL immigrants schooling and healthcare, because the dems want us to foot the bill for all their "social" bs programs and other pet programs to make this a better world that does include performance boating. The problem with government is the same problem that most people have - it is not how much you make, it is how much you spend. Look at how all the people of CA got bamboozled into voting for the Lottery......don't you want to help our kids and schools? BS! What ever money is generated for schools by the Lottery has a side effect they did not advertise - they take the equal amount of money from the normal budget that was for the schools and spend it elsewhere ending up with no net gain. Again, the "dems" pull out the "starving child" card - manipulating the facts to get you to help fund their pet programs to abolish performance boating. You think I am joking? What....their goal is only to get rid of SUV's? Tools.

HM
08-16-2004, 12:34 PM
As for our troops dying in the field. Although tragic, this is one of the costs of War. We are at war...remember?!
And more specifically, the cost of Freedom.

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 12:48 PM
And more specifically, the cost of Freedom.
Amen, Brother!

dgie
08-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Feel free to vote how you want.....I personally am not at this point, seems like the only smart thing to do, for me anyways :argue: :cool:

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 01:59 PM
I think I am going to make my vote count and vote for Bre....Damn what if she wins :idea: :D
A chicken in every pot, a car in every garage, and no more bras, pasties for all the women...
:idea: :rollside:

Dave C
08-16-2004, 01:59 PM
why don't you vote for Nader........ :p

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 02:04 PM
why don't you vote for Nader........ :p
That's a judicious use of a vote... :sleeping:

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 02:10 PM
In a battle of wits, bring ammo. Why is it when liberals are confronted with FACTS they run to line like..... "well, I guess we can all agree to disagree" or "You vote your way and I'll vote mine". Buck up and debate. When confronted with facts and proof of an oposing view, (not name calling) I will listen. I mean WTF! All this BS of I am not voting FOR Kerry I am voting against Bush and hi Daddy s**t is LAME!

dgie
08-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Looks like I may have hurt someones little feelings :frown: look what someone left me for a little present in my reputation bin :D and did not even leave their name, OG is that you?
08-16-2004 06:38 PM Bush is not a moron, you are!

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Looks like I may have hurt someones little feelings :frown: look what someone left me for a little present in my reputation bin :D and did not even leave their name, OG is that you?
08-16-2004 06:38 PM Bush is not a moron, you are!
I have no feelings, I am a Republican.
I left nothing for you if I did I would have left my name. You rarely warrant my time. I am not drawn to name calling.

vodkarocks
08-16-2004, 02:21 PM
dgie I agree you should not vote. Please go back and read your history book again if you think FDR did such a great job

dgie
08-16-2004, 02:21 PM
In a battle of wits, bring ammo. Why is it when liberals are confronted with FACTS they run to line like..... "well, I guess we can all agree to disagree" or "You vote your way and I'll vote mine". Buck up and debate. When confronted with facts and proof of an oposing view, (not name calling) I will listen. I mean WTF! All this BS of I am not voting FOR Kerry I am voting against Bush and hi Daddy s**t is LAME!
Personally I started this thread as a question and Bre answered it, just fine "Don't Vote" your the one who will not let it rest. I am not running and hiding. I have got my answer and that is good enough for me. I am not out to sway any ones opinion on the subject I am just getting views. Currently I have a name for you you can find it in the dictionary under the "A's" :p

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Since the "cuts" thing was effectively debunked, how can you consider voting for a man that has voted against EVERY major defense appropriation that has come up before him as a Senator? That one just escapes me.

dgie
08-16-2004, 02:25 PM
dgie I agree you should not vote. Please go back and read your history book again if you think FDR did such a great job
I dont think he did such a bad job at all, any particular point you are making?

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 02:32 PM
N=North
D=Dallas
B=Blowhard

gnarley
08-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Lets not forget that the republicans have wacko groups also, the far right, ultra conservatives, the Christian coalition. IMO they are as far out there as the Looney lefties, environmental wacko's and tree huggers. I don't want either having enough input to effect me!
The Dem’s may take money from someone you don’t like but aren’t there people or contributors who equally share with the republicans to help the push their agenda?
The Wacko groups giving to Bush want you to live the way they see fit and not the way you think is reasonable and IMO, they seem to remove controls from big business that ends up hurting the average family. Look at the NEW drug policy for Seniors supported by the AARP as an example.
I am not taking sides here, just pointing out the other side of the argument. :argue:

dgie
08-16-2004, 02:39 PM
OG your a fricken retard I don't even live in Dallas I Live in Euless, its just a cover to throw freaks off like you :boxingguy

vodkarocks
08-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Of his many blunders I would say Social Security was the biggest. he may not have imagined what it could become but he should have realized it was nothing but a ponzi scheme and at sometime in the future would fail.
He also sat on his rear until it was almost to late in WWII and my point was that if you are disinterested and misinformed you probably should not vote

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Lets not forget that the republicans have wacko groups also, the far right, ultra conservatives, the Christian coalition. IMO they are as far out there as the Looney lefties, environmental wacko's and tree huggers. I don't want either having enough input to effect me!
You have that right, the far right is just as rabbid and goofy as the far left, albeit in different ways. I don't want the Christian Groups having any more say in government than the Sierra Club or Bluewater Network. In fact I don't want them having any... :chi:

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 02:43 PM
OG your a fricken retard
No, but thank you for proving my point yet again.

ratso
08-16-2004, 02:45 PM
OG your a fricken retard I don't even live in Dallas I Live in Euless, its just a cover to throw freaks off like you :boxingguy
I don't really live IN Waco either...just nearby. :D

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 02:46 PM
No, but thank you for proving my point yet again.
OG, did he say he lived in Useless? :confused:

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 02:48 PM
I don't really live IN Waco either...just nearby. :D
Belton, TX?

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 02:49 PM
OG, did he say he lived in Useless? :confused:
I think he tried. Spelling is a new art for the boy. Sharp as a sack o' hammers I think.

dgie
08-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Of his many blunders I would say Social Security was the biggest. he may not have imagined what it could become but he should have realized it was nothing but a ponzi scheme and at sometime in the future would fail.
He also sat on his rear until it was almost to late in WWII and my point was that if you are disinterested and misinformed you probably should not vote
Wow and if you had a crystal ball and seen the fact that social security would be in the shape it is now then you should have lent it to him. here is some light reading on FDR for you:
The widespread prosperity of the 1920s ended abruptly with the stock market crash in October 1929 and the great economic depression that followed. The depression threatened people's jobs, savings, and even their homes and farms. At the depths of the depression, over one-quarter of the American workforce was out of work. For many Americans, these were hard times.
The New Deal, as the first two terms of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's presidency were called, became a time of hope and optimism. Although the economic depression continued throughout the New Deal era, the darkest hours of despair seemed to have passed. In part, this was the result of FDR himself. In his first inaugural address, FDR asserted his "firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself--nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror." As FDR provided leadership, most Americans placed great confidence in him.
The economic troubles of the 1930s were worldwide in scope and effect. Economic instability led to political instability in many parts of the world. Political chaos, in turn, gave rise to dictatorial regimes such as Adolf Hitler's in Germany and the military's in Japan. (Totalitarian regimes in the Soviet Union and Italy predated the depression.) These regimes pushed the world ever-closer to war in the 1930s. When world war finally broke out in both Europe and Asia, the United States tried to avoid being drawn into the conflict. But so powerful and influential a nation as the United States could scarcely avoid involvement for long.
When Japan attacked the U.S. Naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on December 7, 1941, the United States found itself in the war it had sought to avoid for more than two years. Mobilizing the economy for world war finally cured the depression. Millions of men and women joined the armed forces, and even larger numbers went to work in well-paying defense jobs. World War Two affected the world and the United States profoundly; it continues to influence us even today.

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Wow and if you had a crystal ball and seen the fact that social security would be in the shape it is now then you should have lent it to him. here is some light reading on FDR for you:
The widespread prosperity of the 1920s ended abruptly with the stock market crash in October 1929 and the great economic depression that followed. The depression threatened people's jobs, savings, and even their homes and farms. At the depths of the depression, over one-quarter of the American workforce was out of work. For many Americans, these were hard times.
The New Deal, as the first two terms of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's presidency were called, became a time of hope and optimism. Although the economic depression continued throughout the New Deal era, the darkest hours of despair seemed to have passed. In part, this was the result of FDR himself. In his first inaugural address, FDR asserted his "firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself--nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror." As FDR provided leadership, most Americans placed great confidence in him.
The economic troubles of the 1930s were worldwide in scope and effect. Economic instability led to political instability in many parts of the world. Political chaos, in turn, gave rise to dictatorial regimes such as Adolf Hitler's in Germany and the military's in Japan. (Totalitarian regimes in the Soviet Union and Italy predated the depression.) These regimes pushed the world ever-closer to war in the 1930s. When world war finally broke out in both Europe and Asia, the United States tried to avoid being drawn into the conflict. But so powerful and influential a nation as the United States could scarcely avoid involvement for long.
When Japan attacked the U.S. Naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on December 7, 1941, the United States found itself in the war it had sought to avoid for more than two years. Mobilizing the economy for world war finally cured the depression. Millions of men and women joined the armed forces, and even larger numbers went to work in well-paying defense jobs. World War Two affected the world and the United States profoundly; it continues to influence us even today.
Wow! Cool Google! :rolleyes:

dgie
08-16-2004, 02:56 PM
OG, did you look up your new word in the dictionary yet.....

Dave C
08-16-2004, 02:57 PM
the depression was not ended by FDR's new deal. It was WWII that ended the depression.
the new deal was a group of social programs that tried to keep people from remaining in destitute.
the new deal did not create economic expansion, only the war created expansion.

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 02:58 PM
While I respect FDR because he gave people hope in a dark time, I don't agree with his politics.
I was thinking back to my 5th grade teacher talking about the great depression and "trickle down economics" and how it doesn't work. :hammer2: Talk about being programmed by the loonie left!

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 03:03 PM
OG, did you look up your new word in the dictionary yet.....
The letter "A"
1.Used before nouns and noun phrases that denote a single but unspecified person or thing: a region; a person.
2.Used before terms, such as few or many, that denote number, amount, quantity, or degree: only a few of the voters; a bit more rest; a little excited.
3.Used before a proper name to denote a type or a member of a class: the wisdom of a Socrates.
4.Used before a mass noun to indicate a single type or example: a dry wine.
The same: birds of a feather.
Any: not a drop to drink.
If you need help with the big words, let me know.
Now, let us move beyond the petty skirmishes and answer the questions posed to you.
Headed home.

Pesky Varmint
08-16-2004, 03:18 PM
If you like boating (mechanized recreation), and the places to use it
(multiple use of public lands) then you are a hypocrite if you vote
democratic. Their agenda is to shut down all public lands and make
them wilderness accessible only by foot. They want to shut down
all mechanized recreation.
And don't forget: which candidate will Al-Qaeda support?
Pesky Varmint
Bush/Cheney in 04!

dgie
08-16-2004, 03:23 PM
The letter "A"
1.Used before nouns and noun phrases that denote a single but unspecified person or thing: a region; a person.
2.Used before terms, such as few or many, that denote number, amount, quantity, or degree: only a few of the voters; a bit more rest; a little excited.
3.Used before a proper name to denote a type or a member of a class: the wisdom of a Socrates.
4.Used before a mass noun to indicate a single type or example: a dry wine.
The same: birds of a feather.
Any: not a drop to drink.
If you need help with the big words, let me know.
Now, let us move beyond the petty skirmishes and answer the questions posed to you.
Headed home.
OG you make me laugh I am the one working on a masters degree right now and you are the one trying to impress me with a few big words and a GED. Try impressing people who care.......

ratso
08-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Belton, TX?
Speegleville...but don't tell anyone...

dgie
08-16-2004, 03:48 PM
I say Dallas because I know no one knows where Euless is, its easier this way, otherwise everyone would be saying "Where is Euless ?" at that point I have to go through the whole deal, its between Dallas and Fort Worth about 10 minutes from DFW airport, etc. etc.. I am sure there is at least one other person on this board who does the same thing to eliminate confusion....Hmm who could it be :idea: I need one more bad rep point to make it an even 3 :D

dgie
08-16-2004, 04:02 PM
If you like boating (mechanized recreation), and the places to use it
(multiple use of public lands) then you are a hypocrite if you vote
democratic. Their agenda is to shut down all public lands and make
them wilderness accessible only by foot. They want to shut down
all mechanized recreation.
Like I said earlier in Texas we can do pretty much what we want. AZ and California are the ones that all this affects the most. When I was up in Tahoe they were talking about not allowing the lake lice on the lake anymore. Here I can run with Zoomies on my jet and all the rangers would say is "Cool !!" that is not all the lakes out here but all the ones I have been on up here in north Texas. I already said I am not voting anyways, it's pointless for me. If the democrats win I will still be able to put zoomies on my jet. I would rather give the deciding vote to people who live in California and AZ. If that isn't kissing up for good rep points then I do not know what is :D

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Mums the word~!

OGShocker
08-16-2004, 06:38 PM
OG you make me laugh I am the one working on a masters degree right now and you are the one trying to impress me with a few big words and a GED. Try impressing people who care.......
Masters in what? Dance?
The people in HBF that know me know, I am to old, fat and bald to give a rats ass what anyone thinks. Least of all a professional student.
Have a nice day.
You still refuse to answer the questions posed to you. Why?

dgie
08-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Masters in what? Dance?
The people in HBF that know me know, I am to old, fat and bald to give a rats ass what anyone thinks. Least of all a professional student.
Have a nice day.
You still refuse to answer the questions posed to you. Why?
Dance thats funny :)

HighRoller
08-16-2004, 09:48 PM
I think "Track Record" is important. John Kerry missed more than 75% of his Senate votes in the last year. He also was a member of the Senate Armed Forces Intelligence committee. They held 49 meetings since Sept. 11. He missed 38 of them. He has NEVER voted for a tax cut, yet now promises the middle class lower taxes. Get the picture? You cannot be a major player in today's Democrat party and support lower taxes. You can talk about them, like Bill Clinton did in his infamous promise. We all know what happened when he got in there. The largest tax increase in American history, made retroactive to the year before so he could get more of your money. BTW, according to the IRS, once you have paid your federal and state taxes it is ILLEGAL for them to levy further taxes upon you as an "income tax". this law protects you from being over taxed. Basically, the retroactive portion of Bill Clinton's tax increase was illegal.

steelcomp
08-16-2004, 09:56 PM
the whole tax system is confiscatory, unconstitutional, and illegal.
Interesting info on JFKerry
Following is a brief backround on Mrs. John Kerry.
Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry. Married Senator Kerry in 1995. She only took his name eighteen months ago and she is an "interesting" paradox of conflicts.
If you thought John Kerry was scary, he doesn't hold a candle to his wife! Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry was born in Mozambique, the daughter of a Portuguese physician, was educated in Switzerland and South Africa. Fluent in five languages, she was working as a United Nat ions interpreter in Geneva in the mid-60's when she met a "handsome" young American, H. John Heinz, III, who worked at a bank in Geneva. He told her his family was "in the food business."
They were married in 1966 and returned to Pittsburgh where his family ran the giant H. J. Heinz food company. He was elected to the US House of Representatives in 1971, and in 1976 he was elected to the first of three terms in the United States Senate. A Republican, he wrote a burning diatribe against some of the causes backed by young House member John Kerry.)
Several years later, in 1991, he was killed when his plane collided with a Sun Oil Company helicopter over a Philadelphia suburb. The senator, his pilot and copilot, and both of Sun's helicopter pilots were killed. He was survived by his wife, Teresa, and their three young sons. Four years later, having inherited Heinz's $500 million fortune, she married Senator John Forbes Kerry, the liberal then-junior senator from Massachusetts. She became a registered Democrat and the process of her radicalization was set in motion.
Heinz Kerry is not shy about telling people that she required Kerry to sign a prenuptial agreement before they were married. John Kerry may not have check writing privileges on the Heinz catsup and pickle fortune, but he is certainly a willing and uncomplaining beneficiary of it.
A lot of hard-earned money, made through many years of hawking catsup, mustard, and pickles has fallen into the hands of two people who despise successful entrepreneurship and who believe in the confiscatory redistribution of wealth.
So how does Mrs. Heinz Kerry spend John Heinz's money?
Just one example: According to the G2 Bulletin, an online intelligence newsletter of WorldNetDaily, in the years between 1995-2001 she gave more than $4 million to an organization called the Tides Foundation. And what does the Tides Foundation do with John Heinz's money?
They support numerous antiwar groups, including Ramsey Clark's International Action Center. Clark has offered to defend Saddam Hussein when he's tried.
They support the Democratic Justice Fund, a joint venture of the Tides Foundation and billionaire hate-monger George Soros. The Democratic Justice Fund seeks to ease restrictions on Muslim immigration from "terrorist" states.
They support the Council for American-Islamic Relations, whose leaders are known to have close ties to the t errorist group, Hamas.
They support the National Lawyers Guild, organized as a communist front during the Cold War era. One of their attorneys, Lynne Stewart, has been arrested for helping a client, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, communicate with terror cells in Egypt. He is the convicted mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
They support the "Barrio Warriors," a radical Hispanic group whose primary goal is to return all of Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas to Mexico.
These are but a few of the radical groups that benefit, through the anonymity provided by the Tides Foundation, from the generosity of our would-be first lady, the wealthy widow of Republican senator Jo hn Heinz, and now the wife of the Democratic senator who aspires to be the 44th President of the United States.
Aiding and supporting our enemies is not good for America, regardless of your political views.
If voters will open their eyes, educate themselves and see the real Teresa Heinz Kerry, they will not appreciate her position as ultra rich fairy godmother of the radical left. They will not want to imagine her laying her head on a pillow each night inches away from the President of the United States.
Hopefully they love this country enough to decide that the only way these two will ever be allowed into the White House is with an engraved invitation in hand.
Instead of deleting this, pass it on. Let everyone know these people are unfit to represent this great nation. The uninformed will never hear the truth from the press, who wants Kerry elected!
Those who buy the Kerry facade, beware what you vote for - - - you may regret that you got it!
In God We Trust

steelcomp
08-16-2004, 10:05 PM
since this has gone political, I'll take the opportunity to share some more info. This is a must read for anyone who thinks they have a handle on the conservative vs. liberal debate.
Un f***ing believable.This is critical!
>At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution,
>in the year 1787, Alexander Tyler (a Scottish history professor at the
>University of Edinborough ) had this to say about "The Fall of The
>Athenian Republic" some 2,000
> years prior.
>
>
> "A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot
> exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will
> continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that
> they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
> From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
> who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the
> result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose
>fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."
>
> "The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the
> beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200
> years, these nations always progressed through the following
>sequence:
> From Bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great
>courage;
> From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance
>too complacency;
> From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence;
> From dependence back into bondage."
> Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St.
>Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the most
>recent Presidential election:
>Population of counties won by:
> Gore=127 million
> Bush=143 million
> Square miles of land won by:
> Gore= 580,000
> Bush=22,427,000
> States won by:
> Gore=19
> Bush=29
> Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
> Gore=13.2
> Bush= 2.1
> Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush
> won was mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this
>great country. Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living
>in government-owned tenements and living off government welfare..."
>
>
>Olson believes the U.S. is now somewhere between the "complacency and"
>apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy; with some 40
>percent of the nation's population already having reached the
>"governmental dependency" phase.
>
>
>
>Pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake
>in this Election Year and that apathy is the greatest danger to our
>freedom.
>God Bless America!

steelcomp
08-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Got awful quiet here.

Dr. Eagle
08-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Got awful quiet here.
I was looking for that very article a while back, At least the first part of it. the second part regarding the counties won and so on... that was good stuff too.
I think we are heading for the point where those whose back all the generous gifts are carried on are about done with it all. Farther along than the author believes, but that is MHO.

steelcomp
08-17-2004, 06:43 PM
I think there's about to be a serious paradigm shift, and the libs aren't going to like it. This election is pivotal. And IMO, it's already in the bag. Now if we can just get the Supreme Court cleaned up...

Jeanyus
08-17-2004, 07:24 PM
They say history repeats itself. Why does the fall of Rome seem like looking into a crystal ball?

SoCalOffshore
08-17-2004, 07:36 PM
I agree totally. We truely are doomed!! :2purples:

repo man
08-17-2004, 08:00 PM
thought you guys would get a kick out of this

Dr. Eagle
08-17-2004, 08:22 PM
I agree totally. We truely are doomed!! :2purples:
Yes, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: