PDA

View Full Version : HotHallet couple ???

Squirtcha?
08-17-2004, 05:53 PM
'77 Hallett Bubble deck
blueprinted bottom by Bennett
fresh pump by MPD-12 JG Berk with manual diverter/shoe/rideplate/American Turbine droop
AB Impeller-spins to 5100
501 c.i. BBF with tunnel ram-dual 600 Holley 4150 style double pumpers
Eagle 4.140 stroker crank-Eagle rods
SRP 28 CC inverted dome pistons
Lunati cam-560 lift-235 duration
Edelbrock aluminum cylinder heads with 75 CC combustion chambers
.030 overbore
MSD Pro Billet distributor-MSD 6m2 box-MSD HVC Blaster II coil
Bassett short collector O/T headers
Motor made 533 HP at 5100 rpms and 599 ft./lb of torque at 4300 rpms. She pulls hard and puts you back in the seat a little.
I'm running the same block w/overbore, pistons, cylinder heads (75cc ebrocks), intake, exhaust. Carbs are different (I'm running the 660 center squirters) and a slight difference in cam (mine's a .570 lift and 244 duration). Do you know what your cam's lobe center is? My compression is an estimated 9:1 maybe a little more. Do you know what yours came in at?
You said you were spinning an AB impeller to 5100 rpm. Is that a Berk impeller, Aggressor, or something else?
Mine's coming apart this winter so I can either have the bottom blueprinted, or do it myself. I don't suppose you have any numbers for before and after the blueprinting? My goal is to hit 80 mph off the bottle. I think Randy (HB) said he picked up 5 mph or so from his blueprint job.
P.S. we should've run em at C3B. You'da got me without the nitrous I think. Might've even been close with it.

Squirtcha?
08-18-2004, 06:57 AM
bump bump bump

hack job
08-18-2004, 08:28 AM
dan it would have been a great race there is always fbc2. ;)
i know his compressionis right around yours his cam i dont know but i know there is some still left on the table if he wants to spend some coin and go roller;)

Squirtcha?
08-18-2004, 08:42 AM
Yupper, rollers are good. Might just have to let Mr. Hallet be my Guinea pig on that one! We'll definitely have to square off a time or two at FBCII :boxingguy . He's sure done an awesome job on that boat.
Hothallet's numbers when run on desktop dyno. It matches the actual tq and hp dyno numbers pretty closely. His torque curve is much flatter than mine, and comes in earlier too.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/466hothallet.bmp
My numbers on desktop dyno
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/466mine.bmp
Notice his ponies come in at a lower rpm than mine, otherwise pretty darned close. Wonder if that's the cam, the stroke, or a combination of the two?
One thing's for sure..............if my numbers are at all close (or even just the profile of when things are happening) I desperately need to cut my impeller down some. My stuff's all happening above 5500 rpm and I'm only running 5200-5300 now.

hack job
08-18-2004, 09:49 AM
if iam right his max hp was at 5100 and that was 531 or some thing like that.
:wink:

FoMoCo
08-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Thats what I would do! Cut that Impeller down to a B! Since I have first hand experience with a B cut in a Kachina! My Hole shot is still good, but I would like to try an inducer! I 2nd that about the Roller cam stuff, I would never go back to Flat tappet after running my little 460 with one! Looks like we will be doing the same project soon, I am going to be Flipping the Kachina after I replace the stringer which is in progress. Hopefully I can get rid the Flipper in the process, by Bottoms pretty Waivy! Get me Picks Dan, I will get picks of mine, I want to see how bad my bottom is compared to yours! Hell I am half tempted to fly there just to check it out! :messedup:

HotHallet
08-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Dan- I'd love to run ya for fun and comparison. The lobe separation on the cam is 114.
9.5:1 compression
533 hp at 5100
599 ft/lbs. at 4300
AB Impeller-Berk I believe
Top speed on gps thus far on a lake 78 mph-full tanks and just me
Need to play with ride plate-possibly jet carbs

