PDA

View Full Version : In search of tunnel hull....

Bryan Rose
08-18-2004, 02:09 PM
Well I am getting ready to put a winter project plan together and am looking for a 21' TUNNEL HULL JET to work over for the winter, I like the additional space the Daytona offers over my 18 footer . I am looking mainly for an Eliminator or clone of this with only the hull and trailer... I am building a 632 BBC for my project and thought this type of hull would fit the bill. So if anyone knows of one keep me in mind, I am willing to travel and look forward to some leads... Keep your eyes peeled will ya. I have thought about a Warhawk but really like the lines of the Daytona. Any other suggestions?
:boxed: :boxed: :boxed:
Thanks
Bryan

HammerDown
08-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Liberator makes a 21' splash of the earler Daytona's...and it has a few more inches of freeboard that I kinda like.
I own the 21' Daytona in my avatar, the ride is second to none, but they do like HP.

Bryan Rose
08-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Hammerdown
Nice ride you got there.
I have heard they like the ponies more than a drunk gambler at otb with a tip that is a sure thing at 100-1 , This is why I am building a big cubic inch N/A motor for my project I am shooting for around 750-800 ponies when done. I will keep the Liberator in mind , just not to many Tunnel hull on the east coast to look for. Thanks for the info...if you run across one let know.
On a side note I know I am not the only looking for this kind of hull and I realize it will be tough to find.
Bryan

572Daytona
08-18-2004, 03:00 PM
If you are up for a road trip to Minn, this looks like a pretty good deal, especially if you could get it less engine:
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/4/72679104.htm
If you could live with the purple seats :p the only other thing you would probably have to change would be getting a bigger impeller, it sounds like that engine is not a good match for the 21' Hull, You want lots of cubes and to make your power at low rpms so you can spin a big impeller, sounds like the motor that you are building would fit the bill nicely.
I have an 18' Tahiti that I used to use on Lanier, I finally upsized to the 21' Daytona and it's a great choice although still a bit on the small size for busier weekends, but it pretty much the best choice for a jet. I've seen pictures of the liberators and I don't think the sponsons are really any taller, just a little more height around the seating, but it looks like it comes at the expense of less width. Edge also makes 21' daytona like, JBB recently sold his and I believe it is now up in the Michigan area (one less Jet Boat in Georgia :frown: )

Restless22
08-18-2004, 03:12 PM
BrianS on the boards has a extremely nice 21' daytona on the classifieds. Check it. out. Ive seen and riden in this boat! Very, Very clean!

MAXIMUS
08-18-2004, 03:17 PM
JBB is a pimp!!! :burningm: Trader!!! :mad: He deserves an outboard!!! :eat: :D

MAXIMUS
08-18-2004, 03:19 PM
The newer style 21' daytona has alot more interior room than that of hammer downs style. Not as sexy but more practical! That purple job is a real good price but would need a lot of work to wake it up! Those purple seats would look tight in your boat jeff! :notam:

572Daytona
08-18-2004, 03:22 PM
The newer style 21' daytona has alot more interior room than that of hammer downs style. Not as sexy but more practical! That purple job is a real good price but would need a lot of work to wake it up! Those purple seats would look tight in your boat jeff! :notam:
Yeah, I'm thinking with those seats, I would be able to hang with the outboarders in the Bench Racing forum :sqeyes:

BrianS
08-18-2004, 03:23 PM
ehhhhhh hhhheeemmmmm Mr. 572 http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55194

572Daytona
08-18-2004, 03:29 PM
ehhhhhh hhhheeemmmmm Mr. 572 http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55194
That's a nice one too but I don't need another, talk to Mr Rose. Quite a haul from Georgia though, althought I did get mine shipped from SanDiego.
I just found out JBB redeemed himself an bought another jet:
http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002579

MAXIMUS
08-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking with those seats, I would be able to hang with the outboarders in the Bench Racing forum :sqeyes:
Yea Tom would be your kingkamamabiatch! ;)

