PDA

View Full Version : Let's see, do I get a Lamborghini or an Escalade.. I know!

ROZ
08-17-2004, 09:29 PM
http://promos.tweeter.com/slap/SlapPhotos/9015_photo1.jpg

LASERRAY
08-17-2004, 09:30 PM
G-H-E-T-T-O!!!
I'd take the Navigator. :chi:

mbrown2
08-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Pretty tight....folks think of all kinds of stuff.....NOW PIMP RIDE BIATCH... :idea: :shift: :D

HighRoller
08-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Isn't there any way to get a car to drop down on the bags without the bump steer? It looks like shyt with the wheels all crooked. Actually, it looks like shyt in general but I thought I'd ask. I think the whole big wheel thing is lame once you get past 18 or 19.

Kilrtoy
08-17-2004, 09:38 PM
I bet there is a RAIDERS STICKER on the back window

Scream
08-17-2004, 09:43 PM
LMAO, I was thinkin the same thing...
Too funny.

ROZ
08-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Not on this one, but there was a black one just like it that did :D

Kilrtoy
08-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Not on this one, but there was a black one just like it that did :D
OH SMACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
were they wearing hairnets with Lott jerseys

Boozer
08-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Isn't there any way to get a car to drop down on the bags without the bump steer? It looks like shyt with the wheels all crooked. Actually, it looks like shyt in general but I thought I'd ask. I think the whole big wheel thing is lame once you get past 18 or 19.
I would imagine that you could set up some type of hydraulic control behind the upper control arms to push the control arms outwards and correct the butterfly effect. However, it would most likely be very costly and the units to do it would be quite large in fact possibly to large to contain in a wheel well.
Have you guys ever seen the cars in person that this has been done too? I seen an Eclipse recently that had this door conversion done to it and when you open the doors they wobbled all over. The owner told me they have to take the majority of the door support out to make the doors move that way and if he had known initally he would have never done it. It looks like sh*t when the door comes up and its wobbling all over, looks like it is going to fall off.

mbrown2
08-17-2004, 09:52 PM
I saw a Raiders Sticker (huge) on a back window the other day and it said....F(raiders symbol)ck the Rest..
I actually got a laugh out of it...

PlyaPlya22
08-17-2004, 09:54 PM
I would imagine that you could set up some type of hydraulic control behind the upper control arms to push the control arms outwards and correct the butterfly effect. However, it would most likely be very costly and the units to do it would be quite large in fact possibly to large to contain in a wheel well.
Have you guys ever seen the cars in person that this has been done too? I seen an Eclipse recently that had this door conversion done to it and when you open the doors they wobbled all over. The owner told me they have to take the majority of the door support out to make the doors move that way and if he had known initally he would have never done it. It looks like sh*t when the door comes up and its wobbling all over, looks like it is going to fall off.
Could you imagine taking your girl on her first date. You go to open the door and that sommama bitch falls off! That would be funny as hell

Boozer
08-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Could you imagine taking your girl on her first date. You go to open the door and that sommama bitch falls off! That would be funny as hell
Or as you open it it pops her in the head.

PlyaPlya22
08-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Or as you open it it pops her in the head.
That would definitely be one for the books

HighRoller
08-17-2004, 10:33 PM
You know, speaking of this, these reality dating shows like "Blind Date" always provide the peeps with a nice rig to drive, but they are missing out. I'd like to see Homey drive up in his bombed out Hooptie with gull wing doors and have the thing come off in his hand as he opened it. Or see the look on some chick's face when homeboy rides up in a 76 Honda Civic that has a mostly Bondo colored paint job...

Hallett19
08-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Isn't there any way to get a car to drop down on the bags without the bump steer? It looks like shyt with the wheels all crooked.
What I think you are talking about is called camber, where the wheel is not standing straight up. Bump steer is when you hit bumps in cars that have been lowered and they have a tendancy to turn to one side (left or right) The way to take care of the camber, in most applications is cams, they offset the A arm's bushing's tendancy to pull in the top of the steering knuckle. When you lower it more than 2-4 inches, cams are no longer useful and the wheel will show negative camber...... lots of sport cars do it on all 4 wheels and it actually aids in handling with minor amounts. I had the front of my old Expedition lowered 3 inches and had the cams installed, and the tires wore just like the rears and stood straight up and down.

HighRoller
08-17-2004, 10:54 PM
You're right, it is technically "camber". I call it "bump steer" out of habit because when we set up suspension on the race car many moons ago we moved the front suspension through its travel without springs to check if it changed the camber or caster. It was called "checking bump steer" or more commonly, "Bumping" the suspension.

PlyaPlya22
08-17-2004, 10:57 PM
You know, speaking of this, these reality dating shows like "Blind Date" always provide the peeps with a nice rig to drive, but they are missing out. I'd like to see Homey drive up in his bombed out Hooptie with gull wing doors and have the thing come off in his hand as he opened it. Or see the look on some chick's face when homeboy rides up in a 76 Honda Civic that has a mostly Bondo colored paint job...
Now that would be a hell of a show

ROZ
08-17-2004, 11:18 PM
What I think you are talking about is called camber, where the wheel is not standing straight up. Bump steer is when you hit bumps in cars that have been lowered and they have a tendancy to turn to one side (left or right) The way to take care of the camber, in most applications is cams, they offset the A arm's bushing's tendancy to pull in the top of the steering knuckle. When you lower it more than 2-4 inches, cams are no longer useful and the wheel will show negative camber...... lots of sport cars do it on all 4 wheels and it actually aids in handling with minor amounts. I had the front of my old Expedition lowered 3 inches and had the cams installed, and the tires wore just like the rears and stood straight up and down.
I think a cantillever cront suspension can be made to cause the wheels to stay camber correct when bagged air out... There was a local guy who did this to his truck...

PHX ATC
08-18-2004, 06:11 AM
I'm trading in the boat for one of these.
I bet they have a bitchin forum to hang out with some cool peeps. :2purples:

NorCal Gameshow
08-18-2004, 06:18 AM
that's funny, I took a girl out on a first date in a half primered 78 civic...
that was a long time ago...she's still with me :mix:

THOR
08-18-2004, 06:34 AM
I saw a Raiders Sticker (huge) on a back window the other day and it said....F(raiders symbol)ck the Rest..
I actually got a laugh out of it...
I saw the exact same thing on an Expedition. I pulled up next to it and it was a mom and her two kids all decked out in black. Way to 'represent' in front of the kids mom!

Ultra5150
08-18-2004, 08:06 AM
I bet they have a bitchin forum to hang out with some cool peeps. :2purples:
Yeah, they do..... but some chick named Debbolas does the majority of the posting.
Just kidding... lol :devil: :devil:

Froggystyle
08-18-2004, 08:42 AM
Damn... I suck. I thought that thing looked pretty cool myself. :frown:
If the engineering wasn't shoddy, and it worked right that would be a pretty serious valet pleaser right there. You would never see that thing more than 50 feet from the front of the club or hotel for sure.
Sorry guys, I like it.

jackpunx
08-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Damn... I suck. I thought that thing looked pretty cool myself. :frown:
If the engineering wasn't shoddy, and it worked right that would be a pretty serious valet pleaser right there. You would never see that thing more than 50 feet from the front of the club or hotel for sure.
Sorry guys, I like it.
I like it too... I wouldnt pay to do it to my car.. I would rather spend the money on the boat.. but I think it looks cool..

Froggystyle
08-18-2004, 08:59 AM
I like it too... I wouldnt pay to do it to my car.. I would rather spend the money on the boat.. but I think it looks cool..
The best part is, people who do that kind of thing right are few and far between, but they usually do it for a living. Which means, they are always looking to get out from under that project and move on to the next one.
The way to build a nice, super custom ride is to buy it at fire sale price from the guy who knows what he is doing. Labor essentially becomes free, as the whole thing gets written off by their business.

Krazy K
08-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Or a LAKERS sticker! (Oh, wait, they don't have a team anymore, so it's taken off) ;) ;) :D :D
What are those wheels...like 30"?? :jawdrop:

RiverToysJas
08-27-2004, 12:07 PM
And if you can't decide between a Lamborghini and an H-2
http://www.op6c.com/Hustler/SEMA_03/images/DSC00226.jpg
RTJas :D

RiverToysJas
08-27-2004, 12:09 PM
BTW, when I'm rich like River Dave, I think I'm going to buy a Lamborghini and have the doors converted to open regular! :idea:
RTJas :D

eliminatedsprinter
08-27-2004, 12:41 PM
I like the paint. But to be honest I'd really rather just have a nice, Envoy, Yukon, or Land Cruiser. Like you, I'd save the rest of the money for the boat or motorhome.