PDA

View Full Version : New Ramp on South Side of Lake Havasu?

Essex502
08-17-2004, 05:51 AM
Here's an article in the Lake Havasu News Herald online edition today:
Talks continue on proposed south-side launch ramp
By Brian Wedemeyer
Monday, August 16, 2004 10:40 PM MDT
Talks are continuing regarding a proposed public boat ramp on Lake Havasu City's south side.
The City Council tonight is expected to appoint members to serve on a planning committee for a new launch ramp south of Contact Point.
The project would involve a partnership of local, state and federal agencies, along with an unidentified private developer and the Chemehuevi Indian Tribe. Tribal officials in California have expressed interest in finding another location to dock its ferryboat on the Arizona side of the lake.
Parks Director Bill Mulcahy met with private developers last week. A second meeting took place July 15 with various agency representatives.
The developers are expected to present the committee with a conceptual plan during a future meeting.
The Council has not budgeted any money for such a project, but some funds are available through private development and the tribe, according to a staff report.
There are currently three public boat ramps in Lake Havasu City - Site Six, Windsor Beach State Park and Lake Havasu Marina. Some are forced to close on busy summer weekends due to crowding.
The Council meeting begins at 7 p.m. at the police facility, 2360 McCulloch Blvd.
Reprinted without permission of the Lake Havasu News Herald
If anyone on the board is a resident of LHC and would please attend this would go a long way to alleviating the problems of the south end folks and the NUMEROUS issues with the Lake Havasu Marina. Anybody care to help by attending?

Sherpa
08-17-2004, 06:18 AM
here you go guys.............. for the complainers about havasu marina, speak up about adding a new marina to the list-!
here's your chance-!
attend the meeting...
voice your opinion-!
--Sherpa

34MagicOnHavasu
08-17-2004, 06:53 AM
I find it entertaining how they refer to Havasu Marina as a "Public" ramp. Seems like a private fraternity of quiet small boat owners to me, lead by some angry a-hole.

Scream
08-17-2004, 07:01 AM
I find it entertaining how they refer to Havasu Marina as a "Public" ramp. Seems like a private fraternity of quiet small boat owners to me, lead by some angry a-hole.
Not a disagreement, but last weekend we were passengers in our friends 30' Kachina. This thing is loud at startup and the exhaust is always above waterline, so there's no quieting. No issues with the ramp NAZI's. Same time many many boats louder than us launching. Guaranteed all were over the 86db noise limit. Look over and see SummerLove had launched, but apparantly they had given him a shitload of grief and his boat is much quieter than any of the other performance boats I saw launching. The people at Havasu Marina don't use sound science to determine who is in compliance, but rather pick and choose thier customers arbitrarily and depending on thier mood at the time. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for this at all.
I agree there should be another ramp there in the South end of town. They could build it up like the channel and make it another hot spot to go to on the water.
Scream

THOR
08-17-2004, 07:07 AM
Although that is a great idea, I will launch at the Marina because I am loyal to those who treat us boaters so well. :rolleyes:

LakeRacer
08-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Not a disagreement, but last weekend we were passengers in our friends 30' Kachina. This thing is loud at startup and the exhaust is always above waterline, so there's no quieting. No issues with the ramp NAZI's. Same time many many boats louder than us launching. Guaranteed all were over the 86db noise limit. Look over and see SummerLove had launched, but apparantly they had given him a shitload of grief and his boat is much quieter than any of the other performance boats I saw launching. The people at Havasu Marina don't use sound science to determine who is in compliance, but rather pick and choose thier customers arbitrarily and depending on thier mood at the time. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for this at all.
I agree there should be another ramp there in the South end of town. They could build it up like the channel and make it another hot spot to go to on the water.
Scream
SummerLove,
If you had problems with the ramp, please write it down (the events) and forward a copy to me. We need as much documentation as we can get to fight this guy.

beer hunter
08-17-2004, 07:14 AM
Although that is a great idea, I will launch at the Marina because I am loyal to those who treat us boaters so well. :rolleyes:
Very funny!! ;)

spectratoad
08-17-2004, 07:17 AM
Here's an article in the Lake Havasu News Herald online edition today:
Tribal officials in California have expressed interest in finding another location to dock its ferryboat on the Arizona side of the lake.
Sounds like they are afraid of the new Gov. following through on the idea of enlarging the state share of the profits.
Quote from Scream
"Same time many many boats louder than us launching. Guaranteed all were over the 86db noise limit. Look over and see SummerLove had launched, but apparantly they had given him a shitload of grief and his boat is much quieter than any of the other performance boats I saw launching."
Also with the appearance of a pick and choose type marina for who they enforce the rules with maybe someone can stand on the side with a video camera and get a little discrimination lawsuit going.

Essex502
08-17-2004, 10:38 AM
But who's willing (from the local LHC folks) to attend the meeting TONIGHT?

PHX ATC
08-17-2004, 12:09 PM
But who's willing (from the local LHC folks) to attend the meeting TONIGHT?
You've a house there don't you? You going? :confused:

Havasu_Dreamin
08-17-2004, 12:21 PM
We've got a house there as well but we can't make it to the meeting as it is mid-week. Also, I don't really know how much credibility they will give to us part-timers even when we own land since we don't vote over there.

Essex502
08-17-2004, 12:24 PM
You've a house there don't you? You going? :confused:
I do - along with another I'm building - but the pracitcality of getting into the car after the day in the office and driving 300+ miles in 2 hours leaves me a little tight on time! :D Had I known about the meeting I coulda' stayed the extra days and gone to it. Now we need a local to go.

PHX ATC
08-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Ah-ha! I see.

summerlove
08-17-2004, 03:56 PM
SummerLove,
If you had problems with the ramp, please write it down (the events) and forward a copy to me. We need as much documentation as we can get to fight this guy.
My issue with the marina this past w/e had nothing to do with noise. I run thru-hull exhaust below the water line and run mufflers, so in no way would I fail the test. Just wanted to set the record straight. Beyond that, the matter is over and resolved.

Essex502
08-18-2004, 05:38 AM
My issue with the marina this past w/e had nothing to do with noise. I run thru-hull exhaust below the water line and run mufflers, so in no way would I fail the test. Just wanted to set the record straight. Beyond that, the matter is over and resolved.
IT is NOT all about noise but the general problems with the Marina management. If it's relevant please forward your experiences to LakeRacer.

summerlove
08-18-2004, 09:00 AM
IT is NOT all about noise but the general problems with the Marina management. If it's relevant please forward your experiences to LakeRacer.
I do not have an issue with the marina, we had a small misunderstanding that was resolved without incident. I like to use their facilities and hopefully will continue to do so in the future.