PDA

View Full Version : Orange county peeps!

Drunk tank
08-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Well.. as of about 20 hours ago I have arrived in San Clemente CA. I also just found out that the girl i grew up with is a stripper now and we're going out latter this week (damn I'm quick!). Anyhow, where are some good places in Southern OC to go to dinner, cool places to hang out, and some other stuff to do round here? That sounds lame, but considering I've lived in CO since i was 15 I have no idea whats the cool places to go and things to do round this area. Normally I'd just take a girl elk hunting... kinda out of my element here. :idea:
Thanks for any help ya'll
Ryan

THOR
08-17-2004, 05:58 AM
One of my favorites is in Laguna Beach called "Las Brisas". They have an outside bar area where you can sit and overlook the ocean/beach. Ask the hostess for a window seat so you can see the view while you are eating. Good stuff.

Bre
08-17-2004, 06:05 AM
Well.. as of about 20 hours ago I have arrived in San Clemente CA. I also just found out that the girl i grew up with is a stripper now and we're going out latter this week (damn I'm quick!). Anyhow, where are some good places in Southern OC to go to dinner, cool places to hang out, and some other stuff to do round here? That sounds lame, but considering I've lived in CO since i was 15 I have no idea whats the cool places to go and things to do round this area. Normally I'd just take a girl elk hunting... kinda out of my element here. :idea:
Thanks for any help ya'll
Ryan
My house is the best place :D

beer hunter
08-17-2004, 06:07 AM
You might try the Irvine Spectrum (http://www.irvinespectrumcenter.com/) near the intersection of the 5 and 405 freeways. This place is very popular and has lots of restaurants, entertainment, shops and places to drink. :D

JB in so cal
08-17-2004, 06:11 AM
If you want to stay in San Clemente, go to Fisherman's on the pier; one side is the bar/snack food and the other side of the pier is the restaurant - great sea food and very informal.
On to Laguna, Javiers'- great mexican/southwest - across from Hotel Laguna then go around the corner to the Marine Room for some drinkin' and dancin'
Just a couple ideas - have fun.
So... Where does she "work"??
JB

copperrat20
08-17-2004, 06:39 AM
One of my favorites is in Laguna Beach called "Las Brisas". They have an outside bar area where you can sit and overlook the ocean/beach. Ask the hostess for a window seat so you can see the view while you are eating. Good stuff.
Las Brisas is an awesome place to take your date. Also in Laguna is "the beach house". You can sit on the balcony overlooking the ocean and listening to the waves break. Both excellent places.

Scream
08-17-2004, 06:45 AM
Isn't Laguna second to West Hollywood with regards to Homo to Hetero ratio? Watch out for which bar you go into, that's all I got to say.
:squiggle:

Jdbuck
08-17-2004, 06:46 AM
There are two good Italian places in Newport Beach: Villa Nova and Dulces. Both are right on Coast Highway, near the Balboa Bay Yatch Club. A nice place for cocktails and dancing is the View Lounge atop the Marriott Hotel in Newport Beach. (Near Fashion Island)

Mrs. casean
08-17-2004, 06:52 AM
If you want a lot of options for after dinner, the spectrum is great. If you want to do dinner in San Clemente I would take JB in Socal's advice and go to Fishermans on the pier or Sonny's pizza (best pizza in town)... have fun! OH if you like sushi, Gen Kai (Spelling) off PCH in Dana Point is the best around.

welk2party
08-17-2004, 06:54 AM
Isn't Laguna second to West Hollywood with regards to Homo to Hetero ratio? Watch out for which bar you go into, that's all I got to say.
:squiggle:
I think Laguna has a larger number. :boxed:

THOR
08-17-2004, 07:11 AM
I think Laguna has a larger number. :boxed:
Long Beach is one of the highest.

RP1
08-17-2004, 07:14 AM
Try the "Salt Creek INN" in Dana Point. The place has a bar that goes off and the food is excellent with nice atmosphere.

Scream
08-17-2004, 07:15 AM
Long Beach is one of the highest.
yea, I think you're right. What the hell is wrong with California, how did all of our costal citys become homo zones?

copperrat20
08-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Try the "Salt Creek INN" in Dana Point. The place has a bar that goes off and the food is excellent with nice atmosphere.
Salt Creek Inn used to be good years ago when it was the "crown house". Last time I went in there the food wasn't very good or hot and it took about 2 and a half hours to get a "quick meal". I don't recommend going there.

