PDA

View Full Version : Animal Fries from In-N-Out

dimarcobros
08-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Anyone ever try them? I always get a double-double animal style and someone told me today that htey have animal style fries. Being the good sport I am I got them and they are not too bad. You got to eat them when they are hot though.
DMB

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:03 PM
I used to be a manager for In-N-OUt.... there are quite a few things they have that most people don't know about :rollside:

Keithb87
08-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Can I get a BRE with that???? :smile:

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:04 PM
But to anwser you... Andy loves his fries animal style. I hate grilled onion.... so I have never had a "true" animal style fry.

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:04 PM
:p :idea: :D

jas0502
08-18-2004, 12:06 PM
My son loves them, gets them everytime we go. I think they are good, but way too filling. But nothing is better than a double double animal style!!! :D

HCS
08-18-2004, 12:22 PM
The first time I ate at an In-N-Out I got food poisoning. :eat:
I'll never eat there ever again. :(

rsoscia
08-18-2004, 12:23 PM
wish they would use chedder cheese on the fries, I dont like american cheese on fries, just my 2 cents

Bre
sucks for you :(
Same thing with El Pollo Loco...I will never eat there again... and Andy loves that place :messedup:

jackpunx
what comes on it?

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:24 PM
wish they would use chedder cheese on the fries, I dont like american cheese on fries, just my 2 cents
No way that's gonna happen :p They just melt a slice of chesse like they would put on your burger and stick it on there. :shift:

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:25 PM
what comes on it?
A true one comes with grilled onions...chesse.... and spread

rsoscia
08-18-2004, 12:26 PM
i know that did ya get your air fixed yet

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:26 PM
but you can add more stuff or take some stuff off... you just have to let them know.

SHOCKWAVETOM
08-18-2004, 12:27 PM
What kind of spread is it?
What other things can you order there...that people don't know about Bre?

HCS
sucks for you :(
Same thing with El Pollo Loco...I will never eat there again... and Andy loves that place :messedup:
Funny how that works. Once you get sick you'll never go back.
I try to stay away from fast food.
Happen to me at Del Taco about 15 years ago also. I never went back there
again. :eek:

Bre
i know that did ya get your air fixed yet
Had CEO's friend come out....... and he said that he doesn't see a leak....so it ran ok yesterday til 3 then the cold air stopeed coming out.. it is running right now ok... later tonight I will go outside and see how the water level is in it..... I might have to get a second opinion :confused:

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:29 PM
What kind of spread is it?
What other things can you order there...that people don't know about Bre?
It's just the spread that comes on your burger.
I don't know there's a bunch of shit...ask me and I will tell you.. I don't know what you already know and you don't. UNless you want me to list everything you can order and ways to order stuff.

rsoscia
08-18-2004, 12:29 PM
not to change the original post but what kind of A/C unit do you have

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:30 PM
One thing... if you ever want coffee... bring your own coffee cup and it's free....... you can even get cream and sugar and stuff with it for free..... umm what else :idea:

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:31 PM
not to change the original post but what kind of A/C unit do you have
Brand??? Or ??? It's ran off gas..... and it's big LOL... and old LOL... ummmm.. I can run out back if you need me too.

rsoscia
08-18-2004, 12:33 PM
so its very old not too many gas units still around

Screaming Pete
08-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Bre, give us the inside scoop on some other coustom orders. And what are animal fries :shift:

Desert Rat
08-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Ask for a 4X4 > 4 patties and 4slices of cheese
any burger asked for and add "dirty" gets you grilled onions

SHOCKWAVETOM
08-18-2004, 12:35 PM
It's just the spread that comes on your burger.
I don't know there's a bunch of shit...ask me and I will tell you.. I don't know what you already know and you don't. UNless you want me to list everything you can order and ways to order stuff.
I just know Dbl/Dbl either animal style or protein style. That's about it. Of course now I know about the fries :) and the free coffee

