PDA

View Full Version : NOS Bottle placement...

Bryan Rose
08-17-2004, 07:58 AM
Well after messing around with the bottle placement and such, I have decided this will have to do... It keeps it out of the sun for the most part and is in easy reach to open the valve etc. and is not easily visible to others unless you are in the boat. I also drilled a hole just above it for the arming switch ... Do you think this will be OK? I am wondering how it will work with the bottle here because it is just off center by about 10 degrees of being paralell to the center line axis of the hull ....should be OK huh?
Tell me where you have your bottle mounted.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/766DSC02170.JPG
Bryan

copperrat20
08-17-2004, 08:03 AM
Dang Bryan, I thought you were joking about the nos. But for real you are going to blow your impellar to pieces. The only thing positive about tearing the impellar up is going to the bad ass time you had while doing it. :D Your gauranteed to come back after squeezing the juice looking like this :messedup:

PLACECRAFT20
08-17-2004, 08:30 AM
I Think It Will Work Fine. I Mounted Mine Under The Front Deck In The Same Direction As Yours. My Only Bitch Is That You Have To Lay On Your Belly To Turn It On. I Dont Know How Big Of A Shot You Are Using But It Sure Does Not Last Long In A Boat. I Have Been Using A 100hp Shot But I Just Stepped Up To 175hp Just To Check The Rods In My Motor (ha Ha).

Bryan Rose
08-17-2004, 08:41 AM
I thought of that but with this placement the vavle is easily reached with no strain to get to it while sitting in the drivers seat. Only going to run a 150 shot on it for now. We will see if the impellar will hold up to it ........ LOL.
Bryan

Squirtcha?
08-17-2004, 09:37 AM
I was forced to mount my bottle to the stringers up under the deck like Placecraft20. I used a remote NOS valve and a length of hose so I can turn the bottle on and off from the driver's seat.
One thing's for sure..................you want to make sure your bottle mount is good n sturdy. They take a huge pounding in a boat and you could end up with it in your lap if not properly secured.
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19valve_and_arm_switch_internet.jpg
Don't mind the exposed wire bundle. Had a couple tie wraps pop loose while pounding through the surf at the C3B.

Bryan Rose
08-17-2004, 10:00 AM
I was forced to mount my bottle to the stringers up under the deck like Placecraft20. I used a remote NOS valve and a length of hose so I can turn the bottle on and off from the driver's seat.
One thing's for sure..................you want to make sure your bottle mount is good n sturdy. They take a huge pounding in a boat and you could end up with it in your lap if not properly secured.
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19valve_and_arm_switch_internet.jpg
Don't mind the exposed wire bundle. Had a couple tie wraps pop loose while pounding through the surf at the C3B.
Good words of wisdom there from you Squirtcha... I am going to have to fab up a bracket to make this fit where I have it now... I am going to make it overkill so not to have it come loose . I will probably have to through bolt it through the hull ( I know pretty ghetto.... ) but hey, where it goes through will not be in the water when under way anyhow.
And Squirtcha , how many revs did you pick up with the 150 shot?

dmontzsta
08-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Did you bolt the brackets through the hull?

LVjetboy
08-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Bryan, I put mine in the same place...just a little farther aft...
http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/NOSBottle.jpg
Worked well. For stealth and looks, I also made a black cloth cylinder shaped bag (not pictured) that covered the bottle up to the neck and tied off with a piece of red cord. Then I spray-painted the valve handle black.
jer

572Daytona
08-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Jer, are you still running NoS with the new motor?

LVjetboy
08-17-2004, 12:51 PM
No. When I got triple digits on the new engine I started thinking what's the point? Never bothered to hook it up. So nothing left now except the plates (still on the engine) and a 1/2 full blue bottle sitting in the corner of the garage. Even if I wanted to go faster which I don't, I'm thinking Nos may float the hyd rollers on this engine with my B impeller.
jer

Bryan Rose
08-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Did you bolt the brackets through the hull?
No, I have not had time to mount the bottle permanantly yet. I wanted to hear and see how the rest of the peeps did it.
I would really rather not go through the bottom, and come up with a way to mount it hung from the edge of the cockpit cowling and wedged against the seat mount with a stop on it so the harder it is pushed back with the front bracket the stronger the hold will be on the bottom of the bottle. I know it sounds strange but I think it will work at least in theory anyway, just a thought but it may not be secure enough for this application. I just hope all works out well. Ie.. no pistons with holes in them... my first dealing with NOS. :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
Oh by the way nice avatar dmontzsta :D :D :D
Bryan

Bryan Rose
08-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Bryan, I put mine in the same place...just a little farther aft...
http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/NOSBottle.jpg
Worked well. For stealth and looks, I also made a black cloth cylinder shaped bag (not pictured) that covered the bottle up to the neck and tied off with a piece of red cord. Then I spray-painted the valve handle black.
jer
How was it secured ?

Floored
08-17-2004, 05:25 PM
mine was mounted in right rear of boat and my aluminum Jacuzzi impellar held up to a 200 hp unit. that was with my tunnel ram, 850dp,avgas and timing stepped up to 38 deg, all on an olds. :2purples: I guess GOD is kind to stupid people :hammerhea I know with an olds if you add a 200 hp unit you only make 201 hp and no oil pressure :eek:

wsuwrhr
08-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Damn,
Do I need to post it?
Brian

1HOTGMCJET
08-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Damn,
Do I need to post it?
Brian
Yep, looks that way, Brian - I know I never get tired of seeing it - it IS hard to believe everyone doesn't know about it by now, but obviously they don't, so SHOW DA MAN!!!!! LOL

Jake W
08-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Brian has a cool way, come on post it.I love mine,I have even practiced carring it around too.
Jake :crossx:

Squirtcha?
08-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Damn,
Do I need to post it?
Brian
Send me a pm with the total $ amount for all the parts we discussed? Two bottle holders, one stringer mount, and two of the aircraft style pushbutton pins.
Thanks
Dan aka Squirtcha?

wsuwrhr
08-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Brian has a cool way, come on post it.I love mine,I have even practiced carring it around too.
Jake :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/63Mvc-012f-med.jpg

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Hey brian, is your boat that teal color? If so I sw you last year at op6 i was going to say whats up but i wasnt sure it was you.

LVjetboy
08-18-2004, 01:51 AM
Brian's mount is very cool. But not an option when I mounted mine. Way back when I just used the lame nylon straps and plastic bracket that came with a Nos setup...then I bolted the plastic brackets to a hardwood board, cut a rectangle out of the carpet and black siliconed the board to the hull. No thru-bolts. Granted it was ghetto, but worked fine and the ghetto job was hidden by the drivers seat. When I finally removed the mount...it was a bear to pry loose.
jer

wsuwrhr
08-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Hey brian, is your boat that teal color? If so I sw you last year at op6 i was going to say whats up but i wasnt sure it was you.
Yes my boat is a teal color.
You should have said something anyway, haha.
Brian
I was at OP6C last year I didn't make it out this year.

wsuwrhr
08-18-2004, 04:04 PM
Brian's mount is very cool. But not an option when I mounted mine. Way back when I just used the lame nylon straps and plastic bracket that came with a Nos setup...then I bolted the plastic brackets to a hardwood board, cut a rectangle out of the carpet and black siliconed the board to the hull. No thru-bolts. Granted it was ghetto, but worked fine and the ghetto job was hidden by the drivers seat. When I finally removed the mount...it was a bear to pry loose.
jer
Thanks Jer, expect to see a set-up for the carbon fiber bottle I bought from you pretty soon.
Brian