PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone opening for VAN HALEN

Kilrtoy
08-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Who are they and is there more than one band

ratso
08-18-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure, but you can recognize them by the duct tape on their microphones...

beached 1
08-19-2004, 06:36 AM
It doesn't say if anyone is opening for them on the tickets..
I'll be there tonight
Suite C-28
then from there I think we're gonna crash The Standard

KingCole
08-19-2004, 06:38 AM
Yeah, they had one opening band at Anaheim. Nothing special. The singer kept trying to get the crowd to stand but everyone just sat there looking at them like, you're not doing enough to get me on my feet. Van Halen just rocked! Eddie sounded great, Sammy was flyin' around, great show you're gonna dig it.

Ultra5150
08-19-2004, 08:26 AM
We are hanging out at the Biltmore, we have a room there and will be drinking in the sports bar until about 7:30. It is a mile from Staples if anyone wants to stop by for a beer.

TrojanDan
08-19-2004, 08:33 AM
We are hanging out at the Biltmore, we have a room there and will be drinking in the sports bar until about 7:30.
Talk about high class! What happen to the days of drinking Jack Daniels and smok'n a doobie in the parking lot before the concert. That's what my cheap ass will be doing tomorrow night......well, at least drinking Jack! ;) Have fun. :cool:

Ultra5150
08-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Way to many years in the music biz has spoiled me.
37 years old and I stlll dig going to rock shows.
Funny Van Halen story:
Ever since I was a kid, Van Halen was my favorite band. I remember opening up that first album and seeing the WB (Warner Bros.) logo on it and thinking how cool it would be to work there. After 9 years working for the Warner Music Group, I end up being offered a job to head their HR Dept. I am stoked, I finally get to work in that famous building, home of my favorite band. I move into this killer office with a view of the mountains, I can see the planes landing and taking off from Burbank airport, nothing could be better. Unfortunatley, this was after the VHIII album with Gary Cherone had just come out. Six weeks after I started, Warner Bros. Records dropped Van Halen off the roster. :eek:
What a bummer, oh well I still dig working in the business. I have since moved over to the film side.

beached 1
08-19-2004, 10:51 AM
5150, check your PMs
:)

CA Stu
08-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Talk about high class! What happen to the days of drinking Jack Daniels and smok'n a doobie in the parking lot before the concert. That's what my cheap ass will be doing tomorrow night......well, at least drinking Jack! ;) Have fun. :cool:
Ha! I saw VH at the Long Beach Arena on their "1980 Invasion" tour. Diamond Dave was drinking Jack Daniels and complaining about the pinner doobie someone threw on stage...
Of course, it was all a show, a friend went to a different show and saw the exact same act.
Dave - "You call this a joint?! This looks like a toothpick!!!"
Crowd - "AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaiiiiggghhhhh!!"
Cheers
CA Stu <-- 37 going on 22
PS When I saw them, the opening band sung "Glad All Over" and got booed off the stage. I think it was the Dave Clark Five...

haulina29
08-19-2004, 12:41 PM
I went to the Oakland concert last week and the show was awsome, it was like old home week having followed them from Gazzaris and the Wiskey a go go daysof 77-78. Sammy and Mike really carried the show and Eddie didnt sing infact I heard him only speak twice all nite once during his solo . At Oakland he looked like he was on his death bed . At one time Sammy went over and lifted him up he was actually sitting down while playing so im glad to hear he was just having a bad nite in Oakland . :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
08-19-2004, 01:34 PM
So was there any opening acts

WILDERTHANU
08-19-2004, 02:34 PM
I WAS AT MONDAY NIGHT'S SHOW, AND IM GOING TONIGHT....BUT TO BE HONEST I NEVER EVER GET THERE EARLY ENOUGH FOR THE OPENING ACT.... :hammer2:

haulina29
08-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Yes a band called Shine down

TrojanDan
08-19-2004, 03:27 PM
So was there any opening acts
Get there early so you can let me know what time they are off for tomorrow's show. :D

SandbarScot
08-19-2004, 04:17 PM
I just saw VH Tuesday night at Coors Amphitheater in Chula Vista. Great Show...didn't get there in time to see who opened.

beached 1
08-20-2004, 06:35 AM
The opening band did their best to sound like Soundgarden..
Yawn
but VH was awesome..last time I saw them was with Roth at the 83 US festival..
:messedup:

HighRoller
08-20-2004, 06:46 AM
What songs did they play?