PDA

View Full Version : Interior Question

BrendellaJet
08-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Curious to see what you all think of this. I want my seats to look like the upholstered one. I have the dimensions for some frames, and i am curious to see what you all think: If I give an interior guy the pic of the finished seat and the frames, will they be able to make it look just like I want?
Frame pics compliments of Petrofied
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/212seat_measurements_1.jpg
What I want
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/212Seat-med.jpg

flat broke
08-17-2004, 02:03 PM
On interior, if you're going to go with one of the big marine interior places(stratton, DS, Designer Specialties, etc.) most will tell you that your costs will be lower if you go with a seat they already have templates for. Not only the wood, but also the vinyl etc. Asside from that aspect, yeah, they should be able to do something with pre constructed frames (remember to leave room for the foam in your measurements) and have it come out nice. One last note. Those brackets used in the pictures should be stainless as well as the screws. Non stainless will rust and rot your wood faster.
On a side note, check out the CFE heads at Jegs or Summit (can't remember which) then talk to Dave about em.
Chris

BrendellaJet
08-17-2004, 02:16 PM
On interior, if you're going to go with one of the big marine interior places(stratton, DS, Designer Specialties, etc.) most will tell you that your costs will be lower if you go with a seat they already have templates for. Not only the wood, but also the vinyl etc. Asside from that aspect, yeah, they should be able to do something with pre constructed frames (remember to leave room for the foam in your measurements) and have it come out nice. One last note. Those brackets used in the pictures should be stainless as well as the screws. Non stainless will rust and rot your wood faster.
On a side note, check out the CFE heads at Jegs or Summit (can't remember which) then talk to Dave about em.
Chris
I guess that makes sense. I was wanting to build my own frames-not because I'm cheap(I am) but because I enjoy doing that stuff. Ill check those places out and see how the bottom line works out.
Ill check with Dave on those heads. We are gonna get going on the motor pretty quick here.

Hemicbx
08-17-2004, 05:56 PM
What would you paint/coat those seat frames with to keep water from rotting the wood?
Hemicbx

BrendellaJet
08-17-2004, 06:39 PM
What would you paint/coat those seat frames with to keep water from rotting the wood?
Hemicbx
Resin will work, there are also products you can buy at places suck as west marine that you brush on as well.