NastyOne
08-17-2004, 07:33 AM
I would take her the the Holiday Inn and not waist any time or money ;)

copperrat20
08-17-2004, 07:44 AM
I would take her the the Holiday Inn and not waist any time or money ;)
NastyOne - I hate to break it to you but that is why you are still dating palmala handerson! :crossx:

Drunk tank
08-17-2004, 07:53 AM
If you want a lot of options for after dinner, the spectrum is great. If you want to do dinner in San Clemente I would take JB in Socal's advice and go to Fishermans on the pier or Sonny's pizza (best pizza in town)... have fun! OH if you like sushi, Gen Kai (Spelling) off PCH in Dana Point is the best around.
I remember she LOVES sushi... so that might be a wise choice. Some of the places you all listed sounded bad ass... gonna have to hit em up! As for all them rainbows... Dont ya worry, I'll be watchin my bunghole. I'm to big and ugly... thatll keep them limp wristed fellows from buggin me

Drunk tank
08-17-2004, 07:55 AM
If you want to stay in San Clemente, go to Fisherman's on the pier; one side is the bar/snack food and the other side of the pier is the restaurant - great sea food and very informal.
On to Laguna, Javiers'- great mexican/southwest - across from Hotel Laguna then go around the corner to the Marine Room for some drinkin' and dancin'
Just a couple ideas - have fun.
So... Where does she "work"??
JB
Some place called The Library off of El Toro Rd. And no I'm not gonna tell you her real name or stage name, so please dont ask; this is my future babies moma we're talkin about! :D

Drunk tank
08-17-2004, 08:00 AM
Is that an offer? ;)
Think I'll have to set somethin up and get all the OC people together and go hit up some clubs! Drinkin and dancin till the sun comes up (or whatever time they close bars round these parts)

Salty Cracker
08-17-2004, 08:05 AM
It isn't in OC, but it just may be... :devil:

Salty Cracker
08-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Is that an offer? ;)
Think I'll have to set somethin up and get all the OC people together and go hit up some clubs! Drinkin and dancin till the sun comes up (or whatever time they close bars round these parts)
Set it up man!!!

RP1
08-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Salt Creek Inn used to be good years ago when it was the "crown house". Last time I went in there the food wasn't very good or hot and it took about 2 and a half hours to get a "quick meal". I don't recommend going there.
Hmmm... I was there about a month ago and had a great time at the bar and the food was great. Must of caught them at a good time.

RP1
08-17-2004, 08:19 AM
DT, Welcome to South County !! Stay local it's way more laid back than Faguna or the Spectrum. Chart House, Cannons, Harpoon Henry's, Wind n Sea, Harbor Grill are great Dana Point resturaunts. The pier in San Clemente is always a great choice, remember, if you drop your comb in Laguna kick it all the way to Corona del Mar before you bend over to pick it up, and on your way back stop at the White House.
:D :D :D :D

TheLurker
08-17-2004, 09:01 AM
I'm impressed with some of those places you guys go to.
Being married with children, A big night out for us is Mickey D's or B.K.
Besides that never spend more than $40.00 on a date :shift:

Windy
08-17-2004, 09:01 AM
My favorite resturant...cant get over that ocean view.
TunaTown in downtown HB if you want excellent sushi and a fun atmosphere.

JB in so cal
08-17-2004, 09:07 AM
El Patio
Little dive in Capo Beach by the School Bus depot.
Simple place - only open 5 days a week: 3 hours for lunch then closes until, like 5:00 for dinner. GREAT burritos and fish tacos and cold Coronas
JB

Steamin' Rice
08-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Coyote Grill in Laguna is good, Hennessey's on the PCH in Dana Point is a mellow place to have a few beers, and the Pacific Room in Dana Point is good for a nice dinner. I went to Las Brisas once and though it was over rated. The view was great, but the food was just so-so.

Drunk tank
08-17-2004, 09:35 AM
El Patio
Little dive in Capo Beach by the School Bus depot.
Simple place - only open 5 days a week: 3 hours for lunch then closes until, like 5:00 for dinner. GREAT burritos and fish tacos and cold Coronas
JB
AH yes el patio! gotten drunk there many of of times before. fishermans and sonnys, I agree those are good places. usually go there with my family when I've visited in the past.
As for a shindig on the town....maybe try and set something up next next friday or saterday evening... start a new thread for that.

Bre
08-17-2004, 09:41 AM
Is that an offer? ;)
:devil: :p :wink:

Boozer
08-17-2004, 10:10 AM
yea, I think you're right. What the hell is wrong with California, how did all of our costal citys become homo zones?
California has become a homo zone. Better leave now before the homo disease infects your children. I here gayness is contageous these days.

RiverToysJas
08-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Hey Drunk tank, why don't you put up some photos of yourself? So we know what you look like, in case we see you around. http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/happy11.gif ;)
RTJas :D