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:37 PM
so its very old not too many gas units still around
Not like as old as my grandpa or anything.. but I'd say it's up there :D ;) Everyone says it's a good unit though :confused:

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Ask for a 4X4 > 4 patties and 4slices of cheese
any burger asked for and add "dirty" gets you grilled onions
dirty??? Never heard of that ...must be something new since I left :)

Screaming Pete
08-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Bre, I lost track of the Job thread. What did you end up doing?

jas0502
08-18-2004, 12:39 PM
I'll I know is :
4x4
animal style
protein style
animal fries
What else, Bre? :D

Screaming Pete
08-18-2004, 12:43 PM
I'll I know is :
4x4
animal style
protein style
animal fries
Free coffee with your own mug :coffeycup very cool.........

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:44 PM
I just know Dbl/Dbl either animal style or protein style. That's about it. Of course now I know about the fries :)
You can order a 4x4 a 5x5 a 6x6 a 7x7 a 8x8 a 9x9 a 10x10 and so on.... they just charge you for each pattie and slice of cheese . When I was working there each slice of cheese was .22c and a meat patty was a lil over $1.
Some stores..not all..but some have green chillies.. and you can get those on your burger or fries..... some associates have soaked their pattie in the chilli juice before cooking it...
You could ask to have a salad... they would just charge you for a burger...it's best to go up and talk to someone to explain it... it's basically your burger in the lil brown box cut up and with out the bun..there's lettuce...tomato... onion... pickles?? whatever you would like...
Um you can order a shake in a larger cup..it just costs more......
Ummmm
This is just how things worked when I used to work there. Things could be diff. now who knows.

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Bre, I lost track of the Job thread. What did you end up doing?
nothing yet :(

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Let me think of more...
I hope everyone knows this..but you can get a double meat...so it's a double double just no chesse.....
ummm

Drunk tank
08-18-2004, 12:47 PM
I'll I know is :
4x4
animal style
protein style
animal fries
I fawkin LOVE in-n-out but i dont know any of this shit
I usually get a double double with grilled onions and no tomato.
But wtf are these animal fries??? they put cheese, sauce and grilled onions on da fries???
Oh, and Bre... saw your new avitar and I had to sit here for 5 minutes to take it all in... damn fine! Got any with two bottles of tequila? :eek:

Screaming Pete
08-18-2004, 12:47 PM
With an avatar like that you could be a Kalua model :idea:

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
I fawkin LOVE in-n-out but i dont know any of this shit
I usually get a double double with grilled onions and no tomato.
But wtf are these animal fries??? they put cheese, sauce and grilled onions on da fries???
Oh, and Bre... saw your new avitar and I had to sit here for 5 minutes to take it all in... damn fine! Got any with two bottles of tequila? :eek:
Some people have ordered them with pickles on the fries too....
Glad you like my avatar... I hope it doesn't piss anyone off :jawdrop:

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
With an avatar like that you could be a Kalua model :idea:
I wish :D :rollside:

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:52 PM
You can order your fries light... which means they just pull them from the frier early.. I love mine like that..you just gotta eat them fast or they will be all soggy....
You can order your fries extra cooked... one lady wanted them cooked an extra 5 mins :jawdrop: I don't like mine cooked too much.
Ummmmmm
You can tell them how long to cook your burger for... I like my double meats cooked for only 2-2 1/2 mins... the meat w/out chesse on it cooks faster than the meat with cheese on it......

Bense468
08-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Ask for a Flying Dutchman
They also have grilled cheese
I just put down some animal style fries today.

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Ask for a Flying Dutchman
They also have grilled cheese
Oh yes... grilled cheese..they just melt 2 slices of cheese on the grill and you can have whatever you want on the burger.

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:56 PM
You can ask for them to not toast the bun... you can ask for a lightly toasted bun.you can ask for an extra toasted bun..
Wish burgers.... have no cheese or meat... just lettuce tomato... onion..whatever you want on it....

Bense468
Bre you know about flying dutchman's right?
2 patties w/ cheese no bun, tom, or let.

Bre
Oh sorry..your suppose to call the wish burger a veggie burger.... ;)

Screaming Pete
Can you have your salad tossed too? :eek:

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Bre you know about flying dutchman's right?
2 patties w/ cheese no bun, tom, or let.
Yep...... they are good... I like that better than the protien style.

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Can you have your salad tossed too? :eek:
that costs extra :p

Bre
08-18-2004, 12:59 PM
You can ask for extra spread..onions... tomoatos..lettuce... anything.... all that ish is free. ... but buns, meat and chesse will cost ya.
You can ask for your onions to be chopped... but not cooked.... ( the way they are before they start grilling them)
You can ask for extra dark grilled onions.. or ligher ones...

Bense468
08-18-2004, 01:06 PM
I wish I could get a bud light. That would finish it off. Most times we drive through we have one in hand anyway :wink:

Bre
08-18-2004, 01:08 PM
I wish I could get a bud light. That would finish it off. Most times we drive through we have one in hand anyway :wink:
LMAO>>.. So many people have asked me to throw their beer bottles/ cans away for them...... then they open another one..... :D
It just sucked for me cause I was working :angry2:

Bre
08-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Bense... you live in La Verne? I was a manger at the one off of Foothill and D street for a lil while.

Hallett19
08-18-2004, 01:11 PM
what are all the special things you can order that arent on the menu ???

Bre
08-18-2004, 01:12 PM
what are all the special things you can order that arent on the menu ???
listed in this thread :D

Dave C
08-18-2004, 01:13 PM
ya it's supersized too :D

Bre
08-18-2004, 01:14 PM
ya it's supersized too :D
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :p :wink:

totenhosen
08-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Just do a internet search for In N Out Secret menu.
SECRET MENU
Here's the listing of how to order like a pro. My personal choice? "Double-DoubleĀ® Animal style, no pickles"
"Animal Style" - bun is grilled with mustard, sauteed onions instead of raw, pickles, extra "special sauce" - [this can also be applied to fries (Note: I recently tried this on fries, but don't personally recommend it / Nov. 2, 2003)]
"Wish Burger" - no meat, i.e. veggie burger
"Protein Style" - lettuce wrapped around the burger instead of a bun for all of you who are in "The Zone"
Update 12/23/2003 - there is no such thing as "Old Fashioned Style" - originally I had this listed as "ketchup and mustard instead of the weird special sauce" but that is incorrect as a call from In-n-Out today revealed.
"Flying Dutchman" - two meat patties with two slices of cheese. that's it.
"Double Meat" - Double Double without cheese
"4x4" - 4 meat patties with 4 slices of cheese. Are you SURE you can eat that?
"2x4" - 2 meat patties with 4 slices of cheese for the fromage afficionado
"Grilled Cheese" - cheeseburger, sans meat
"Fries - well done" - get your fries extra crispy and brown the way you like them!
"Choco-Vanilla Swirl Shake" - just what it sounds like Note: this is not an official secrent menu item, but at most In-n-Out Burgers they will make it if asked for... 12/23/2003
"Neopolitan Shake" - a blend of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry shakes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIBLE PHRASES
Ever wonder what the little bible quotes sneakily hidden on the In-N-Out paper packaging mean? Ever wonder if they have anything to do with the fact that only blonde children work here? Let's investigate:
REVELATION 3:20 (burger and cheeseburger wrappers): Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
JOHN 3:16 (soda cups): For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
PROVERBS 3:5 (milkshake cups): Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (thanks to Robin Wright for the correction)
NAHUM 1:7 (Double-Double wrapper): The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.

Bense468
08-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Bre yeah I live in LV. I think I remember you. I have been hitting that one up as long as I can remember. Even went to highschool right there.

Sun burners
08-18-2004, 01:26 PM
I go for a DOUBLE/SINGLE whole grilled onions,
it's not as messy!
Pink lemonade with lots of lemons
and well done fries!