Squirtcha?
08-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Cool................that'll be fun HH.
Looks like DD shorted you about 30-40 lbs of tq at 4300 rpm. Other than that, I thought it came out surprisingly close to your actual dyno numbers.
My compression must be a little higher than I thought. Same block (provided yours wasn't decked) I think they just cleaned mine up a little, same pistons, same heads. I must be closer to 9.5:1 than I thought.
Phil, you know the invite to come out is always open............pictures would be lots cheaper though.
I'll try to get someone to snap a few while I hold the straight edge.

victorfb
08-18-2004, 11:16 AM
now that will be a race to see for sure. very similar set ups. i for one never saw a good safe place to run/race till monday on the water. im kind of glad it didnt happen. we dont need to hear about any misfortunes.
monday evening i gave a woman a ride up river were her friends were floating in tubes and trying to make it to the avi before night fall. (would have never made it). on the way up and the way back down, the water was perfect and nobody on it except us. i wanted to open the rogers up so bad, but couldnt handle the responsibility of having a passenger. Damn.... oh well, it still ran awsome. cant wait to see this race you guys. should be interesting.

HotHallet
08-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Maybe at FC if I can make it.

flat broke
08-18-2004, 01:34 PM
now that will be a race to see for sure. very similar set ups. i for one never saw a good safe place to run/race till monday on the water. im kind of glad it didnt happen. we dont need to hear about any misfortunes.
monday evening i gave a woman a ride up river were her friends were floating in tubes and trying to make it to the avi before night fall. (would have never made it). on the way up and the way back down, the water was perfect and nobody on it except us. i wanted to open the rogers up so bad, but couldnt handle the responsibility of having a passenger. Damn.... oh well, it still ran awsome. cant wait to see this race you guys. should be interesting.
On the way down to the Sandbar right above Moabi there was a stretch where you could keep it pinned for a mile or so... At least thats what I did comming back to the Avi :D
Chris

Squirtcha?
08-18-2004, 04:42 PM
I was able to find good water pretty much any time of the day. The only really bad places were right in front of the AVI (especially under the bridge) and a mile or so upstream where the sandy beach is.
The couple races I got into, were downstream from the bridge.
I guess it sorta depends on what your idea of good water is.

78Southwind
08-19-2004, 01:45 AM
:idea: :cool:

victorfb
08-19-2004, 01:18 PM
well good water was easy to find. but good SAFE water wasnt. too many idiots (lake lice) everywere.

Squirtcha?
08-19-2004, 01:38 PM
No doubt you had to have some patience and wait for an opening. I only ran a couple races and both came off without a hitch, (except one opponent getting a little close to me for my comfort)

Squirtin Thunder
08-22-2004, 08:45 AM
Dan,
That yellow boat kept croudding everyone. I know the hull was very loose but I think it was more of an offencive move. In circle boat racing that is the morm, croud till they lift. I don't think it was a good thing by any means. Dan it was nice to have met you in person finally after all these years. Your Ford sounded great all day sat. The Ford turnout was very nice to see. Besides the crouding that yellow boat was very impressive for an Olds. He was not scared to run at all.
Jim

Squirtcha?
08-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Same here Jim.
Yupper, canned courage I think. He was making me nervous there for about a second (maybe a little less than that). Fortunately he didn't want to go again, I guess once was enough.
The boat ran real well especially considering that it looked like a dual plane with a single carb (on an Olds no less). I was impressed with the boat, not so much with the driver though.

Squirtin Thunder
08-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Dan,
Are you running a "AB" impeller ??? Is your bowl flowed ??? In your eyes is it worth the dollars on having the bowl flowed ??? How about race prepping the impeller??? As you know I will be running a 429ci Ford .060 and it will have to turn a higher rpm to make the power. I expect it to be making 600+hp. So should I, in your opinion run a "B" ??? FoMoCo is running a "B" with an induser right? The short droop I got is kind of cool, "AT", it looks like a happy medium between a droop and a snoot. I will be running a Comp Xmarine 288 304, 244 254, .570 .575 @112. It will also have a T-Ram and crazy ported D3 heads with super light weight flat-tops, crank is bullnosed and CJ rods are lightend and stress relieved. Also twinn Carter AFB 750 carbs.
I think lots of canned courage !!!! I really thought he was going to get wet. I bet that 1 sec was one long second.
Jim

Mohavekid
08-22-2004, 11:08 AM
The driver of that yellow boat was named Richard Buchie.(sp) I met him up at the CBBB sign in tent and he was giving the girls up there a bit of a hard time about registering and buying a t-shirt.
That boat ran hard but the driver is an ass.
He ended up getting into a little fight with some guy on the south end of the beach Saturday afternoon.