BrianS
08-18-2004, 03:34 PM
oooops, wrong person.....lol
ehhhhhhhhemmmm, Mr. Rose, see above.....lol

HammerDown
08-18-2004, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=MAXIMUS]The newer style 21' daytona has alot more interior room than that of hammer downs style. Not as sexy but more practical! QUOTE]
Hmmm, my 1983 vs a friends... 96 I don't see much if anymore let alone "alot more interior room".
If anything the only thing his has is a few cubby storage holes in the left and right sponsons vs mine are wide open.
Both excellent boats...and I'll agree the lines of mine are like older Vetts, very cool. :cool:
Just wanted to add, even though not offered in a jet :frown: ...the 22' Daytona has alot more room than the 21'.

Jbb
08-18-2004, 05:57 PM
JBB is a pimp!!! :burningm: Trader!!! :mad: He deserves an outboard!!! :eat: :D
Damm...Maxi.....a little quick on the trigger....arent we?.....lol :)

Duane HTP
08-18-2004, 06:47 PM
The Liberators are a nice boat, but way, way too heavy for a good running jet. Stay with the Eliminator if possible.

Bryan Rose
08-18-2004, 07:08 PM
The Liberators are a nice boat, but way, way too heavy for a good running jet. Stay with the Eliminator if possible.
Thanks for the heads up Duane... Don't want a heavy boat that takes over a 1000 ponies to go triple digits.
Perhaps I should come see what is in Kansas.... Any good leads there Duane?

MAXIMUS
08-19-2004, 06:35 AM
[QUOTE=MAXIMUS]The newer style 21' daytona has alot more interior room than that of hammer downs style. Not as sexy but more practical! QUOTE]
Hmmm, my 1983 vs a friends... 96 I don't see much if anymore let alone "alot more interior room".
If anything the only thing his has is a few cubby storage holes in the left and right sponsons vs mine are wide open.
Both excellent boats...and I'll agree the lines of mine are like older Vetts, very cool. :cool:
Just wanted to add, even though not offered in a jet :frown: ...the 22' Daytona has alot more room than the 21'.
Hmmm and I thought the whole reason they retooled the 21 was to add more room! The old style isn't much roomier than the 19's but thats just my 02! :wink:

HavasuDreamin'
08-19-2004, 06:47 AM
Hmmm and I thought the whole reason they retooled the 21 was to add more room! The old style isn't much roomier than the 19's but thats just my 02! :wink:
Have you seen a 19' recently? :idea: The side gunnel decking is well over a foot wide on each side. Probalby 18" on each side near the front seats. The 21' Daytona regardless of style has the room of a cabin cruiser compared to a 19'. Perhaps what you guys are doing wrong is bolting car motors in the back. :eek: J/K.

Rampager
08-19-2004, 08:05 AM
.....I did. Find yourself a nice 21' Eagle tunnel and go find the shallows!
Cheers

BLOWN88FRESNO MINI
08-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Check out EbaY, theres a descent Eliminator 19' Daytona project for sale.
located in Hemet, Ca.

Bryan Rose
08-19-2004, 08:58 AM
I did but it needs to be a 21'

HammerDown
08-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Have you seen a 19' recently? The 21' Daytona regardless of style has the room of a cabin cruiser compared to a 19'. :eek: J/K.
Ditto that... :wink:

565edge
08-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Ive got a kevlar 22 foot daytona.I/o i will make you a deal on.Boat is very clean and i will sell anyway you want.

franky
08-20-2004, 06:17 AM
more info on the 22' daytona please

Robbie Racer
08-20-2004, 05:06 PM
You might want to PM Rocket J here on the Hot Boat forum. He has a real nice 21' Edge (Eliminator clone) jet that he would probably sell without the motor. I think he ran around 85 mph with it with a mild low compression pump gas 540 in it.

ONAROLL
08-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Bryan, check your mail.......