PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for OC joggers!

Waldo
04-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Some of you might have already read or scene this on TV...Prayers and thoughts needed for our friend (and her friend) that was hit yesterday. My wife has known Stacy since 6th grade and she was one of our bridesmaids in our wedding. She is a wonderful mother of three little girls, a great wife to a great husband, and fellow Christian. She is still in critical condition but from what I just heard, there is probably no brain trauma. Her friend seems to be in worse condition so we have been saying prayers for her as well. Thanks.
This was in the register this morning.
Sunday, April 9, 2006
Two San Clemente women are in critical condition after being struck by a car while running in Capistrano Beach. Police are seeking the vehicle's owner.
By PETER LARSEN and MATHEW PADILLA
The Orange County Register
William Todd Bradshaw is wanted in the hit-and-run.
http://www.ocregister.com/newsimages/local/2006/04/09hit_md.jpg
A regular morning jog for four San Clemente women ended in horror early Saturday when a driver plowed into their group as they ran on a bike path along Coast Highway in Capistrano Beach, then sped away.
Stacy Neria and Carol Daniel - each mothers of three children - were critically injured.
Neria turned 34 on Saturday, and the joggers and their husbands planned to celebrate that night, said Diana McDonald, a runner who was unharmed.
"It was actually my worst nightmare," McDonald said. "We were so vulnerable."
Neria and Daniel, 41, were hospitalized at Mission Regional Medical Center in Mission Viejo. Neria was in critical but stable condition Saturday; Daniel was in critical and grave condition.
McDonald, 31, said the women met at Fitness Elite, a San Clemente gym. The four women are stay-at-home mothers in San Clemente and go running as often as three times a week, she said.
The two injured mothers are very health-conscious, McDonald said.
"We're just fun-loving girls," she said.
McDonald said she and Margaret Senske, the other unharmed jogger, will help out the families of the two hurt women, watching their children and preparing meals.
Senske said the joggers didn't hear the car approach.
"There was nothing that we could do," Senske said. "We were so far off the road."
She said they could "see skid marks where he accelerated to get away."
The car that struck the women was found abandoned about a mile away from the accident scene, sheriff's Lt. Ted Boyne said.
Sheriff's deputies are seeking William Todd Bradshaw, the last registered owner of the car, spokesman Jim Amormino said. The registration is not current, and Bradshaw, 37, has an outstanding warrant, though Amormino would not say on what cause.
Bradshaw fits the general description of the man witnesses said was driving the car, Amormino said. Bradshaw is 5feet 10 inches tall and 175 pounds, Amormino said.
Witnesses heard the aftermath of the collision.
"I was out at my car, getting ready to go, and I heard screeching brakes, and then the slam," said Heidi Girardot, who lives near Beach Road in Capistrano Beach. "I thought it was the car wreck, because of the metal to metal - it was bad.
"And so I peeked over the wall, and I saw a guy in a gray and black-top (car), with its window down - just speed away," she said.
Girardot said she ran inside and called 911 and then came back outside to the sounds of screaming - either victims or witnesses, she was not sure - from the accident about 50 yards away.
"I just wish I could have helped out," Girardot said. "The screaming and the wailing were so horrible."
The area where the accident happened has been under construction, which Girardot thought might have contributed to the accident.
"There's a lot of roadwork now, and tons of cones, and people don't know where to go," she said. "It is confusing."

hoolign
04-09-2006, 01:05 PM
That sux, prayers for them ! Hope he gets what's commin to him!

gigamurph
04-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Our hopes and wishes for a full and speedy recovery go out to the ladies involved.

life's a river
04-09-2006, 01:24 PM
That just plain suck's that the SOB could not even stop. Our thoughts and prayers go out to these ladies and there familys.
LAR

Parker Dreamin
04-09-2006, 01:41 PM
thoughts and prayers with everybody but the SOB that hit them....
Stay Strong !!!!

MagicMtnDan
04-09-2006, 02:44 PM
My heart goes out to those women - what a shame and to think it was a useless POS scumbag that was the cause of their worlds' changing forever. :mad:

THOR
04-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Thoughts and prayers to you friend Waldo.

Waldo
04-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Thans all! My wife was at the hospital today and Stacy is doing okay. She is still in critical condition with many major broken bones and lacerations from head to toe. Her brain is swelling but the prognosis is optimistic. Her friend Carol was struck first (she was right behind Stacy) and is still critical and "grave". She has a broken neck and jaw, as well as, other trauma. We hope they get that guy...I read today that he has a warrant and IMO is probably why he didn't stop. Still messed up!

Midlife Advantage
04-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Thans all! My wife was at the hospital today and Stacy is doing okay. She is still in critical condition with many major broken bones and lacerations from head to toe. Her brain is swelling but the prognosis is optimistic. Her friend Carol was struck first (she was right behind Stacy) and is still critical and "grave". She has a broken neck and jaw, as well as, other trauma. We hope they get that guy...I read today that he has a warrant and IMO is probably why he didn't stop. Still messed up!
hang in there brutha, you got my prayers. Real sorry to hear about this crappy time for you, HBFM's pullin for ya.

hoolign
04-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Still in our prayers!..hope da fukker does the right thing and turns himself in!

Waldo
04-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks again all!

Big H
04-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Definitely something nobody wants to hear about. Was out and about Saturday and was curious as to why the Coast Hwy was shut down. Thanks to the post now I know. Hope all the bad news turns positive soon.

redi4fun
04-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Very sorry to hear stories like this, it definitely test your faith in humanity.
This ****** may leave three kids without a mom and a husband without a wife and he most like could care less. To me their is no punishment that fits his crime. At times like this I choose to believe that there is some higher power that he will someday have answer to. I will pray for your friends and more importantly their kids. :cry: :mad:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Prayers said.
Keep us posted on her condition as best you can.

Waldo
04-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks all for the prayers and thoughts...Stacy has been upgraded to serious condition and her friend is now critical but stable. They still haven't found the guy yet though.

JB in so cal
04-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks all for the prayers and thoughts...Stacy has been upgraded to serious condition and her friend is now critical but stable. They still haven't found the guy yet though.
You mentioned one of them had a broken neck. She has movement in her limbs?

Mrs. casean
04-10-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's friends. I saw this on the news today and it was so sad! I used to ride my bike up and down that stretch growing up in SC and it is dangerous looking back. I can't believe the guy who did it :mad: I hope they find him asap... I hope to hear some good news soon about both of them. Prayers and thoughts go out to your wife to stay strong for her friends and to the families of the ladies.

Waldo
04-10-2006, 03:11 PM
You mentioned one of them had a broken neck. She has movement in her limbs?
At one point after the accident (at the scene), Carol was conscious and moved her arms. As far as I have heard, she doesn't have movement below that. The two women are both still on ventilators. Stacy's ventilator will be coming out soon, as she is breathing very well. It will be a long road to recovery for both.

JB in so cal
04-10-2006, 03:19 PM
This hit very close to home (literally) I'm the same age range and I grew up riding my bike to beach road and down to North Beach in SC.
I think this happened, like a day after a "road rage" thing that ended at Riviera down the street. Amazing: A quiet stretch of so cal and two very violent incidents within hours of each other :mad:

cc322
04-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Saw a bunch of news vans at Mission Hospital today hope all will be ok very tragic indeed.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-10-2006, 03:23 PM
thoughts and prayers from the vee's to them and the family and friends.

pixilatedpussy
04-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Some of you might have already read or scene this on TV...Prayers and thoughts needed for our friend (and her friend) that was hit yesterday. My wife has known Stacy since 6th grade and she was one of our bridesmaids in our wedding. She is a wonderful mother of three little girls, a great wife to a great husband, and fellow Christian. She is still in critical condition but from what I just heard, there is probably no brain trauma. Her friend seems to be in worse condition so we have been saying prayers for her as well. Thanks.
This was in the register this morning.
Sunday, April 9, 2006
Two San Clemente women are in critical condition after being struck by a car while running in Capistrano Beach. Police are seeking the vehicle's owner.
By PETER LARSEN and MATHEW PADILLA
The Orange County Register
William Todd Bradshaw is wanted in the hit-and-run.
http://www.ocregister.com/newsimages/local/2006/04/09hit_md.jpg
A regular morning jog for four San Clemente women ended in horror early Saturday when a driver plowed into their group as they ran on a bike path along Coast Highway in Capistrano Beach, then sped away.
Stacy Neria and Carol Daniel - each mothers of three children - were critically injured.
Neria turned 34 on Saturday, and the joggers and their husbands planned to celebrate that night, said Diana McDonald, a runner who was unharmed.
"It was actually my worst nightmare," McDonald said. "We were so vulnerable."
Neria and Daniel, 41, were hospitalized at Mission Regional Medical Center in Mission Viejo. Neria was in critical but stable condition Saturday; Daniel was in critical and grave condition.
McDonald, 31, said the women met at Fitness Elite, a San Clemente gym. The four women are stay-at-home mothers in San Clemente and go running as often as three times a week, she said.
The two injured mothers are very health-conscious, McDonald said.
"We're just fun-loving girls," she said.
McDonald said she and Margaret Senske, the other unharmed jogger, will help out the families of the two hurt women, watching their children and preparing meals.
Senske said the joggers didn't hear the car approach.
"There was nothing that we could do," Senske said. "We were so far off the road."
She said they could "see skid marks where he accelerated to get away."
The car that struck the women was found abandoned about a mile away from the accident scene, sheriff's Lt. Ted Boyne said.
Sheriff's deputies are seeking William Todd Bradshaw, the last registered owner of the car, spokesman Jim Amormino said. The registration is not current, and Bradshaw, 37, has an outstanding warrant, though Amormino would not say on what cause.
Bradshaw fits the general description of the man witnesses said was driving the car, Amormino said. Bradshaw is 5feet 10 inches tall and 175 pounds, Amormino said.
Witnesses heard the aftermath of the collision.
"I was out at my car, getting ready to go, and I heard screeching brakes, and then the slam," said Heidi Girardot, who lives near Beach Road in Capistrano Beach. "I thought it was the car wreck, because of the metal to metal - it was bad.
"And so I peeked over the wall, and I saw a guy in a gray and black-top (car), with its window down - just speed away," she said.
Girardot said she ran inside and called 911 and then came back outside to the sounds of screaming - either victims or witnesses, she was not sure - from the accident about 50 yards away.
"I just wish I could have helped out," Girardot said. "The screaming and the wailing were so horrible."
The area where the accident happened has been under construction, which Girardot thought might have contributed to the accident.
"There's a lot of roadwork now, and tons of cones, and people don't know where to go," she said. "It is confusing."
I read about this yesterday in the register! So sorry Brannon! Keep your head up, as we wil be praying for them! I hope they catch that S O B!!! :mad:

Waldo
04-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks again for the prayers everyone! Just thought I would give a little update on our good friend. Stacy has been weened off the sleeping sedative and is only on pain killers. These still make her quite groggy. Last night she was able to move her legs, fingers, and chin. The goal is to not only have her wake up but to follow commands as well. Once that happens, the docs will consider taking her off the ventilator. That can only happen during daytime hours before 2pm, so it will most likely be today or tomorrow. She is such a strong willed person and I know she will, by far, exceed the recovery expectation of the docs. Again, your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.

Waldo
04-12-2006, 07:58 AM
The other gal is still in critical condition. The owner/driver of the car has not been detained. Funny how they can't find him for "questining". There was a 15 year old hit and killed in Riverside and thagt driver stopped and she was incredible upset...just a little fishy with this guy I have to say. I have a neighbor who's an OC Sherrif investigative sup...can't say much but I'm sure he'll be in jail soon.
What makes this even more incredible is that Stacy's husband could care less about the fate of the driver. His heart, thoughts, prayers, and emotions are solely concentrated on his wife and little girls. It would be hard to channel my anger like that. I would want vengance in a BIG way.

Mrs.HLB
04-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Prayers are going out to the girls and their family & friends. I hope they catch that loser!!
Mrs.HLB

JB in so cal
04-14-2006, 03:08 PM
They just caught the fugger that they were looking for. A tip led deputies to a laundramat in Dana Point and they hooked the dude up. SOB!!

SoCalSouthpaw
04-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Id like to test out my freshly labbed prop upside this chumps melon.

Silver
04-14-2006, 03:30 PM
They got the SOB today!
One step......
many more to go! Bless the gals and their families!
May strength be beside them....... the road to recovery will be long!
Prayers sent!

Beer Factor
04-14-2006, 03:37 PM
They just caught the fugger that they were looking for. A tip led deputies to a laundramat in Dana Point and they hooked the dude up. SOB!!
Good-They need to throw away the key now!

Biglue
04-14-2006, 06:59 PM
So sorry to hear about your friends and this whole horrible mess Waldo. I wish them a speedy recovery. Will say a prayer for them. God bless all affected by this accident. Except the driver of course.
Lue and fam.