Squirtin Thunder
08-22-2004, 11:19 AM
That fight was right in front of my wife and daughter. As drunk as they where my daughter said that she could protect her mom no problem. Steelcomp and I were pulling the boat out of the water. That was right were we were talking Dan.
Jim

Jake W
08-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Squirtin T cleaning up the front of the imp is most imp.Flowing the bowl is more for high HP motors so you can push more water through the bowl.I had MPD flow my bowl and clean up my imp and inducer ,I will take all I can get.
Jack recomends doing the imp over the bowl.
Jake :crossx:

Squirtcha?
08-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Dan,
Are you running a "AB" impeller ??? Is your bowl flowed ??? In your eyes is it worth the dollars on having the bowl flowed ??? How about race prepping the impeller??? As you know I will be running a 429ci Ford .060 and it will have to turn a higher rpm to make the power. I expect it to be making 600+hp. So should I, in your opinion run a "B" ??? FoMoCo is running a "B" with an induser right? The short droop I got is kind of cool, "AT", it looks like a happy medium between a droop and a snoot. I will be running a Comp Xmarine 288 304, 244 254, .570 .575 @112. It will also have a T-Ram and crazy ported D3 heads with super light weight flat-tops, crank is bullnosed and CJ rods are lightend and stress relieved. Also twinn Carter AFB 750 carbs.
I think lots of canned courage !!!! I really thought he was going to get wet. I bet that 1 sec was one long second.
Jim
Yeah Jim, it's an Aggressor AB.
I flowed my bowl myself. At the time I was waiting on some other things and had extra time on my hands. Figured I'd go after it while I was waiting anyway. It doesn't look anywhere near as pretty as what Jack at MPD does, and I can't speak for the results. Per usual, I made too many changes at one time. Cut down impeller, new wearring, different loader, bowl flow, etc. etc.
As for the impeller, I don't think it matters how much horsepower you have, but moreso what rpm that horsepower is going to come in at. If you're not going to have the motor dyno'd, you could plug your particulars into desktop dyno and it'd give you a ballpark number, or at least give you an idea of what your tq and hp curves are going to look like.
Do you have any flowbench numbers on those D3's after the port work? I think the best exhaust number I ever saw on D3's (after extensive porting) was around 205 cfm.
You're right about that being a longass'd second by the way!
Sorry to hear that guy was giving the girls a hard time. That's uncalled for. Some people need to JUST NOT DRINK!

Hotfish
08-23-2004, 02:43 PM
I ran that yellow boat and I thought he was going to push me on to the shore. I'm shure he didn't realize it though.

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
08-23-2004, 05:51 PM
I ran, and beat the crap out of the yellow piece of shit after he tried to sling shot me!!!! Then the M F tried again and i beat the shit out of him Again then ,He tried again and i just waved him OFF!!!!!! Everybody said he was an Ahole. Hope he doesnt make it back for CBBB 05 . Budlight :hammer2:

hack job
08-23-2004, 08:33 PM
that guy needs to learna thing or two about boating before he comes to any more large events where there are others who care about any thing or any body. i glad he didnt hurt any one and as for him giving my ladies a hard time well next year if he shows up then we might have to ask him to slow down and think before he talks. :devil:

djdtpr
08-23-2004, 08:55 PM
That guy was an asshole we were floating and i was in the back adjusting my pressure regulator and all the sudden my wife screamed i looked up to see a hugh wall of water that went all over us and the boat that was how close he came to us.i waved him down and told him to pull over to the beach but he wouldnt,he is a cock,so if you are reading this just look for a blown black placecraft we need to talk!!!!!

Cs19
08-23-2004, 09:06 PM
I was anchored next to that guy on Saturday unfortunatly, I think hes a tweaker, he was waaayyyy too fired up that early in the morning. :sqeyes: