PDA

View Full Version : Best exhaust for a 6.0 Stroke

N2Lake
08-19-2004, 04:26 AM
Just bought a 04 Power Stroke and talked with a guy yesterday about the new Bassani stainless exhaust for it. Sounds like a sweet setup, 4 inch from the turbo back. He also said you have to keep the cat or it will light up the check engine light. What is everyone else running?

PHX ATC
08-19-2004, 06:34 AM
Banks is overpriced for what you get. Neighbor down the road has one.
Bassani is overpriced, I think, but it's quality stuff.
MBRP has some good stuff for the $$$. Sounds good on the Dodge. Here's a link. SS Exhaust (http://www.dieselperformanceparts.com/ford_stainless.html)

jackpunx
08-19-2004, 07:41 AM
Im running B&B.. sounds a looks great.. check out www.superdutyheadquarters.com
they did all my work

Jrocket
08-20-2004, 08:37 PM
He also said you have to keep the cat or it will light up the check engine light. What is everyone else running?
Nope wrong.Doesnt light up anything but the tires.
Dppi turbo back,no cat.

Rubths
08-21-2004, 02:02 PM
I have a Gibson on ours and you cant even hear a difference in exhaust noise. My EGT dropped 250-300dgs while climing and better mileage.

riverbound
08-21-2004, 03:12 PM
I have the MBRP on mine (7.3) and my buddy has it on his 6.0 he did delete the cat and no lights were tripped. We both have the polished stainless 4" turbo back. the 6.0 is awesome sounding. We bought ours from shopdiesel.com (http://shopdiesel.com) I had it in a couple of days and installed it in about an hour. This was the cheapest price I could find for a complete stainless system.

PHX ATC
08-25-2004, 07:47 AM
Get any exhaust yet?

fred515
09-02-2004, 11:58 AM
If your in San Diego area go to Express muffler, they will build a custom system a lot cheaper than that other stuff.

NorCalCat
09-03-2004, 11:35 AM
I just ordered the 6.0 Perfect Combo. http://www.shopdiesel.com/index.cfm/action/productdetail/product_id/1007.htm
$1450.00 comes with:
EDGE Juice/Attitude Monitor Package
The Attitude In-Cab Controller provides adjustability that has never been easier or looked better. The In-Cab controller combines sleek new engineering with cutting edge technology to provide state-of-the-art performance in adjusting levels, reading EGT and boost, and monitoring transmission slippage. With the addition of this controller, there will no longer be a need for gauges. Backlit LCD display screen will provide easy and clear readings of EGT temperatures and boost readings. With the push of a button, you can switch power levels and have adjustability on the fly.
Stylish Design
Backlit LCD
Adjustability On The Fly
Installation: Quick & Easy Installation. Mainly just Plug & Play.
Installation Manual Will Be Included.
Tech Notes: 50 State Smog Legal
AFE Pro-Guard 7 INTAKE SYSTEM
Product features:
• Maximum Protection - Pro-Guard 7 media offers the maximum protection for your engine
• High Efficiency - The Pro-Guard 7 line of filters give you efficiency higher than any performance filter
• Dust Holding Capacity - Pro-Guard 7 filters offer higher dust holding capacity than any filter on the market
• Longer Service Life - With service intervals in excess of 50,000 miles, you can reduce maintenance costs
• Better air flow - Give your engine the air it needs to breath and perform as its full potential
• More Power - Take advantage of the power your vehicle has to offer by increasing air flow
• Easy replacement
• Better Value - Extended service interval, higher air flow, and the long term protection help with the total cost of vehicle ownership and operation
MBRP Stainless Steel Exhaust
MBRP 4 inch systems are available in complete "304" stainless steel and also come in "409" stainless steel with the "304" stainless steel mirror polished muffler. These systems include a 4" to 5" rolled edge stainless tip. This one system kit accompanied with it's hardware kit contains all the components required to fit all cab and box configurations.(except 136"wheel base)
ShopDiesel 6.0 Perfect Combo
115 Plus Horsepower with Monitoring
~~~~~~~~~~~
Not a bad deal. :eek:

flatline performance exhaust systems
09-08-2004, 06:49 PM
I carry all of exhaust systems. Its all depends on what you want.I have exhaust for 465.00 up to 621.00.I carry all chips and air intake as well. I will beat any price.
1 714 306 4496 shop #
thanks Doug