PDA

View Full Version : where does everyone boat?

Tommy1005
08-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Most of my boating is done on my parent's boat, but it is kept on Lake LBJ, so that's where I am almost every weekend. I do have one of the jet skis with me in Waco, and head to Lake Waco every now and then, but it's a crappy lake. It's kinda cool when a friend of mine takes out his house boat and ski boat though. He has a jet ski ramp on the back of the house boat, so it just floats and I ramp the ski and tie the ski boat up next to it. Well, let me know where y'all are at, and maybe I can head out there sometime. Hopefully I will have my own boat by next summer. My dad is letting me trade both of our jet skis in for one :).

ratso
08-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Tommy...give me a holler if you see me out. I have a couple of red...yellow...and orange boats. My group usually has a few speed boats running around. :D
BTW...I own the boat business out on 6 in Speegleville if you need anything...

Greaser
08-19-2004, 09:15 AM
I boat at lake Somerville. You can find me out at Pecan on almost any given weekend.
I have a brother that lives in McGregor, and he is always wanting me to bring my boat up there. He wants to take me to lake Waco, or Lake Belton. I keep telling him I will, one of these days :mix:

PlyaPlya22
08-19-2004, 01:58 PM
Come on out to Havasu!

havalen
08-19-2004, 02:40 PM
PLAYA YOUR A SLUT GO BACK WHERE YOU BELONG :messedup: :messedup:

texas-19
08-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Greaser,
Where is pecan at,i don't see it on the maps i have found?We have only been to somerville one time at launched at Welch.That was a zoo their.Any other place to launch that i less conjested?
Mike

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-20-2004, 03:58 AM
Greaser,
Where is pecan at,i don't see it on the maps i have found?We have only been to somerville one time at launched at Welch.That was a zoo their.Any other place to launch that i less conjested?
Mike
the best place to launch IMO is overlook, by the dam. The launch ramp is great with plenty of parking. It will cost you $3.00 but worth it. Pecan is at the opposite end of the lake from the dam. If you launch from overlook stay to left side of the lake and pass yegua and rocky creek. the next little cove is pecan where all the hot boats hang. greaser drives a silver/white jet, I have a yellow/black jet and there is another regular that drives a blue/white jet. All of these boats have ot headers and fit the typical profile. Texasjet is also out there in a 19' baja jet. come on down and drink a few with us sometime. I won't be there this weekend but hopefully next weekend. I usually bring some eye candy with me. :cool: hope to see you out there
Omega

vdrivenman
08-20-2004, 05:03 AM
we still like Sam Rayburn. a large open lake with lots of sandbars and coves.
can get a little rough when the wind comes up.a few hot boats left.mostly runabouts and pontoons w folks bbqing and drinking & listen to tunes>
plenty of campgrounds and launches.
i've been to Somerville and looks great, just haven't had a chance to see it by water.

F26
08-20-2004, 06:33 AM
We also go out to Rayburn, will probably be there for labor day. Where do guys hang out...Rattlesnake?

Greaser
08-20-2004, 09:07 AM
the best place to launch IMO is overlook, by the dam. The launch ramp is great with plenty of parking. It will cost you $3.00 but worth it. Pecan is at the opposite end of the lake from the dam. If you launch from overlook stay to left side of the lake and pass yegua and rocky creek. the next little cove is pecan where all the hot boats hang. greaser drives a silver/white jet, I have a yellow/black jet and there is another regular that drives a blue/white jet. All of these boats have ot headers and fit the typical profile. Texasjet is also out there in a 19' baja jet. come on down and drink a few with us sometime. I won't be there this weekend but hopefully next weekend. I usually bring some eye candy with me. :cool: hope to see you out there
Omega
Yea, what he said! :rollside:

Jetdriver
08-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Usually in something containing water! :D

vdrivenman
08-20-2004, 09:42 AM
F26,
yes RS if it is not too crowded and we can find a spot. if not there, then we go over by ebenzer and work our way towards westwood or plum-ridge till we find a spot.
we were there last sunday for the day ! very rough and windy !
always had vdrives (4 flats & 2 hydros) in the past, but have settled for
a geezer glide ride around boat.have an older chris craft scorpion .cant' afford a stryker or python my two favorites!
we should be up Labor day weekend not sure which day !

OldFaithful Squirter
08-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Jet Fest 2004 Lodging Info
The JETFEST rally brought to you thru Midnight Boat Wurks, Liquid Hot Rods Boat Shop, and South Texas Jettin' takes place on Labor Day Weekend every year on Lake Corpus Christi off of Hwy 359 on Park Road 25 at the
Sunrise Beach Park
Address: Park Rd 25, Mathis, TX 78368
Phone: (361) 547-3004
which has camping and rv hook ups!
Most of the Delrio Group stay at motel on the water at Fiesta Marina which is just a short boat ride over to Sunrise Beach!
Fiesta Marina Resort
Address: 250 Boat Ramp Rd, Sandia, TX 78383
Phone: (361) 547-3462
A new hotel built last year in Orange Grove called the Orange Grove Motel is another place of accomidations! Short car ride up to Sunrise Beach Park
Orange Grove Motel
Address: 528 E Orange Ave, Orange Grove, TX 78372
Phone: (361) 384-1100
Also in Mathis is a couple of motels- called the Ranch Motel and another place on the water that I have not ever stayed at is a place called Webers Landing?
T-shirts & Koozies will be for sale thanks to David & Rachell Hobbs as well as local drag race team shirts! For more info on these please let us know! thanks Kelly Craven
http://groups.msn.com/TexasJettinFa...483031740378749

460rogers
08-20-2004, 02:59 PM
I boat at lake Somerville. You can find me out at Pecan on almost any given weekend
Rub it in Rub it in
I'll be there soon.

455Olds
08-20-2004, 04:02 PM
West Michigan... pretty lonely in a jet over this way. All you Texans and Cali guys seem to have plenty of peers... Its wakeboarders, cigarettes, or down riggers this-a-way.
But I would highly recommend the Grand River and good 'ole Hanky Panky Bayou. Aside from the sludge we occasionally get from Grand Rapids on it's way to Lake Michigan, we're all good....
http://www.hankypank.com/images/Archive%20Pics/Arch2/HPtied21.jpg
www.hankypank.com (http://www.hankypank.com)

texas-19
08-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Omega,
Thanks for the info,we may try to go next weekend.We really liked the lake.If we do go we will check out pecan.Didn't make it to that area last time.
Mike

Greaser
08-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Rub it in Rub it in
I'll be there soon.
Ill be lookin for ya! :rollside:

Tommy1005
08-22-2004, 07:40 PM
I would've responded sooner, but as usual I was at the lake all weekend :-D. I'll have to come check that shop out, it's on Hwy. 6, right? I think I've looked at a boat there at some point, there's cars for sale out front? I live out in China Spring, and I drive right past it on my way home from LBJ cutting across from 84 on Speegleville Rd. If that's your shop, I'll have to swing by one day and see what's goin' on. Maybe there'll be a good deal on a boat :).
Tommy

Midwest_Miss69
08-26-2004, 06:33 AM
At the Lake of the Ozarks by the 47 Mile Marker ~ http://www.halfway-inn.com/home.htm
It's actually my brother-in-law's house (am I going to get booted now?) LOL! But we're there quite a lot through-out the summer! PARTY COVE! :p

Sea Esta
09-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Lake of the Ozarks as well. We're at the 10 MM of the Niangua arm. Boat all over the Lake. We see how many dinosaur bones we can burn.

Blown509Liberator
09-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Chain o lakes in northern IL and Lake Mi.
couple of links....
http://www.foxwaterway.state.il.us/
here is the Island...
http://www.blarneyisland.com/index.html
And here is for the big lake...
http://npmonline.com/

baja204
09-09-2004, 12:31 PM
The San Jacinto River every weekend

OkieDave
09-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Skiatook Lake most weekends, Keystone Lake most thursday evenings. :cool: