PDA

View Full Version : You know your living in 2004 when...

HCS
08-16-2004, 05:01 PM
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You go home after long days at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.
7. You make phone calls from home, you accidentally dial "9" to get an outside line.
8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies.
10. You learn about your redundancy on the 11 o'clock news.
11. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.
12. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
13. Every commercial on television has a website at the bottom of the screen.
14. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
15. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee.
16. You start tilting your head sideways to smile.
17. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
18. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
19. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
20. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.
AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.

welk2party
08-16-2004, 05:03 PM
I have seen this before and it still makes me laugh. Sad commentary on todays lifestyles. :rolleyes:

Debbolas
08-16-2004, 05:06 PM
LOL :D
Except my number four is.............
I instant message my daughters in their rooms to come do the dishes!
lol ;)

Big_Gunz_
08-16-2004, 05:07 PM
lol, good stuf, yes I forward it to my friends. :cool:

JustMVG
08-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Except my number four is.............
I instant message my daughters in their rooms to come do the dishes!
lol ;)
I do that to wake them up to do the dishes or any other chore!!! now thats sad.

Kilrtoy
08-16-2004, 05:12 PM
So true, so true

Flyinbowtie
08-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Boy, does that stuff ring true.
The times, they are a changin'...

Ziggy
08-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Seems to me this list has been edited by the aforementioned youths in attempt to skirt their responsibilities.....Notice #9 has been deleted :2purples: :D

Debbolas
08-16-2004, 05:15 PM
I'm sooooo glad I'm not the only one :2purples:

JustMVG
08-16-2004, 05:34 PM
but you should see the text msgs i get when they want/need something reeeeellllllyyyy baaad. My how things change like "ooops i guess i forgot to charge my phone" "you sent me something" or my fave " it must not have gone thru" you i have heard most of them by now but tit for tat is my motto, you do you get!!! tahts how it works aroud here most of the time... MVG

framer1
08-16-2004, 06:52 PM
So sad, So sad ,but true!!!!!!

prop check
08-16-2004, 07:26 PM
funny stuff

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 09:36 PM
I like a few of those, because it is so true. I worked for the same company as a consultant, employee (manager),quit and came back as a consultant, Contractor and the company will have changed names 3 times while there. :messedup:

HCS
08-16-2004, 09:40 PM
I like a few of those, because it is so true. I worked for the same company as a consultant, employee (manager),quit and came back as a consultant, Contractor and the company will have changed names 3 times while there. :messedup:
Thanks to Bill Clinton your still employed! :notam:

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Thanks to Bill Clinton your still employed! :notam:
Ummmmm OK....... someone keeps trying to :hammerhea beat that into my head... I'm not buying :argue:
A lot of the reason for changing jobs or employment arrangements with the same company is because of consolidation, largely brought about by the fact (or perception the companies have) that if you are not a nationwide company in wireless, you can't succeed. :skull:

HighRoller
08-16-2004, 09:59 PM
The "business" dynamic has changed drastically. The average job lasts 3.5 years now instead of 35 years. That's life. Everything in society moves faster and business has shifted to a price-driven dynamic instead of service and customer loyalty driving the market. To say a President is responsible for you having a job is ludicrous. YOU have the power in a capitalist society. If you lose your job, and you are VERY good at that job, start your own business doing what you are good at! If your job sucks, get a different one. If you aren't making enough money, get more skills or more education. America is great because freedom has many facets. If you have Dedication, Desire and Determination, nobody can stop you from acheiving anything you desire. That's why it's called the "American Dream".

HCS
08-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Bill Clinton had the most robust economy in 100 years. No other president
will ever match his legacy.
His face should be carved into the moutain El'Capitan at Yosimite as a tribute
to his greatness. :idea:

Dr. Eagle
08-16-2004, 10:03 PM
Bill Clinton had the most robust economy in 100 years. No other president
will ever match his legacy.
I keep hearing that from his hommies...... :p

HighRoller
08-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Hardcore, will they carve the back of Monica's head in the mountain as well? Just a little tidbit for ya as well. As of right now, the unemployment rate is LOWER than it was during Clinton. Consumer Confidence is HIGHER than it was during Clinton. The GDP had the biggest increase in 19 years this year so far. New home ownership is at an all time high. Just a few things you won't read in the New York Times or see on CNN. Oh, and the stock market was up 22% last year. Pretty good numbers for a country coming back from the devastation of 9-11.

HighRoller
08-16-2004, 10:12 PM
You know you're living in 2004 when you can pay for fast food with a credit card!

HCS
08-16-2004, 10:22 PM
You know your living in 2004 when your two girl freind neighbors merry each other.
And they can buy medical Marijuana for their mental problem.

HighRoller
08-16-2004, 10:35 PM
I got you beat. :confused: My neighbor is a cross dresser so he could marry himself!

Dr. Eagle
08-17-2004, 06:23 AM
Hardcore, will they carve the back of Monica's head in the mountain as well?
that's some funny shiznit... :rollside:

Scream
08-17-2004, 07:13 AM
If they did that, they could then start allowing the climbers to perform bodily functions without capturing it again like the good ol days.
Those guys and gals take the better part of a week to climb that rock face and have to sleep and eat on the way up. They also have to pee and dump just like regular peeps. Can you imagine not being the one at the top during a climbing excursion? :2purples: "Damn Seaguls" :eek: I'm glad I'm a fatass and will have that opportunity. :skull:

HCS
08-17-2004, 07:42 AM
Make sure and take your umbrella. :eek: