PDA

View Full Version : PWC's, They need mandatory training!

Screemy1
08-16-2004, 06:53 AM
A day at Pyramid, Sunday was a blast. Met up with Shifty and had a great time... But back to the title... Right out of the no wake zone... I just started to take off, and a Seadoo comes up along side, cuts in front and stops right in front of me.... wait, it gets worse... We beached at the swim beach where there is car access buit it was closed... There was a group with a bunch of Seadoos that darted all over the beach area never really looking around them... Shortly after Shifty headed off to the ramp, were he can later tell you about his PWC experiance at the ramp later... one Seadoo with a man in his 30's and a girl in her 20's was just idling on their Doo... when another one from their group (16 year old) T-bones them at almost full throttle.... by the way, this is about 30ft from the shore... The crash made chopped liver of the man's leg, injured the girl's lag... who knows what else happened to them... but the worst part was that nobody from there group went out to help... a group that was to the other side of us swam out as myself. I brought the first seadoo back to the beach as the other people which included a lady that was a nurse help the guy... I went back out and got the other ski, and the girl and pulled it back to shore... Then I finially figured out why their group just stood there, none of them knew how to swim.... but they all got there on a bunch of seadoos. The guy was airlifted out, and the girl left by ambulance... the kid that hit them seemed fine, but the moral is... get some knowledge before you buy a PWC, and :jawdrop: LEARN HOW TO SWIM!

Sniper4x4
08-16-2004, 10:09 PM
& they need a PWC riding lessons, IMO it should be mandatory I've seen some lil kids (5-7yrs) riding em like a bat outta hell & with no cares in the world. Since they're too young to know any better they're parents are to blame.

Flying Tiger
08-16-2004, 11:16 PM
Zero tollarance enforcing laws with them.
No slack,,,
What surprises me is you'd think their'd be more accidents with them.

HighRoller
08-16-2004, 11:46 PM
The "No Swimming" thing amazes me. Recently here on the Columbia river there have been 5 deaths in the last 2 weeks. They called them "tragedies", but WTF? All of these people were playing either near shore or on PWC's in a swift moving river and NONE OF THEM knew how to swim! Why the HELL would you play in the water if you can't swim? One kid was on a floating dock in a pond 100 yards from land in a nearby city and drowned. DUH! He fell in and sunk. Wake up! If you plan to participate in watersports, either learn how to swim or wear a big vest! Stupid people..........

Kilrtoy
08-17-2004, 01:18 AM
THAT WAS THE MOST P.C CORRECT FORUM EVER,
So a bunch of Brown skins, MEXICANS OR OTHER S.O.T.B. PEOPLES DID THIS. If i'm wrong it will be one of a few. i see them leaving every sat and sun when I go to that part of town towing in the carpool or fast lane.

Rexone
08-17-2004, 01:20 AM
IMO mandatory education is needed not only for PWC's but boaters as well. Plenty of clueless boaters too out there that have no idea about proper navigation or safety rules.
And riding a PWC not knowing how to swim... well that just goes goes with the mindset I guess that people consider these things not dangerous and are basically clueless as to what can happen when they fall off, collide with each other, or worse collide with a larger boat.
I guess they consider a "life" vest a substitute for being able to swim. It all comes back to "no education" and PWC outlets and rental facilities just pushing them out the door for the $$$$.

JustMVG
08-17-2004, 02:51 AM
Pyramid is big enought to set up a castaic like Containment area, since they the pwcers, get more scrutinised when they go to Castaic they love the fact that they can go any where they want and even two feet behind
your boat if they want no sherriff around, budget cuts, and yes recently while om my motorcycle i have had to tell 2 folks you can't tow in the carpool lane, oh ok is all they can do , MANDATORY education is what we need, if the MFGRS have to start by giving classes hell they offer first timers a motorcycle safety course, can't they do the same just put in a pool or sednthese folks to a pool or a lake nearby and teach them the very basic of PWC ownership. If any of them are homeowners they could lose everything just because little andrea or andy had to show off and hit someone or some thing, I am sickened when i see the bs that these guys at pyramid pull, espeecially afeter coming out of the marina area, right across the bow, if and when i go back to pyramid i will get into full roost mode quickly, and will not give a flying , it's obvious that a firehose will knock your butt over so why do you take on a boat moving at 25 to 40 mph you take your life in your hands not mine, i'll move in the best direction the best i can but if we hit i wll help you to shore and render first aid, youll probobly need it, and then i am on my way to have my good time for the day, sorry but you had a lack of judgement. have a good day and enjoy the trip to the hospital, it's just down the road, MANDATORY EDUCATION might have saved this person alot of ache and pains.
Thanks for letting me rant. MIKE VG

Coach
08-17-2004, 06:11 AM
We talk about Maditory Education, but what about having a clue? If you go out and buy something educate yourself. When I bought my first boat I went out and took a boating safety class because I didn't want to be the jackass screwing it up for others on the water. Too many people can't look past the end of their nose to figure things out or don't want to take the time to investigate. I bet the same people hate all of the "rules" when they have to be made because of jackasses that don't bother to learn them. Licencing will be on the way soon with all of the people refusing to learn the rules on their own.
As for the not able to swin issue we saved a kid 3 years ago. I was wakeboarding an a family is screaming from the shore. Sure enought their 4 year old kid was floating down river, in a vest, and none of them could swim. I dropped the rope the boat picked me up and I jumped in and pulled the kid to shore. No English and no thanks either. :eek: Way to plan ahead dipshit. Stupidity is killing america. :mad: