PDA

View Full Version : Dougans????

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
08-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Anybody know this shop or info on them???Cool guys?????Know their stuff???

GofastRacer
08-16-2004, 06:24 PM
I've never used them but all I hear is good stuff about them, they have done several magazine articles and from what I've read they seem to be on the up and up!..

77charger
08-16-2004, 08:14 PM
the guy who built our race boat motor went by there recently had a lot of good to say about them.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
08-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Cool. Thanks. They built the 496 that i got in my boat but...the bottom end let go :mad: So I was thinking of taken it by to there....or Speed o motive :confused:

GofastRacer
08-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Cool. Thanks. They built the 496 that i got in my boat but...the bottom end let go :mad: So I was thinking of taken it by to there....or Speed o motive :confused:
Take it to Dougan's!....It could be that it's something beyond anyone's control!..

WUTWZAT
08-16-2004, 09:30 PM
I was just out at the Avi and the boat that was able to shot a roost over the bridge had their name all over it. The boat belongs to Rivertard here on the boards. He doesn't type much or respond very often but he's a hell of a guy, with a killer boat.
Jason

beached 1
08-17-2004, 06:59 AM
nice shop and very prof people there.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
08-17-2004, 01:59 PM
Cool thanlks.. That boat looks just like mine but ours is yellow with a blown up engine :hammer2: :angry2: :D

Brian Ray
08-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Is this the shop in Riverside?? If so I they did some head work for me awhile back.

teeitup
08-18-2004, 08:19 AM
What work was done on the 496? How did it run before your problem?

beached 1
08-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Is this the shop in Riverside?? If so I they did some head work for me awhile back.
yes, sort of. I think that area is called Mira Loma

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
08-18-2004, 02:40 PM
They built the motor and dynoed it at 680 or something. It ran good. I ran in parker dam to dam, and from the bridge to the sandbar in Havasu. Then on the way back back it let go. The bottom let go..4 broken rods,the oil pan was full of water,shot the rod caps through the pan. :hammerhea :mad: bout 5 holes in the pan. beat the crap out of the inside of the motor. I think I am going to build a new bottom end and put the heads and rest of the top end on it..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

GofastRacer
08-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Yep they are in Riverside!..

GofastRacer
08-18-2004, 06:21 PM
They built the motor and dynoed it at 680 or something. It ran good. I ran in parker dam to dam, and from the bridge to the sandbar in Havasu. Then on the way back back it let go. The bottom let go..4 broken rods,the oil pan was full of water,shot the rod caps through the pan. :hammerhea :mad: bout 5 holes in the pan. beat the crap out of the inside of the motor. I think I am going to build a new bottom end and put the heads and rest of the top end on it..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Sounds like it was a parts failure, not the machine shop. Now how hard did you run it?, were the internal parts adequate for the way you wanted to run it??, that can be a big factor!..