PDA

View Full Version : can you help a sister out

MsDrmr
08-19-2004, 07:11 AM
My sister who has been working as an executive admin. asst. to the President of Coca Cola needs to find a new job. She was working for several years as an admin asst and was laid off, she took this job as a tem however, with the lack of benes provided and a significant pay cut, she is looking for a new company to work for.. Right now she commutes from Ontario to Orange county and is willing to commute again if $ is right. Does anyone know of someone who is hiring? she has done the paper ads, internet, and so forth, now I thougt I would turn to you guys for some help. She is extremely organized, great phone voice, works well with public, vast computer knowledge and is very professional.
Any help would be appreciated

MagicMtnDan
08-19-2004, 07:50 AM
I'm just curious how someone who has "Executive Administrative Assistant" (AKA Executive Secretary) to the President of Coca Cola is having a hard time finding a job. Is she wanting to continue working as an admin or is she looking for something else?

MsDrmr
08-19-2004, 08:01 AM
basically she is looking for quite a bit per hour, and there is such a hiriring freeze in major companies. Coke is wanting to hire her full time but are themselves on a hiring freeze because they can't afford to pay someone fulltime + benefits.

Essex502
08-19-2004, 08:26 AM
I thought Coca-Cola was based in Atlanta. Was she a AA for a regional bottler perhaps?

Essex502
08-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Aerospace and Defense are hiring all around the southland.

jackpunx
08-19-2004, 08:30 AM
www.overture.com
or
www.yahoo.com
Let me know if there's a match for her.. and I'll walk her resume up. :)

MsDrmr
08-19-2004, 08:32 AM
www.overture.com
or
www.yahoo.com
I'll let her view them, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this

MagicMtnDan
08-19-2004, 08:45 AM
www.overture.com
or
www.yahoo.com
She is searching Monster.com right?

MsDrmr
08-19-2004, 08:47 AM
that is correct. I think she is exhausting most of the avenues available.

RiverToysJas
08-19-2004, 08:51 AM
I thought Coca-Cola was based in Atlanta. Was she a AA for a regional bottler perhaps?
That is correct, Coca-Cola is based in Atlanta. It's headed by CEO E. Neville Isdell, she must have worked for a regional distributor or bottler.
RTJas :D

THATJEFFGUY
08-19-2004, 01:43 PM
She is extremely organized, great phone voice, works well with public, vast computer knowledge and is very professional.
Any help would be appreciated
She should be able to get about $3.95/minute for that quality....which is about $237/hr...and very flexible hours too !!

JustMVG
08-19-2004, 02:09 PM
If she was going from Ontario to OC then she must have been working in Tustin, Coke does this hiring freeze BS all the time, recently they removed or gave Golden Parachutes to all at or near retirement or were Mid level MGT.
Within a year at the plant i worked at they had hired new people, not even giving those that were already there a chance, but these folks all ended up as Mid level MGT, just the opposite of company nee corporate policy, sorry to hear about your sisters situation, and in certain areas Coca -Cola is a great Company, but certain management teams are un bearable.

bigriverdog
08-19-2004, 02:18 PM
My wife got a great job as an admin assist at Loma Linda University Medical Center by just walking a resume in. The IE isn't the OC when it comes to pay but there is something to say about a 20 minute commute rather than 2 hours. Benefits are good and layoffs just don't happen.

MsDrmr
09-01-2004, 09:21 AM
I know this is an old post but my sis has been put on notice, her contract ends on Feb. 17th and she is in serious need of a job. anyone that knows of anyone hiring please let me know via this thread or Pms of any info you may have. all help is greatly appreicatad