Bre
08-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Bre yeah I live in LV. I think I remember you. I have been hitting that one up as long as I can remember. Even went to highschool right there.
I worked there in the late part of 01 and til early 02 then I went back to my home the Pomona store.

Bense468
08-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Yep. How old are you. I think we are about the same age.

WILDERTHANU
08-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Bense... you live in La Verne? I was a manger at the one off of Foothill and D street for a lil while.
WEIRD.........

jas0502
08-18-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks Bre, and Totenhosen. I never noticed those bible qoutes! A bunch of people at my work went to in-n out, so I took a look and there they were!! One of my co-workers has noticed it before. ......................intresting :idea:

Bre
08-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Yep. How old are you. I think we are about the same age.
I am 22. I graduated in 99.

Bense468
08-18-2004, 01:36 PM
I am a little older then ya. Graduated in 97.

Bre
08-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Andy graduated in 96.

RYNNO
08-18-2004, 01:41 PM
I am a little older then ya. Graduated in 97.
Hey Jeff maby she wants a ride in the green goblin!!!!!

Bre
08-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Hey Jeff maby she wants a ride in the green goblin!!!!!
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

dgie
08-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Wow thats a trip out of the blue I descided to wear my In-and-Out shirt today, before this thread was started, thats weird. Some people out here in Dallas area recognize it and comment on it. I wish they had them out here, sure miss that place also both Robertos and Albertos mexican food down in San Diego area.

dgie
08-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Bre can you move the bottles a little to the left or right please :D :rollside:

Krazy K
08-18-2004, 02:31 PM
You can order a 4x4 a 5x5 a 6x6 a 7x7 a 8x8 a 9x9 a 10x10 and so on.... they just charge you for each pattie and slice of cheese . When I was working there each slice of cheese was .22c and a meat patty was a lil over $1.
Some stores..not all..but some have green chillies.. and you can get those on your burger or fries..... some associates have soaked their pattie in the chilli juice before cooking it...
You could ask to have a salad... they would just charge you for a burger...it's best to go up and talk to someone to explain it... it's basically your burger in the lil brown box cut up and with out the bun..there's lettuce...tomato... onion... pickles?? whatever you would like...
Ummmm
This is just how things worked when I used to work there. Things could be diff. now who knows.
How in the world would you eat a 10x10?? :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
God, I miss In n Out!! Closest one to me is Redding, CA! I make it a point to go there when I'm in the "O.C." during Xmas!

RYNNO
08-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Bre can you move the bottles a little to the left or right please :D :rollside:
I second that motion!!

Bense468
08-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Maybe Rynno....Make fun of my boat when you decide to get one chief. You know your drunk ass wants a ride too.
Bre I third that motion. :rollside:

Bre
08-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Maybe Rynno....Make fun of my boat when you decide to get one chief. You know your drunk ass wants a ride too.
I can move them..but I would have to cover up the good stuff :p

dgie
08-18-2004, 03:58 PM
:eek: whats the good stuff ? My eyes are like Saucers like the smiley :D

RYNNO
08-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Bense not making fun of it just giving you a little sh*t, I actually thinks its pretty bad ass.
Come on bre you can do it!!!!!!

Bense468
08-18-2004, 04:45 PM
I know Ryan. Lets party. Almost got an offshore trip out of Mazatlan handed to me this weekend, but it went to someone else. ****

MUDXPRT
08-18-2004, 05:04 PM
One of my friends dad was a big shot at in-n-out and he got me the thing you put the potatoes in to cut into french fries, now I have it mounted on a stand and when we barbque burgers we make our own fries. It's pretty cool.

Scream
08-18-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm no expert on thier individual stores, but my guess they're all pretty clean as far as fast food joints go, but as far as thier processing plant, where they make thier own fresh patties, it's supposed to be one of the cleanest meat grinding facilities in the Western US. FYI.
Now, as far as the Animal Fries are concerned, they are incredible. It's a meal unto itself and it's also about 30000000 calories.

Sleek-Jet
08-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Anyway we could make this thread a sticky??
I want to be able to print it out next time I'm able to make it to an In-n-Out. :D
And I'm hungry now.

Bre
08-18-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm no expert on thier individual stores, but my guess they're all pretty clean as far as fast food joints go, but as far as thier processing plant, where they make thier own fresh patties, it's supposed to be one of the cleanest meat grinding facilities in the Western US. FYI.
Now, as far as the Animal Fries are concerned, they are incredible. It's a meal unto itself and it's also about 30000000 calories.
As I was training for management... I was able to visit the IN-N-Out meat factory. It was cool..and helped me better understand the meat. It is cold as hell all throughout that thing though... wearing a short suit was not a good idea :hammerhea
I think on average each shift I would wash my hands around 100 times . I'm sure the associates would average at least 25 each shift.

Kilrtoy
08-18-2004, 08:08 PM
I NEVER KNEW THAT :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: .
So what do Managers make at In and Out

Bre
08-18-2004, 08:12 PM
I NEVER KNEW THAT :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: .
So what do Managers make at In and Out
I was making 40K as a 4th manager... then there's a 3rd manager a 2nd manager and the store manager. The guy that made me into a manager ( he was a store manager) made 125K a year. Depends on what store your at...and how good it does. I would prob. be making more than Andy right now :jawdrop: but it's not worth it..... the hours suck.... and being a manager you have to be there all the time. It's not a job for someone that wants to see their kids grow up.

Kilrtoy
08-18-2004, 08:15 PM
I heard that they did good, That is damn good.
As in any job to make the money, YOU HAVE TOO PUT IN ALOT OF TIME.....

Bre
08-18-2004, 08:18 PM
I heard that they did good, That is damn good.
As in any job to make the money, YOU HAVE TOO PUT IN ALOT OF TIME.....
Yep..I was sometimes working for 2 weeks straight... if another manager at another store calls in sick..they call you to go work there...it's double time.... and it makes you look better and move up faster...so of course your gonna do it.... but yes if you bust your ass.. and live at work..you can make really really good money... then next step up from there is Divisional Managers..and I heard they make around 250K.

Scream
08-18-2004, 08:31 PM
As I was training for management... I was able to visit the IN-N-Out meat factory. It was cool..and helped me better understand the meat. It is cold as hell all throughout that thing though... wearing a short suit was not a good idea :hammerhea
I think on average each shift I would wash my hands around 100 times . I'm sure the associates would average at least 25 each shift.
Yep, one of our many mottos is Lave sus Manos...also in the poultry business, "sell it or smell it"...
:eek:

Bre
08-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Yep, one of our many mottos is Lave sus Manos...also in the poultry business, "sell it or smell it"...
:eek:
:)

XtrmWakeborder
08-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Damn i need to quit my job and go work for in n out..im gettin screwed lol Bre, did you just jump into the manager position or did you work there for a while as a cashier or somethin then move up?

Bre
08-18-2004, 09:22 PM
Damn i need to quit my job and go for wor in n out..im gettin screwed lol Bre, did you just jump into the manager position or did you work there for a while as a cashier or somethin then move up?
As a cashier LOL..
You start in the backroom preparing the lettuce, onions, pot. tom. and stuff then you move to cashier.... then to walk ups then to fries then to speaker then to board ( dressing the burgers) then to cook ect...so I had to work my up...I started becoming a manager after 2 years. I am a quick learner and hard worker... so i did it a lot faster than most people. But then I had kids...and my priorities changed.

XtrmWakeborder
08-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Damn! well thats a hell of alot of steps, but 2 years to 40k not to shabby at all

Bre
08-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Damn! well thats a hell of alot of steps, but 2 years to 40k not to shabby at all
nope..not bad at all :)