PDA

View Full Version : any plumbers out there???

spute
08-17-2004, 08:50 PM
I think i may need help! THere is a faint sound of water running throughout my house but there is no faucet on, toilet running, sprinkler, or anything running. any ideas?
i've already had my house flood twice... :eek:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 08:51 PM
I think i may need help! THere is a faint sound of water running throughout my house but there is no faucet on, toilet running, sprinkler, or anything running. any ideas?
i've already had my house flood twice... :eek:
do you have galvanized piping? and /or a recirculating line?

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 08:58 PM
well to me it sounds like a leak under the house.. or can you here it in a wall..
also do you have the same pressure at every fixture in the house.. if the leak is in the wall it will be at the fixture with the less pressure..

LASERRAY
08-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Check your water meter. Is it moving with no demand? If so, leaky pipe(s)?. :( Do you have a automatic sprinkler system? ( Leaky anti-syphon valve)? Do you have a water softener? Is it re-generating? :idea:

Kilrtoy
08-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Need a plumber
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1111clean-med.JPG

spute
08-17-2004, 09:09 PM
do you have galvanized piping? and /or a recirculating line?
i'm not sure. i am able to see a bunch of copper lines running thru the crawl space under my stairs.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:10 PM
i'm not sure. i am able to see a bunch of copper lines running thru the crawl space under my stairs.
more then likely you are all copper then.. is that where you here the water?

LASERRAY
Need a plumber
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1111clean-med.JPGCan I check her pipes, and anti-syphon valve? :eat: :wink:

spute
well to me it sounds like a leak under the house.. or can you here it in a wall..
also do you have the same pressure at every fixture in the house.. if the leak is in the wall it will be at the fixture with the less pressure..
damn. we are leaving for 6 days tomorrow. i did turn the main off and the noise went away. i bet your right...leaky under house..

spute
08-17-2004, 09:11 PM
more then likely you are all copper then.. is that where you here the water?
i hear the noise at any water source (sinks, washer, etc) but it is strongest at my shower in the master bedroom (upstairs.)

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:12 PM
damn. we are leaving for 6 days tomorrow. i did turn the main off and the noise went away. i bet your right...leaky under house..
if you are leaving.. leave it off.. I'm sure you knew that..LOL!!
what you can do is shut the meter off and see if the meter is still spinning.. if so it is the city line.. if it is not spinning it could be in the wall or under the house..
do all the fixtures have the same pressure when you turn them on.

spute
08-17-2004, 09:13 PM
Need a plumber
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1111clean-med.JPG
uhhh. sure. i'll pay the "emergency fee" if your here in under an hour!

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:13 PM
i hear the noise at any water source (sinks, washer, etc) but it is strongest at my shower in the master bedroom (upstairs.)
sorry I am not reading before i post.. it is probably the shower valve in the wall.. is it a single handle valve or three..

Scream
08-17-2004, 09:15 PM
That V, givin out good plumbing advice 24/7...She's a giver...

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:17 PM
That V, givin out good plumbing advice 24/7...She's a giver...
thanks babe.. :D

spute
08-17-2004, 09:18 PM
sorry I am not reading before i post.. it is probably the shower valve in the wall.. is it a single handle valve or three..
single.
and how the hell do you know so much about plumbing, little missy?

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:21 PM
single.
and how the hell do you know so much about plumbing, little missy?
I'm a plumber sweetie.. if it is a single valve.. there should be a shut off behind the chrome esscussion.. you can shut that off and turn the water back on to see if the water is still running..
or if you have an access panel behind the valve on the wall behind the shower.. you may have shut off valves just to the shower.

spute
08-17-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm a plumber sweetie.. if it is a single valve.. there should be a shut off behind the chrome esscussion.. you can shut that off and turn the water back on to see if the water is still running..
or if you have an access panel behind the valve on the wall behind the shower.. you may have shut off valves just to the shower.
i just saw a pic of you on the thread going around. you are way too hot to be a plumber...
now back to bizness. esscussion= big round thing around the knob?

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:30 PM
i just saw a pic of you on the thread going around. you are way too hot to be a plumber...
now back to bizness. esscussion= big round thing around the knob?
LOL!! thank you..
Yes .. there should be two screws on each side.. if you take the face plate off there should be a little shut off valve it looks like a standard screw driver end.. turn that and it will shut the water off to just the valve..

spute
08-17-2004, 09:34 PM
LOL!! thank you..
Yes .. there should be two screws on each side.. if you take the face plate off there should be a little shut off valve it looks like a standard screw driver end.. turn that and it will shut the water off to just the valve..
this is not at all what i want to do at 10:30 at night...

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:35 PM
this is not at all what i want to do at 10:30 at night...
I know.. just leave the water off till you get back.. and I can try to walk you through it.. :wink:

Misogynist
08-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Any real plumber would know it's spelled " escutcheon"..... :devil:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:36 PM
when are you leaving.?

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Any real plumber would know it's spelled " escutcheon"..... :devil:
I'm a plumber with no education then.. but I get the job done crack and all.. LOL!! :eek: :wink: :wink:

spute
08-17-2004, 09:37 PM
when are you leaving.?
flying out tomorrow at 1:00.
i don't want it running all night either...

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:38 PM
flying out tomorrow at 1:00.
i don't want it running all night either...
just turn it on for quick showers.. the damage is pretty much done already.. and just shut it off again when done.. :wink:

spute
08-17-2004, 09:40 PM
just turn it on for quick showers.. the damage is pretty much done already.. and just shut it off again when done.. :wink:
thanks for the help.. you're a doll!
did you say...."DAMAGE"? :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
08-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Check your toilet bowl for large brown objects. That's always a good place to start. The water should be sparkling.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:43 PM
thanks for the help.. you're a doll!
did you say...."DAMAGE"? :jawdrop:
LOL!! only if it is in the wall but it will dry out..
but it 's not certain it is the shower valve right?
after the repair leave the wall open for a week or so in order to prevent mold.. :)
if it is under the house the water will be soaked up before you get back.. depending on how long it has been leaking.

spute
08-17-2004, 09:44 PM
LOL!! only if it is in the wall but it will dry out..
but it 's not certain it is the shower valve right?
after the repair leave the wall open for a week or so in order to prevent mold.. :)
if it is under the house the water will be soaked up before you get back.. depending on how long it has been leaking.
i'll give u a full report captain.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-17-2004, 09:47 PM
i'll give u a full report captain.
LMAO!! if you feel up to it in the morning.. go under the house and see if there's water under there.. and that will let you know if it is the valve or a pipe, joint.. ect.. full report expected on my desk.. ;) ;)
and your welcome..
I'm off to bed.. have a great trip.. I'm off to parker tomorrow afternoon.. ;)